#1 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:13 PM

Yo.
Lol. This is the 4th thread i make about buying stuff. Soon, ill be posting, in search for advice how to collect money best on the street, cuz imma be broke like brokeback mountain this summer with all the spenditures.

Anyway, to the point. My girlfriend's birthday is coming up, and i want to get her a computer. Her current computer is older than i am :20:
She is not freaky as all us biatches, so she doesnt need for gaming or anything like that. Basic computer - for internet, word processing... solitare and free cell, which shes addicted to, or some other sh*t LOL :weee: music, and photos. Pretty much sums up everything she does on the computer.

I went to Dell.
Built a computer for around 400$, which is not bad at all.

I checked out best buy just now - i dont know whether i should be buying anything for them... but they have AMDs for 400$. Im unsure which processor will be better for her... i might just go with a Dell.

Or should i buy parts and build it myself?

What do you guys think? :dork:

#2 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

Buy a prebuilt one

get something like this, upgrade the ram and you're all set

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 27 March 2006 - 01:18 PM.

#3 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

Should i go with Dell? :dork:

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:21 PM

i wouldn't spend over $400 for anything i was f*cking, casuse i look back on the days when i did that and regret it. get her something but don't go nuts. i would buy her a emachine at wallmart and upgrade her ram to 512 like death said.

#5 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:25 PM

Dell is good for people who know nothing about computers. They tend to have less problems than a clone with a mixmatch of parts. That being said, any computer can have problems. She will get more computer if you buy a clone. She'll less computer, but I would think less problems with a Dell. You are probably going to be her tech support, what would you rather have? :9:

Disclaimer: No computer is guaranteed to not have problems, even a Dell.

Edit: Oh and jewelry is pretty much always a good option.

Edited by Lost, 27 March 2006 - 01:26 PM.

#6 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:52 PM

f*ck jewelry.
Yeah, im definitely not spending more than 400$.
I might just buy her a dell. 256ram should be enough for her, i think.

#7 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

I saw laptops around $600 in best buy. it might be a better gift than a desktop for a girl. just an idea.

#8 darth d1zzy

darth d1zzy

Daedric Lord

• Banned
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:41 PM

if she doesnt care
EBAY!!!!!!

get a pent 4 for like 200 bucks

#9 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

I saw laptops around $600 in best buy. it might be a better gift than a desktop for a girl. just an idea.

A laptop is a really good idea, man. i didnt think of it, and i would definitely take you upon your advice; however, 600$ is pushing it a little. I would go for it, if i didnt need money for more things this summer. Thanks for a good idea though. I will probably go with dell. will cost me 389$. The only thing is that id have to get a 17" crt :tdown: and 256mb of ram, which ill update later on for her. But besides that, it will be a very decent computer for her. Besides, shell flip when i give it to her.. she doesnt know about it :dork:

#10 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

lol aziz are you in a shopping spree or sumthing like really f*ck......

#11 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

Dude, its the time of year... :20:

Everyones bday is coming up. But this year dad is turning 40, which is a big date, so im gonna get him a good present. Gf's bday. I need a new computer... so a lot of things.. just need the money for it. :dork:

#12 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

Yeah its all good until you look at how much f*cking money you gotta spend ^-^

#13 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:52 PM

I'd rather me make one for you than to get a dell dude. Screw their great tech support. Mannn, if you're gunna go pre-made, dont overprice yourself and getta dell... I guess the only good thing would be getting an LCD out of buying a dell but don't think it'll be worthit.

#14 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

I'd rather me make one for you than to get a dell dude. Screw their great tech support. Mannn, if you're gunna go pre-made, dont overprice yourself and getta dell... I guess the only good thing would be getting an LCD out of buying a dell but don't think it'll be worthit.

The thing is that it costs 389 (not counting a 50$ mail-in rebate) with a 17" CRT!! Which sucks :tdown: But i dont think ill have the money to pay extra 170$ for a 17" LCD... :33:

#15 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:58 PM

Hmm.. I'd have to see the specs on it to see if it were a decent deal or not aziz. Idk, b/c I know many a ppl that I've worked on computers for upgrades etc w/dells and I always laugh when I see what they paid for.

#16 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Hmm.. I'd have to see the specs on it to see if it were a decent deal or not aziz. Idk, b/c I know many a ppl that I've worked on computers for upgrades etc w/dells and I always laugh when I see what they paid for.

I dont really wanna laugh when i look at it. I think i have tears my eyes... basically, go to dell.com and see the most simple desktop. add a few things.. i dont really wanna go over 400$, but if its only a lil bit (for an lcd) ill do it.

#17 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:17 PM

Just posting a lot. Trying to figure out things to get, where, and for how much. Wrote up posting guides. And other random stuff. You know how it goes. Im on vacation. So i have a lot of free time.

so is there any way i can get it with an lcd but not for too much?? :?:

#18 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

im not sure...but when i bought my dell for my mom lastyear the lcd monitor came free....

Were you buying the most simple model?

#19 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:20 PM

Dell has Free LCD deal upgrades like every other week don't they? You'll have to wait. And yes I'm pretty sure I've seen it on the cheapest models as well.

#20 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

Nice! If that turns out to be the case, im definitely getting that for her. I dont want to get her a CRT. Awesome. Thanks, guys. :tup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users