#1 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:14 AM

:dork:

Edited by NC Derek, 25 March 2006 - 04:51 PM.

#2 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:24 AM

I agree and its nice to see you post Derek. By the way just another thought. I dont think there is any realy way to enforce this and it might bring about a little bit more spam but just keep an open mind.

Since everyone values the BoSS tag [caugh] new members [caugh] what if in order to wear the tag you have to be a dedicated member instead of a member. The reason i propse this is it would allow everyone to get to know the person and allow the new member to realize that this is a community and the tag is merely something that goes along with it of less importance. I guarentee once people start posting it is like an addiction. They will stay active for sure but the down side is we might get a little more spam and dumb topics from a few people.

Other people please offer you thoughts.

Edited by Cleric, 24 March 2006 - 11:25 AM.

#3 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:39 AM

I agree and its nice to see you post Derek. By the way just another thought. I dont think there is any realy way to enforce this and it might bring about a little bit more spam but just keep an open mind.

Since everyone values the BoSS tag [caugh] new members [caugh] what if in order to wear the tag you have to be a dedicated member instead of a member. The reason i propse this is it would allow everyone to get to know the person and allow the new member to realize that this is a community and the tag is merely something that goes along with it of less importance. I guarentee once people start posting it is like an addiction. They will stay active for sure but the down side is we might get a little more spam and dumb topics from a few people.

Other people please offer you thoughts.

actually thats a really good idea, I wouldnt mind seeing that happen

#4 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

Well said Derek.

Cleric, we used to have a similar system. Everyone who joined posted like 40 times a day and it was a complete mess. I don't think that dedicated member thing will work. But it is a good thought.

#5 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:57 AM

Well said Derek.

Cleric, we used to have a similar system. Everyone who joined posted like 40 times a day and it was a complete mess. I don't think that dedicated member thing will work. But it is a good thought.

yeah I can see that too, there would need to be some kinda spam filter. I can post around 10 times a day and still be quality, but much more than that would just seem like spam to me. I can't think of anything that would actually work to filter out that stupid people from the good ones aside from banning, which is pretty much what we do now.

Regardless, something is going to have to end up happening.

#6 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:37 PM

You have a valid point Derek, but I see things a little differently. In the past few months I have seen quite a few new active members join that are cool as hell. These half a dozen or so members that I am talking about won't get banned. This is because they are relatively responsible and intelligent people.

What makes BoSS so great is the 50 or so really active members. If we didn't do things the way we do here there'd be a bunch more members, sure, but the quality of members wouldn't be as good. The gaming community in general is made up mostly of young males. When I was 15 or 16 I was a complete f*ckhead, I'll be the first one to admit. Now that I'm 25 I can't stand whining little b*tches. The amount of active BoSS members that are whiny little b*tches is very small. I like it that way.

I agree that Admin should not "banforlife" people for little reason. Warn people first and try to explain to people sh*t when they ask. I have seen players banned that honestly didn't know that they were doing anything wrong. As for mic spammers, or general retarded people I don't think they should even be givin a warning. Thats my opinion though. Keep in mind that 99% of people that are banned deserve it.

p.s Ima ban you Derek :tup:

#7 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:39 PM

#8 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

These long posts are drying my contacts out.... Each has a good point, but these things have been stated in the past. Still, stupid bans still happen. WTF is up with a 1 minute ban. Then the guy posts on the forum, gets flamed, and if it was a 1 minute ban, it was not worth the effort banning the guy.

As an admin, you can still make your point and control the game with easy methods.

burn-- they will b*tch a little and let them know why(eventhough the warnings preceeded the burn)
kick a camper---he will come back saying "wtf"....you tell them why....they b*tch a little more...the mute for a while.
Slapping, freezing....all these things work, and show the rest of the people on the server not to f*ck around.

