Photo

aim_lanparty

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

Poll: Poster/Wall Title (53 member(s) have cast votes)

What should the the poster/wall be called?

1. BoSS Dream Team (11 votes [20.75%])

Percentage of vote: 20.75%

2. BoSS Wall-of-Fame (35 votes [66.04%])

Percentage of vote: 66.04%

3. BoSS Ass-kickers (5 votes [9.43%])

Percentage of vote: 9.43%

4. Other (post) (2 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

yay im in the hall of fame!...the map will look awsome when it has lights...are you going to put colored lights anywhere?

#42 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

Hmmmm it looks to me like you're building a way to get onto the wall of fame.

I can see it now... Ace of Spades sitting on that damn thing sniping at everyone running around.

The o in BoSS should be lower case on the sign, thats the one change I would make to any of the rooms thus far.

Whats going to be special about the admin box?

#43 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:04 PM

Hmmmm it looks to me like you're building a way to get onto the wall of fame.

I can see it now... Ace of Spades sitting on that damn thing sniping at everyone running around.

The o in BoSS should be lower case on the sign, thats the one change I would make to any of the rooms thus far.

Whats going to be special about the admin box?

Yeah, I'll probably fix that in the texture. The font I used to write BoSS (Hitman) is in all caps by default, but I can scale the O in Photoshop.

Also, I finished the admin room. Something else like an inside joke has to go in there. Gaara's recipe is getting tacked up in the bar area. Also, I have all of the signs made (DarkShadow's Office, etc...) but those will be applied last. I am also going to retexture the bottles and cans tomorrow. What brand of beer does everyone like? I can have two brands of beer, two brands of pop, and, of course, Bawls.

Edited by Chris82, 25 July 2006 - 09:07 PM.

#44 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

Make up the beer like "Billy's Bastard Juice", and put me down for a corona.

#45 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:49 PM

Maybe you should add a armory, and only tell us how to get to it. Bwhahaha its pure evil.

Edited by XxInColdBloodxX, 25 July 2006 - 10:51 PM.

#46 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

If you still have space to add more rooms to the map, maybe you could add a bomb shelter, or in this case, an Anti-Gaara Shelter, to protect us from his knifing, lol. Inside you could have food and water stored up on shelves and on one of the walls it could say Anti-Gaara Shelter in big letters or something. I just dont know where you would add a bomb/Anti-Gaara Shelter into the map, maybe an underground tunnel leading to it from the office building. Anyways, that's just an idea, if I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

If there was a way you could have those lights above the Wall Of Fame illuminate the sign, that would be cool, but since this map will probably be in the daylight, it won't really be needed.

Edited by Mr. Sticks, 25 July 2006 - 10:57 PM.

#47 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

Well, I don't know if I'm going to give this map an exterior, at least not in the regular version. But if I do, no windows on the sides since it will be, how-you-say, "fudge-packed" between two other buildings.

But yeah, lights are also something to apply as one of the last things. But don't worry. There WILL be a few easter eggs and a 1337 hidden area with teleportation to locations on the map. Basically, since you guys are BoSS, I'll tell you a little about it.

There going to be a hallway with an invisible locked door. How you unlock it is the mystery...

So devshots tomorrow (and by tomorrow, I mean today in about 12-13 hours) that show the registration area, the finished (or near finished) admin-room, and some of the drink container textures.

EDIT: Oh yeah. The Titty-Bar Ticket machine/tickets? Those are a big 10-4.

Edited by Chris82, 25 July 2006 - 11:33 PM.

#48 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:50 AM

OOOO you should call the 1337 area Novahax or Nova's hax or something :1:

#49 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

Imo, wall of fame should include people who've been here a while, oldskool players.

#50 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:24 AM

Imo, wall of fame should include people who've been here a while, oldskool players.

I would agree, since that is what a wall of fame is. There are a few people missing who really should be on that wall.

#51 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:32 AM

Alright. I'll remove some of the new players (sorry guys) and put up some of the older people.

Frag, Shadow, and some others will go up there.

#52 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

While it means my name is pulled off the wall, I also agree. I have been here for like 3 weeks, a month max. There are plenty more people who deserve a spot on that wall besides me. Shadow, Frag, the Hatters, etc..., should be up there. And regardless of who's names are on that wall, the map is going to rock anyways! Make sure to keep us posted on your progress Chris.

#53 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

well yea i know i suck at css so some of the better classic members of boss should be up there......but cant you make it bigger :tup: jk, do what u have to do

#54 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:13 PM

As for what alcohol/pop... theres a thread about that somewhere.

I think it was started by Billy a few months ago and it has everyones favorite alcohol listed along with a poll so you can easily see. Ima look for it later if you don't have the time to.

http://forums.boss-g...?showtopic=4463

Edited by RogueAlly, 27 July 2006 - 11:35 AM.

#55 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:03 PM

Alright, only a couple of devshots tonight. An automated way to get tickets to Billy's Titty Bar...(and the signs at the top/bottom will be fixed soon)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:46 AM

f*cking awesome!

#57 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:24 AM

I still think you need to edit in a car like the one is de_dust by T spawn and have a sign that says, "Get in the van! I have candy!"

lol that would be some funny sh*t.

Also the second image is pretty funny.

#58 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:53 AM

nice work on the atm.

#59 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:35 AM

I still think you need to edit in a car like the one is de_dust by T spawn and have a sign that says, "Get in the van! I have candy!"

lol that would be some funny sh*t.

Also the second image is pretty funny.

You mean Gaara's family on vacation?

#60 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:39 PM

u still need my knife list?

Yes, please PM or post high-res versions of your knife list and french toast recipe. (Or just the regular images, but high-res versions will make them look better)

Um...I can't really work on it much in the next two days cause I'm going to a water resort for the weekend and I'll only have my slow laptop...but I can use that to make some textures...speaking of which...I have the basement in game. In the basement there is a tunnel. In the tunnel there is a white van. Next to the van there will be a sign on the wall. Can you guess what it will say?

Oh and I fixed the wall of fame. I added more deserving members to it. But then I realized that I really shouldn't be on it because I haven't been here that long. Also because I have a whole friggin area of the map dedicated to me. So...pics Monday.

Edited by Chris82, 28 July 2006 - 08:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users