53 replies to this topic

#1 Inertia

Inertia

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

Sup all, just a random thought, why did you choose the name you play with?
I started out playing as Poo Dollar after a cool collage game, but after playing a while I needed a change, so Inertia works for me as my score/rank will attest ( who gives a sh*t about rank????)
Kinda self explanitory for those who have played with me. But I am thinking of changing it to "NC Joes Pwner"
what do you all think?

#2 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

Mine is from Shlonky Dong which is my AIM name, which comes from Donkey Kong. Used to play Mario Kart (for snes and is THE best racing game EVER) used to race with Donky Kong which turned into Shlonky Kong and then Shlonky Dong. Been using this alias for almost 10 years now. Damn I'm old. :tdown:

#3 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

Was a cool G.I. Joe that only made it on a few episodes

#4 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:14 PM

I remember alpine......he kicked ass. Mine is from the comic book character, not the keanu reeves character. Same type of story, but a lot more kick-ass.

#5 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

I remember alpine......he kicked ass. Mine is from the comic book character, not the keanu reeves character. Same type of story, but a lot more kick-ass.

I'm suprised nobody can remeber him :D

#6 nachos18

nachos18

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:19 PM

nachos 18...it has been my username for every single accout i make...of anything

it all began when i created my first and only email, [email protected], cause nacho(whatever age i was then)@hotmail.com wasnt available

#7 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

My personality used to be really rogue like and doing my own sh*t, but it also stems from a deep rooted love for star wars and rogue squadron. Been my sn, email, and name for almost 10 years now. Rogue Squadron from the book series (X-wing), which I think it was Ziros... that has a quote from as his sig "when no other opportunity presents itself... shoot everything in sight" - Garik "the Face" Loran.

The Ally part I added because its a nice contradicition of terms, a rogue does things on their own, not with someone else. So the idea of working together with an ally is foreign and interesting.

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

Mine stems from when I first started Counter Strike. I sucked at CS when I first started, like most of us did. I usually had 3 kills for every 12 deaths if I was lucky. So I named myself Ezkill. After a while I started getting better and used Ezekill, cause I still wasn't great. Then through many mistypings of my name, Ezekiel became a common name people called me because of not taking time to read my name. By then I was decent at CS, usually averaging at least a 1.2 k/d ratio. So I adopted the name Ezekiel. And, that's the name I've used since on anything I can use the name on.

Wow, I never really thought on how complicated the series of events came to my name. :wtf:

Note: My name has nothing to do with the religious prophet Ezekiel. Though, I do like the angel Ezekiel. Since, he's the angel of death and transformation.

Edited by Ezekiel, 25 March 2006 - 07:32 PM.

#9 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:53 PM

Mine stems from when I first started Counter Strike. I sucked at CS when I first started, like most of us did. I usually had 3 kills for every 12 deaths if I was lucky. So I named myself Ezkill. After a while I started getting better and used Ezekill, cause I still wasn't great. Then through many mistypings of my name, Ezekiel became a common name people called me because of not taking time to read my name. By then I was decent at CS, usually averaging at least a 1.2 k/d ratio. So I adopted the name Ezekiel. And, that's the name I've used since on anything I can use the name on.

Wow, I never really thought on how complicated the series of events came to my name. :wtf:

Note: My name has nothing to do with the religious prophet Ezekiel. Though, I do like the angel Ezekiel. Since, he's the angel of death and transformation.

your name sounds like an angel name though. :tup:

#10 c_raid

c_raid

hater proof

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

c_raid...what i use in most scenarios is my first initial, plus raid lol sometimes i mix it up with craid c_raider....all in the effect that when i think of raid or raiding something i just think of f*cking it up. lol.

and mint skoal is something i just threw on for counterstrike...cause its the greatest dip ever made :)

Edited by c_raid, 26 March 2006 - 01:19 AM.

#11 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:44 AM

It's my real name.

#12 darth d1zzy

darth d1zzy

Daedric Lord

• Banned
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:17 AM

ummm
yeah
i like star wars so darth
and ummm.... i just thought dizzy was a cool name

#13 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

At The Gates=bad ass band...but It became my nick name on EQ and any other fps I played,I may not have gotten the most kills, but I was usually the first one at the gatesof the enemies bases, spamming rockets, nades, flame throwers, not trying to go off topic but anyone remember Alien vs Pred, that skirmish level where you have to run from a downed dropship, and at the end of the map is a base, and you have aliens just coming from everywhere, thats another game that earned me that name. :tup:

#14 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:40 PM

Cleric = Equilibrium and saving peoples ass from getting shot but I don't heal. lol

The other two names I play as are:

Adon = Phoenician god Adonis represents death and rebirth
RubicKube23 = haven't played as that name in forever but i chose it becuase I can solve a rubics cube and the number is MJs number. Go Bulls!

#15 lingo

lingo

Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

Lingo is my nickname, which stemmed from my uncle's Nickname...

Uncle Ron = Ringo (dunno how he got that...)
Greg(me) = Little Ringo = Lingo

People in the pipe band world are weird....

#16 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

Ok well, mine is like consufsing im far but serious so im like ok im gonna put imserious lol!

#17 darth d1zzy

darth d1zzy

Daedric Lord

• Banned
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Ok well, mine is like consufsing im far but serious so im like ok im gonna put imserious lol!

how about ill tell them :evil:

he original name was eveilsailor and he spammed and then got banned
and he can back
and said imserious AND POOF THE REST IS HISTORY

#18 kid_latigo

kid_latigo

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:10 PM

playing poker with some guys(about 10 years older than me), one of them decided to call me kid latigo, i liked it and stayed with it.
later I foud out that it's an old comic book

Edited by kid_latigo, 26 March 2006 - 06:10 PM.

#19 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:23 PM

Aziz..

Original name is Aziz...light!
I took it from the movie Fifth Element, when the professor kept yelling at the boy, Aziz...light!, due to him falling asleep.

#20 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:39 PM

Aziz..

Original name is Aziz...light!
I took it from the movie Fifth Element, when the professor kept yelling at the boy, Aziz...light!, due to him falling asleep.

Wow, I always wondered where you got your name. And I've watched the 5th Element hundreds of times. Yet I've never made the connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users