11 replies to this topic

#1 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

Oblivion is one of the coolest games I have ever played, there is no doubt sbout this. What pissed me off is that I actually beat the game in about 17 hours. About 75% of this time was spent dicking around in the world exploring stuff and doing the Assassins Guild quests. This means you can probably beat the game (by only doing the main quest in about 4 or 5 hours if you wanted to. I was really dissappointed by this. I almost cried, really.

I was expecting some really really badass dude that I would have to fight, only to get my ass kicked and have to spend more time hunting down a magical sword or armor or something. I really didn't explore more than 5% of Oblivion and beat it. :tdown:

I since have created a new character (A badass mage b*tch that cant use a sword to save her life but whose spells are mad powerful) and am going through the game again (this time for real) I'm Level 7 and still am toting the Amulet of Kings.....

Not many RPGS have very good replay value. After you beat FFXx did you really want to replay the entire game right thereafter??

I'm definetly not mocking the game, but I beat it for f*cks sake and feel like I didn't even play it?? WTF??

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, I was quite dissapointed with how short the main story was. Specially after how long Morrowinds was compared. I blame it partly on the fast travel system though. You used to have to travel everywhere and take boats/silt riders everywhere. Now you get a quest and just fast travel to/near it. That and your quest weren't even marked on the map in Morrowind, making you actually listen and read what people said.

That and the armor you get for beating this game makes you way to protected, and makes all the side quests way to easy. That's why I made another character too.

#3 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

true... But that isn't the point of this game, there is literally over 200 quests you can do and it's kinda fun...

Im rollin around ona lvl 23 Thief and ive got Master lockpick, expert sneak, etc, my gear is full glass, glass sword that does 20 base and 39 fire dmg with a -100% resist on strike for 1 sec.

all my gear has either +health, strength or blade. sneak attacks usually pwn people hard for a good 120+

#4 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:10 PM

My main charachter is lvl 24 and has pretty much just got to Could Ruler Temple. I've got a full daedric enchanted armor set and a daedric mace 30 dmg + 25 fire on hit. I killed the arena champion in two or three hits (at lvl 23). My main quarrel about this game is there are no really really challenging enemies. I mean sure, you can turn the difficulty up, but it doesn't make your enemies smarter/harder, they just have more health.
I guess the main quest is supposed to be completed short pieces at a time. It is no doubt the best singleplayer game since KotOR :tup:. I had more fun with this than HL2 singleplayer, though it's hard to really compare the two.

#5 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:17 PM

True shadow. But I missed the experience of Morrowind. Specially during the halfway point when you had to locate the azura temple using the clues. Lots of missions like that where you had to "think" and figure out what to do. Not pull up a map and have it marked for you.

There's a mod to remove the compass and map markers, but if you do that locating anything is really, pointlessly difficult, do to the fact that the missions often don't give you much of "how to get there" information, besides it <Insert Direction> of <Insert town>. Though not all of the quests were like that, the quest to get the artifact for the countess of bruma had you following landmarks to get to the lost base. That was really interesting, though those types of quests are few and far apart.

#6 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

gratz man

#7 YoJiMbO

YoJiMbO

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:00 AM

morrowind was a much better game...i can hardly find an enemy i cant kill in 1 hit...at 17
same as in morrowind..slap chamealon on armor and ur god
i feel they should just update morrowinds gfx so i can play the good TES without feeling like i stole my lil bros xbox...also the marksmanship is crap...a footshot=headshot...gay

#8 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:50 PM

Not many RPGS have very good replay value. After you beat FFXx did you really want to replay the entire game right thereafter??

FFXx? I did replay Final Fantasy VII after I beat it once.

#9 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

I got pissed at the game after the lady on the vampire quest doesn't acknowledge that I have 2 bloodgrass and won't cure me so I said f*ck it.

#10 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:02 PM

You know, you could just enter the command and give yourself a cure vampirism potion. But, if your playing on the 360, your f*cked.

#11 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:25 AM

You know, you could just enter the command and give yourself a cure vampirism potion. But, if your playing on the 360, your f*cked.

whats the command?

#12 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:21 AM

player.additem 000977e4 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users