31 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:16 AM

Need a Few more admin's, thats for sure, So if anybody really wants to step up and help out, that would be greatly appreciated, PM me for more info.

Next on the list of things, Server 3, I know its pretty dead a lot of the time, what can be done to improve on it? any thoughts? Only Serious suggestion's please.

Looking for two or three people to send in a larger donation every month, about 30 Per month instead of 10 due to the rising server upkeep costs in the datacenter, Currently monthly cost runs around 250 / 300 per month and its pretty rough, So if anybody would be willing to take this responsibility will be rewarded for such great deeds.

Another thing I notice is a lot of disrespect, Please stop this nonsense as some people just don't deserve it.

#2 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:34 AM

With respect to server 3, I know FF has been suggested. That wouldn't be that hard to implement.

We could populate it with bots (crazy ass hard ones) for a week or so and see if that improves anything. I don't really like this idea, but it came to mind.

We could lower the number of possible players and turn it into a more team based server. BoSS tournaments and maybe scrims. I realize scrimming is more of a clan thing, but we could give it a try. Thats all the thoughts I have on that for now, I'll add more later.

We could make that be a server where there are downloads... but that would open up new maps, sounds, all that sort of stuff. It would def be a change of pace for BoSS, but it might just be what that server needs.

Doubt many people would go for this, but either an RPG or Zombie server would be cool. I know a lot of us were playing on that test RPG server... maybe that would boost interest in server 3

To make the server more player friendly... we could allow mapvote and a few of those functions. Then people wouldn't need an admin on to swtich maps and whatnot.

This is by far my least favorite suggestion, but we could fold on server 3... it would cut costs and put all emphasis on 24/7 office. If we did this, we could hijack someone elses server. Just go play there as 'our' server 3... once we found one we like we just post the ip on the forums and everyone that wants to can favorite list it.

As for $30 a month, I'm willing/able to do it at least in the near future (6 months at minimum). I'll throw $30 your way right now (done) and I can do either lump sum the $150 in about a week or just keep going $30. Whichever works for you.

Edited by RogueAlly, 06 April 2006 - 04:56 AM.

#3 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:33 AM

My 2 cents:

Definetly more maps on server 3, and the mapvote feature would be nice. I don't, personally, care for FF, but it would mix things up so I think its worth a try. As far as bots go; I hate them.

I would suggest DOD again, but more BoSS people would have to get it.

#4 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:38 AM

theres a lot we can do to get popularity. bots im not sure about. when i see bots in a server, i often avoid them. i want the real deal, i think most do too. a lot of people say 'oh you guys have 2 servrers?' ill say 'yeah, we have 3'

so maybe an add like how it says if you are annoying an admin and get banned.......

we can have soemthing that says, add us to you faveorites! server 2: (give the ip) , server 3 (give ip)

the motd gives the 3 servers which is good. i think servers 3 is on a bad start bc of the admins banning everyone a few months ago that wasnt boss back when there was always 10 of us always playing dust or aztec there. maybe have a section on the forums that gives the 3 servers that the new people will know about.

we can always have events. when theres a lot of boss players on server 1, we can discuss on ventrilo, about hosting a kniife fight or sniper or something fun. and invite everyone in to that servers before we leave to go to srever 3. and server 1 will of course fill up again and server 2 is often full at night, usually half full thru out the day off and on.

#5 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

Derek brings up a good point: WE need to start using server 3 more. If we use it they will come. I, personally have some of the most fun on server 3 fulla BoSS folks. Scouts 'n Pistol matches etc.

#6 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:49 AM

i was thinking maybe we could offer a ventrilo chennel to the public. a lot of guys lately have asked about getting in to our ventrilo and of course we say members only. which is correct. we dont want them in our areas. but maybe have one channel that they can get in to if thats possible. mabye all the channels have one password except a public one. and we can advertise that. then they would always know when we have something goign on in server 3. of to join us, they might be on vent and in another servers. someone can get on, get to know them be like you man come in to boss 1 or 2 or 3. something like that. :tup:

#7 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

k, let people on vent, give them all the information.

#8 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

Scouts Knives On Dust2....Ah good times

#9 Nagash

Nagash

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:16 AM

How about allowing admins to reserve a time on server lets say 3 hours or so and during that time the admin can host a session where they can do anything they want during that time. Just like when you or Ziros come in the servers and start doing all para and such.

#10 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:52 PM

I just woke up... and kinda lazy, so i didnt read any of the replies, man. I will in a bit.

Concerning Server 3. Dude, i dont even know what was the last time i played on it... or seen people on it. Maybe you can just take it down to bring down costs. im sure people would not want it (BoSS), but if it brings down the costs itll be better

#11 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:11 PM

or to lower the server cost; you could take server 3 down and make server 2 rotation map. admins can change it to office anytime anyway.

if not; FF on server 3 sounds good. also advertising other servers with announcements as derek said.

Edited by ghozy, 06 April 2006 - 01:11 PM.

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:45 PM

We have advertised when a bunch of us on vent have decided to do some Server 3. Usually people come from server 1, when we give the IP. We should do this more often. The one mod thingy we had a while back that I liked alot was the CS:S DM on office in Server 3. I think that's the most fun I've ever had on #3, closely followed by the tournaments.
But yeah, the more we use Server 3 the more people will find it. If we do implement the DM again I suggest putting it in the server name (IE "BoSS| www.bossgamers.com CSS #3: DeathMatch" or similar)
my 2 cents :tup:

#13 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:48 PM

Well for the extra monthly. I already give $20 a month instead of the standard $10. So If needed I will give $30, that's no problem.

For Server 3. FF should be enabled. Just for something different. Maybe, some more map selection for Server 3? I don't know how you'd feel about a custom map for server 3, like CS_Negotiator. A very nice, office like map. Link. I haven't played it too much with other players. I know there's a few choke points, but all in all a pretty fair, and interesting map.

Edit: I just donated another $20 for the hell of it. Your lucky I have lots of extra cash floating around.

Edited by Ezekiel, 06 April 2006 - 01:56 PM.

#14 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

ok, well i bet nobody will agree with me but there are some really made up maps such as surf ones and others you should put those in there with the voice headshot! and all those things.... just my suggestion.

#15 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:34 PM

How about some more custom maps? Check out the map concrete or some other smaller ones. Fast action, no need for camping.

#16 vet.mad hatter

vet.mad hatter

the real hatter

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:39 PM

ok, well i bet nobody will agree with me but there are some really made up maps such as surf ones and others you should put those in there with the voice headshot! and all those things.... just my suggestion.

I will end life if boss did surf maps not even playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:07 PM

Just a small thought...

If these dont work maybe make server three a custom map server? It would be pretty fun for the BoSS members to just hang out and whatever.

#18 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:10 PM

I end up on iceworld and breakfloor maps once in a while.

#19 nachos18

nachos18

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:13 PM

i think that for starters we should let people know that boss has 3 servers....a lot of people arent aware of this, and therefor dont visit them. Maybe like having random messages like the one of Respect Admins, giving out the IP for server 3 would help.

#20 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:15 PM

I remember playing on some servers that had this plugin that had all the real players versus bots....but the bots were usually zombies, and there whould be like 15-20 of them at a time, was fun, just wish I knew the name of the plugin.

and to add shadow, ill be getting my check soon + my pay raise, so I plan on donating VERY soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users