22 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:06 AM

Ok so Some People here have submitted PM's to me saying that there is far too much racism going on everywhere, the Servers, the Forums, and such, I personally do not mind it, But when I see so many complaints of it, it Stands out, especially when it is well worded in a nice 4-5 Paragraph PM, So here is my official say on it, If you think it needs improvement, say it.

Im not saying we should stop racism completely, and it would be a waste of time to have rules like that because it takes time to get it done in such a way, But if people in BoSS themselves stopped using racism it would be better for everybody I figure, so when your in the servers and whatnot, Dont say !@#$%^& and such like that, just play the game and have fun.

this should decently make the servers better, also on that note anyone with racist words as their custom title or signature on the forums Please remove them.

Hope you all agree with me on this.

#2 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:19 AM

10-4. i will remove my custom title since i am quite sure you meant me

#3 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:09 AM

I personally couldn't agree more.... I don't mind it so much but I have noticed alot of it as of late so I will do as you say and try to keep it to a minimum with regaurds to the names and the pointless name calling that we all have seen in server 1 and 2 recently :tup:

#4 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:37 PM

a lot of people have been complaining about racism in the last 2 weeks more than anything. in my opinion its a hand out to the admin to watch someone else get introuble. think about it. all these kids getting slayed, kicked and frozen for camping or talking sh*t about boss. they see someone say !@#$%^& or jew and say admin can you kick the racist. thats my opinion. i dont mind racism, however im not racist, i just think its funny. however, i dont think maybe people have heard me say anything racist, except my black person inpersination on vent. but im not racist, saying hey nigga or sup g u nit, is a greeting no so much of insinuating someone is black and a judgement of their worthyness. ill try and keep it down just as common curtisy and hope everyone else does too.

#5 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:42 PM

Unfortunately the whole N-word in online gaming is just a fact of life.. I think the bigger point here is that people with the "BoSS" tag should try to keep the use of it to a minimum. If other people see us spamming it, they will think its ok for them to do it. I've gone hours without seeing any kind of racism, then one word from some little turd and its like opening the flood gates.

#6 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:47 PM

Unfortunately the whole N-word in online gaming is just a fact of life.. I think the bigger point here is that people with the "BoSS" tag should try to keep the use of it to a minimum. If other people see us spamming it, they will think its ok for them to do it. I've gone hours without seeing any kind of racism, then one word from some little turd and its like opening the flood gates.

Yes man I agree. There's this guy called " Green Monster ", he comes into the servers (his new), and he talks about !@#$%^&s and furthermore racist things. Once in a while to use it wont hurt, but if we spam it like Lost said, everybody will think its ok.

#7 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

yeah ive been told by serveral admins to get the ID next time i see him. ive told him to keep it down. ive told him we dont have a policy against it but to show some respect which we do have a policy for. thats not why he needs a ban, i dont need to go into that tho.

#8 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

I personally think that this is a good thing. How white people feel about the word "!@#$%^&" and how african americans feel about it are two completely different things (I used the example "!@#$%^&" because that is the most common racist word on the forums and servers). Racism just scares away potentially cool people of other races. I know none of your white asses have the balls to walk into the ghetto and say that (except for maybe Shadow and Pumper). So why would you blast that sh*t all over the forums and servers. Thats just the pussy way to go.

Just my opinions.

#9 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:32 PM

I was in the server with Green Monster and he was being a retard spamming !@#$%^& this and !@#$%^& that. Im not really racist but also think the word !@#$%^& is a stupid ass word. Anyways someone asked me in the server (I just started usin the BoSS tag) if BoSS stood for something racist. I, personally, thought this was VERY not cool. I assured the guy that BoSS did not stand for anything racist as the last thing we need is a bunch of closet racist idiots around spamming !@#$%^& everywhere. :33:

#10 Atmosphere

Atmosphere

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:37 PM

I agree, we have to try to control it...

-atmo

#11 Marked Target

Marked Target

Combine Zombie

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:47 PM

I'll keep a look out on people who overdo it.

#12 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

yeah if sob can do it we all can. sob says "derek is a !@#$%^&" over admin how many times a round? haha i think its funny.

#13 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:56 PM

is nigga plz an execption?

only jokes, control saying nigga i will

#14 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

!@#$%^& is the only word you guys are thinking of. remember jews (guru kid), arabs (arabian king), african americans, canadians (monster and many others), russians (aziz) and evrythone else. we have a diverse group of peoiple on the servers and in the community and its nice to show respect to each. :) plus keep away with the anti-american crap too.

#15 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:23 AM

to be honest, i couldnt be any more racist on CS:S.. but, i do promise to cut it out, i wont use that kinda lango in here. ive played in servers where the admins kicked me because i was BoSS, they said "That clan is a bunch of racist fools.", i was kicked and perm ban almost 30 seconds into the game. like i said, i will chill out with it, im sorry if i offended anyone.

#16 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:46 AM

!@#$%^& is the only word you guys are thinking of. remember jews (guru kid), arabs (arabian king), african americans, canadians (monster and many others), russians (aziz) and evrythone else. we have a diverse group of peoiple on the servers and in the community and its nice to show respect to each. :) plus keep away with the anti-american crap too.

I wouldn't worry about calling those f*ckin snow monkey's up north any names. They don't have any bombs like the Americans.... heh.

#17 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:54 AM

I wouldn't worry about calling those f*ckin snow monkey's up north any names. They don't have any bombs like the Americans.... heh.

Ima bomb you for talkin like that boy, I mean :19: ...

:9:

#18 bv_xracer

bv_xracer

Lurker

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:36 AM

I am really happy to hear this subject being dealt with in a mature manner, the racism in the BoSS servers has caused me to log out too many times. I come to the game to have fun, and the trash talk is enuf. I don't think racist comments add to the game, so like flash nades and sniper rifles, I can live without.

#19 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:26 AM

i like being called a canadian.. it makes me feel different!!

but on a more seirous note.. i couldn't agree with you more on this topic shadow, to be honest i have never been a fan of the whole racism thing.

i have to say i agree with every word here^. except "seirious"

#20 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:14 PM

white people aren't allowed to use that word. But listen to rap and you will hear that every other word is just that. Seriusly I heard someone playing that sh*t in the parking lot of my school. "something-something !@#$%^&, something-something !@#$%^& (repeat)" it was hilarious. But yeah, calling someone 'your nigga' isn't really racism. It's when you use it as a cuss word etc.. So try to keep it down (I admit I have said a few times when I got gayed).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users