Photo

aim_lanparty

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

Poll: Poster/Wall Title (53 member(s) have cast votes)

What should the the poster/wall be called?

1. BoSS Dream Team (11 votes [20.75%])

Percentage of vote: 20.75%

2. BoSS Wall-of-Fame (35 votes [66.04%])

Percentage of vote: 66.04%

3. BoSS Ass-kickers (5 votes [9.43%])

Percentage of vote: 9.43%

4. Other (post) (2 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:14 PM

Alright, so I'm making a map. It's going to have custom things in it including various references to BoSS and CS. One of these is a poster with BoSS members names on it.

It does need a title. If you want your name on it, post here.

Edited by Chris82, 13 September 2006 - 06:24 PM.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:41 PM

BoSS Brutalizers. Lame, but I didn't like any on the list.

#3 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:29 PM

heh probably wall-of-fame. Couldn't think of anything else to put.

#4 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:45 PM

I agree. And you should hav Gaara and Billy and whoever else make a ton of mspaint stuff for it. Like one long continuing picture...thatd be tight. And only have inside jokes on it...dammit, Im in no inside jokes.

Just give me a full panel for my stuff. :tup:

#5 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:07 AM

well you can't have the BoSS|Dreamteam cause there is already one. and for you new guys lol i laugh at any challenge that would face them lol

#6 Nagash

Nagash

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:36 AM

Call the wall knifed by Garaa hehe but then you would have to put all of our names up there.

how about BoSS Scallywags

#7 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

BoSS Elites? FTW? or wall of fame

#8 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:07 AM

wall of fame is fine to me....im OG. Put me on it.

#9 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:08 PM

I STILL don't understand what you need the baby for.

#10 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:59 PM

we have to add gaaras french toast recipe

http://forums.boss-g...?showtopic=4500

I STILL don't understand what you need the baby for.

Flavor ......... DUH! Ever hear the saying "smoother than a babys ass??" Thats some smooooooth french toast. :tup:

#11 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:14 PM

You should add all of the pictures from Gaara's Super Sigs topic into the map. Definitely some inside jokes there, from what I'm told. And I know I won't be on the poster considering I am new and all, but the BoSS Wall-of-Fame sounds good, I think.

#12 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

Ok, so it will probably be called Wall-Of-Fame.

I'll put everyone's names on the list and I'll get Garra's permission to use his stuff in the mod.

It will sort of be like a billboard and it will have spotlights on it. Camping on the wall of fame, anyone?

#13 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:50 PM

Well, the map is the inside of a building. It's designed like an internet cafe/lan center. It has two floor, and the top floor has large windows that overlook the bottom floor. It has some CS_office flavor, along with some custom textures and maybe custom music.

I might do an extended version with a basement and exterior. It is going to be unique in that it has many interactive objects including computers, stoves, and other things.

I'll post some dev shots tomorrow.

#14 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:16 PM

I like the wall of fame idea. As kinda an easter egg thing, you should add random names in corners and camp spots. Just little things that you really have to know the map to notice. I don't want to give you more work or anything, but it would be cool.

Let me know when you need testers

#15 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:37 PM

I like the wall of fame idea. As kinda an easter egg thing, you should add random names in corners and camp spots. Just little things that you really have to know the map to notice. I don't want to give you more work or anything, but it would be cool.

Let me know when you need testers

I will need some testers when I'm done, which should be in early August some time.

But adding hidden locations/easter eggs isn't hard. (and there will be a few) What's the most time consuming thing? Coding map objects to be interactive. On the map, there are two vending machines which function like they do on CS_office. To get them to do that, I have to add an invisible box to the vending machines called "func_button," an "env_physexplosion" to get the bottles to come out of the machine, sounds to make it realistic, and I have to add inputs to each feature so that the funcs and envs know what to do and when.

If I'm adding everything people suggest, there will be more than one wall/billboard. One will have everyone's names, one will be filled with Garra's work, and one will have inside jokes. The latter two I'm thinking of making into posters and putting them in the part of the map I like to call "DarkShadow's Office." I can also give someone (whoever wants it) an area of the map. There's a kitchen/bar/concession stand. I can put a sign over it that says something like "Billy's Bar." Who wants their name on that sign?

#16 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

Oh f*ck yeah, I so call that bar if no one else got it yet. I've been drinking the whole f*cking weekend and that just goes right in line!

Are there any alcohol bottles and stuff for maps or will it just be a bar table (I pretty much only play office, gun game, or glass floor)???

#17 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

Ok, you can have the sign above the bar. Also, yeah, the bar will have bottles and I could probably retexture a can to look like beer.

But, yeah, dev shot pics tomorrow of Shadow's office, RogueAlly's Bar, and part of the LAN Center.

#18 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

If you can, have a backdoor entrance to the bar and have an arrow pointing to it that says "Tyler's Fight Club Entrance" :tup: :weee:

#19 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:53 PM

Well, going outside is still in the air at this point.

I may release two versions of the map. The regular version will include the upstairs, ground floor, and possibly a basement. (filled with servers of course) Big maps aren't usually popular on Gun game or other mods like that because rounds take too long to finish.

The extended version will probably have an exterior. Remember, it is in an urban setting with BoSS elements added. Maybe on an extended DE_ version, the Ts try to bomb either the BoSS servers in the basement or the big pile of donation money.

#20 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

If you want to make a fight club, put it down in the basement. And maybe throw some blood on the servers for an extra effect. :20:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users