On a personal note and from painful experiences of which I did not deserve.....I was banned from this server under 2 separate names in the past. Server Nazi did it to me twice under those names. Called me, of all people, a hacker cause I used to pre-fire around every corner when the T's used to rush like mofos. I b*tched back on the forums when I was wasted one night and got the ultimate ban-hammer and was told to end my life!!!.....by shadow....teehee. I pretty much suck at this game but I enjoyed the servers and the rules and was absolutely f*ckin pissed when I was banned for the second time over a comment like "what did I do?"

Thus the stupid name Constantine, cause my other good names were used up in the past. Now I am stuck with this name....haha. Even after being banned twice from the servers and the forums, I still enjoyed the servers and donate money when things get tough......So the moral of this story is...use your admin powers with restraint to control the game and you will notice that all three servers will fill with good people. I would consider myself a good addition to this place/community and quite frankly, can't believe I came back. We can build a positive atmosphere while still keeping that edgy "don't mess around" feel to the server.

Oh, and don't ban me for a third time please.....thanks....i have no idea what name I would pick.!....Thanks

C

#9 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

I agree Derek. On a sidenote, we have been a little bit better in welcoming the newcomers as of late.

#10 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:30 PM

Derek-it is OUR job to preserve these servers and this community

Ok, sure

Derek-but stop letting games get in your ways guy. you are all apart of boss.... remember your priority.

so since you decided to leave you come back randomly and tell most everyone that they are doing a sh*tty job.

Derek-since when have we had those and how in the world do you manage to accidently ban someone. stop playing around with your controls. pay more attention to the campers and hackers and trash talkers.

ok i geuss thats what really kind of set me off. It is hard to play a f*cking game and still be admin at the sametime. if we didn't see you and we typed @ban NC it would get you too. even if we were trying to ban NC "whatever" I don't feel like you can talk about it till you are there. If you want things to change and run different then you should get admin. youve been here as long as me if not longer so you should support the server like everyone else. No excuse is really acceptable because if you can afford to be in college have a personal comp and buy a video game you have a little cash to spare it just depends on where your priorities and loyalites are. So plesase DO NOT come down on the guys who would actually rather spend that $20 to help shadow and keep the servers here; than buy some fat girl at the bar drinks so she will sleep with you (and derek don't get pissed this is directed at anyone who puts down admins)

Im not trying to piss anyone off but i know sob was the last person to "accidently" ban someone and i know it was an accident and i think he has/ will always be one of the best admins.

Derek alot of things in that post i agree with i think we should have more restraint as admins, and i am doing my best. I always switch to the loosing team becasuse i remember what its like not being able to and just getting punished. I hated that sh*t. i always try to help the underprivilaged team out with cash or a good player. But as far as "the im back when i want to be", and not wearing the boss tag. Someone who has been a member for as long as you have and who has worn the tag as long as you have and just decideds that he does 't want to be associated with boss anymore then. i feel you should either make your peace here and lets talk about what would make you comeback and the real reason you left. or i think you should leave.

because i really do not want to come to the forums and read threads from a guy telling us what to do, who apparently doesn't respect the community enough to wear the tag

ok after all that if you hate me and hope i die send me a PM cause im not gonna E-fight with you in front of everyone

Edited by Billy Pumper, 24 March 2006 - 02:37 PM.

#11 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

#12 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:19 PM

I don't quite understand where this thread is coming from. If this thread had shown up 1 or 2 months ago I might have understood, but now I do not. It almost seems to be a personal problem than a problem with BoSS.

The fact is that there isnt a problem with boss right now. It's been very good as of late. The new admins are VERY good and deserve there new positions. Props to Nagash, Shlonky, Billy, Inertia, Ezekiel and whoever I might have missed, you guys are doing a good job. I think the group of admins now are the strongest group we have had in a long time. They do a good job of keeping things fair for everyone and allowing people to have fun in the servers, which is something I think we all need.

We are a strong community. The new comers have been warm-welcomed and a lot of them are very cool. I play as different names a lot in the server and dont really try to play, just acting as a peace keeper and notice a lot of good things.

As for mistakes, we ALL make them. It is much easier than you might think Derek. recently I kicked someone that I did not mean too and made peace with him when he came back. I don't blame Sob at all and he is honestly one of the best admins here, and I trust his judgement.

