7 replies to this topic

#1 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:54 AM

ok can someone help me with this chemistry. i was up for 4 hours last night until 3am working on it. i have an 82 of 100 so far. just a few left. its not too bad. i was tlaking to the teacher and another student who helped a lot. i woont be here when its due, bc i wil we 4 hours away for 3 days for the phi delta theta formal.

so here it is, i took screens. if anyone could help or start me off that would be great. sorry, i know no one has ever posted about hw help before, but i thought chem was something a lot of guys here would have taken for their computer degrees.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:52 AM

You will find that Chem 101/105 will be the hardest and most time consuming of all the chem classes. It totally sucks and really is just about crunching balanced equations and figuring out moles of this and that.

You usually have to read the text book to figure out the little tricks to do the problems, or if your parents will help, get a tutor. We had tutors for the athletes in my college so I used those bastards every day.

I can't remember anything about that crap so I am no help, but seriously, class notes will help, but you have to spend the time and read the text book to really do well in chem.

C

Oh, and there is a reason chem 101/105 is so hard. It is the mother of all "weed-out" courses. Usually freshman want to do pre-med/pre-dental and have thoughts of grandure and all the money they will make. After their first "C", they usually drop out of chem and go for some social science degree. You have to stick it out and stick a good grade straight up their asses. If you make it through, then O-chem is a breeze.

Read the textbook, it's hard and time-consuming, but most of those lazy teachers take around 30% of the test questions out of the book......the other 70% will be from class notes. Class notes give you just enough info to pass the class.

Edited by constantine, 06 April 2006 - 09:57 AM.

#3 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:54 AM

Derek id love to help you but i cant read the image text even when resized. Can you perhaps post it again in a size so you can read the font or write the text out. That would be a start.

#4 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:08 AM

ok. these are just the ones i havnt done.

Assemble a battery using the following redox couples:

Pb2+/Pb and Mg2+/Mg

Example of input format:
For electrons, use e^1-
For a reaction arrow, use "->" (hypen + greater than)
For cations, such as Ca2+, use Ca^2+
For anions, such as Br1-, use Br^1-
Don't forget to include coefficients great than 1.

Write the half reaction that occurs at the anode.

Write the net redox reaction.

What is the cell potential? (Input format +#.##, or -#.##)

Use this diagram to answer the following questions.

a) If one of the electrodes is Al (suspended in a 1 M Al3+ solution), and the volt meter reads 2.00 volts, what is the identity of the other solid metal electrode (suspended in a 1M ionic solution of its cation)?

Input format for d, e & f: Br1- would be typed in as Br^1-.
The electron symbol e1- would be typed in as e^1- for parts d and e.
Do not multiply half reactions in d or e by factors used to balance the net equation.
The order that you enter the ions or electrons in the equations is not important.

Write the half reaction occurring in the right compartment.

Write the half reaction occurring in the left compartment. (Use the same format given above.)

Write the net redox equation for this spontaneous reacton. (Use the same format given above.)

Write net equations for the spontaneous redox reactions that occur during the following or none (all lower case) if there is no extensive reaction. See "Writing Chemical Equations" at the top of the assignment.

A silver wire is added to nitric acid (HNO3)

#5 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:21 AM

You will find that Chem 101/105 will be the hardest and most time consuming of all the chem classes. It totally sucks and really is just about crunching balanced equations and figuring out moles of this and that.

You usually have to read the text book to figure out the little tricks to do the problems, or if your parents will help, get a tutor. We had tutors for the athletes in my college so I used those bastards every day.

I can't remember anything about that crap so I am no help, but seriously, class notes will help, but you have to spend the time and read the text book to really do well in chem.

C
Oh, and there is a reason chem 101/105 is so hard. It is the mother of all "weed-out" courses. Usually freshman want to do pre-med/pre-dental and have thoughts of grandure and all the money they will make. After their first "C", they usually drop out of chem and go for some social science degree. You have to stick it out and stick a good grade straight up their asses. If you make it through, then O-chem is a breeze.

Read the textbook, it's hard and time-consuming, but most of those lazy teachers take around 30% of the test questions out of the book......the other 70% will be from class notes. Class notes give you just enough info to pass the class.

yeah its by far the hardest class ive taken. anatomy was tough in high school. unfortionately i have a great teacher so not much of an excuse. the notes are fill in the blank. and i study a few hours a day. i have pretty close to a 100 on hw assignments, and a C average on tests. im loving biology tho. ij ust love it.

#6 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

Derek id love to help you but i cant read the image text even when resized. Can you perhaps post it again in a size so you can read the font or write the text out. That would be a start.

click on the pic, once it is opened. It will bring up the actual size.

I havent dont this in a while. But i might look up so of the stuff to remember some things. I might post some possibilities for you in a bit.

#7 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:30 PM

I'm doing similar stuff, just a tad more advanced. We didn't learn how to make batteries tho :wtf: so I can't really help you there. The one thing I saw in that pic you posted was you were using HCl instead of KCl.. I haven't read about batteries but it would make more sense if the anions migrated to the + pole and the cations towards the - pole.

And on the silver + nitric acid one... In the equation you made you are breaking up water, not the acid..? You have to have NO3- somewhere in there, right? I think the products will be something llike 2NO2 + 2H20 + 3Ag(charge??)...

Anyway gl Derek. :tup:

Edited by Frag0holic, 06 April 2006 - 01:31 PM.

#8 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:50 PM

never mind haha some kid im'd me and we worked on it together. got a 100. sweeeeeeeeeeet. sorry jsut a last resort i posted it on here. i wonder how he got m yscreen name?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users