I have a feeling that maybe if you got on ventrilo, we're on the servers more this thread would have never came up.

Honestly I'm suprised this thread came from Derek, for the fact that I believe he is probably the last person that should be talking about supporting boss or what admins should or should not do. Its a LOT harder being an admin than you think at times. There are a lot of judgement calls that can be difficult, and if you make the wrong choice, you are always the bad guy.

I DO NOT THINK we are off track at all, I think we've been on track for the past few weeks. At least Counter strike wise.

Feel free to respond Derek, I do not hate you and respect you, and am very willing to hear your side of stories, but don't disrespect me please because I dont feel the same way as you.

#13 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:27 PM

agreed blooms i think as of late CSS has been hitting on all eight cylinders gj guys lets keep it up

#14 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:36 PM

well Billy, SoB is not a very good example. He's accidentally banned himself, TWICE! :20:

And I have to agree with Blooms that our new generation of admins are very responsible, and we haven't had admin problems for quite a while *cough* marked *cough*

#15 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

I am, you could say a noob or newcomer to BoSS. I have already met new, friendly people. I have seen admins doing there job by banning/kicking people (hacking, sniper-room, camping, back-talking etc.). Not once have I seen a f*ck up in the BoSS system. But, yeah, there may be some accidental bans, kicks, slays. For example I was banned by Notorious accidentally. This does not mean I will think any less or be pissed at SOB. I was just all a misunderstanding and we are cool now. In fact I wouldn't of ever got to know him if it wasn't for this mishap. You guys don't have to take my thought/opinion condsidering that I have been here for three days, but as from what I can see, BoSS is running pretty smoothly.

#16 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

see ^^^^ see ^^^^ we are doing good

#17 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

Of course you are. You are getting new members everyday. And not everyone can be perfect. We all have our flaws.

#18 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

Even the fact that we're all uniting under the BoSS banner and trying to explain how we're happy about our community shows how strong we really are. We all love playing here, for much the same reason as you. I can appreciate where both sides are coming from, as I'm not an admin, but spend a lot of time on vent with the admins. They have a tough job and have used me in the past to observe players and have trusted my judgement and word regarding situations. Even though I'm not an admin I still donate and just like you I'm not in debt to my parents, some bank, or the government. I spend my money on things that I believe in and things that are worth my time and effort. BoSS is the reason I still play CS. I've practically stopped playing other games because I love playing with BoSS and getting on vent and having an actual relationship with people. You know about this just as much as anyone, you've been here and formed the relationships too. I honestly don't know why you've taken a hiatus from the community. Why not wear the tags, you've EARNED them... just like you want the new people to earn them.

So really, whats the point of this thread? Do you feel like we've excluded you from the community or that you have been neglected? Honestly, you are the first BoSS regular that I can remember from when I started playing here a little over a year ago. I registered under this name after spending time here and finding out that it was the best of the best. The community makes it what it is and you're a part of that community.

In one of your previous posts you mention using another game to bring us together... what more do you want. We have WoW, CS, BF2, Guild Wars, and StarCraft among others. There is something for everybody.

All that being said, I like what the community has evolved into and hope to continue the process. All things change in time, maybe you just dont want to accept it.

#19 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:15 PM

i thought you were gone derek? thanks for coming back and leting us know that you think we should be doing a better job.
i would value your oppinion but you just keep posting stuf that dosent seem to be the concern of someone who has publicley "resigned" his posision in boss. THANKS THOUGH.
maby you should of tried to fix these probs when you were a member of boss.

i think billy said it best. im not so nice about stuf like this.

Edited by wyte mafia, 24 March 2006 - 05:18 PM.

#20 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:26 PM

ok derek don't take any of these posts the wrong way i believe the general consensus is that you should come back calling yourself a BoSS member and not wearing the tag is weak at best. we all still like you, value your opinion, and enjoy playing with you so comeback because we always hate losing "good" members

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users