• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

Awesome. IMO, the radar update really improves the usefulness of the thing. Possibly the thing I hated the most about the old one was seeing my allies' markers but not having any idea as to where in the building they were.

This changes that altogether. Being able to see the map along with traditional radar objects makes it SO much more useful, especially on maps like Office or Dust.

I know that a lot of people dislike this and that it's still buggy, but I really think the idea will improve gameplay in the end. THIS IS MY OPINION! It may not be yours, but it is mine. If you have a different opinion you can say so, but I will keep mine until I am convinced otherwise.

This is not a religous war.

P.S. Spetznaz FTW

Edited by Communist, 24 August 2006 - 10:53 PM.

#2 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

I.

want.

to.

stab.

you.

Someone other than me kindly explain why the new radar is FTL!

#3 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

I KNOW!

I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE HATE IT!

I KNOW IT'S STILL BUGGY!

BUT DO I HAVE TO FEEL THE SAME WAY?

I don't think I do. As I said, I personally like the new radar. Note the personally. It's not a group opinion, it's just mine.

I don't like the bugs, I like the idea. The IDEA of adding the map to the radar is, in my opinion, a good thing. It may not be yours, but it's mine.

You can have your opinions but I'd like to keep my own.

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:52 PM

ok here is the deal. the new radar helps retard ass newbs. I can look at the old radar and tell you where everyone is at and what they are doing.

this is only the begining of them making new gayer updates that destroy the game, i hope they listen to their customer base more before they pull this sh*t again

not trying to offend you but im pissed at valve right now

#5 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:05 PM

The old radar took skill to use. This one is huge and floods you with information about everything, it even shows where enemies are. GAY

But there is one thing even gayer about this update. CROUCHING! omfg I want to stab those n1ggers at Valve.

#6 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

wtf did they do to crouching?

#7 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:10 PM

I'm saying this now. If they don't remove this sh*t I'm giving up CS:S for good and getting 1.6.

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:14 PM

you know how u used to be looking really low when u crouch? well now it seems like ur not crouching at all ur cam is up so high... dirty basterds at vent

(who wants to break into valve HQ and hold someone hostage till they change everything back? :no:

I'm grab the shotty and duct tape.

#9 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:19 PM

:evil: yay ive started an online gameing terrorist group against valve updates! :1:

congradulations on being watch-listed by the government

#10 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:26 PM

hmm i didn't like the new radar. there is nothing new on it that i really need. to see enemy in the radar? I don't like the idea. I like the chance of missing an enemy in the view with haste. Either he notices me or not.

Edited by ghozy, 24 August 2006 - 11:26 PM.

#11 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:40 PM

You actually do crouch lower, it's like you're hunkering down to lay a f*cking egg or something.. I hate it.

#12 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:01 AM

The f*cking radar blows, there's flashes and awps in the office server today, crouching is all messed up, and i ran out of pot today . it's all valve's doing. They should send everyone a coupon for a free pizza or lapdance or something, it's the only way to make things right!

#13 ace of spades

ace of spades

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:18 AM

I think that a LOT of people are going to feal the same way as you Ez. I think valve just screwed them selves royaly. If they dont loose 1/3 of players due to this i will be amazed. The radar is great for me but i am an uber noob, it takes all the strategy out of the game. Maby just maby if they keep the little map but get rid of all the other info it might make it better, duno. As for the crouch its just teh gay-sauce. i dont want to feal like im takeing a sh*t in the woods when i couch, i want to feal like i am actualy ducking and taking cover. And as for the bugs valve realy need to remove head from ass and do a little beta testing. Thats my 2�. -Peace-

#14 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:10 AM

I'm saying this now. If they don't remove this sh*t I'm giving up CS:S for good and getting 1.6.

Well I was Going to buy Source but if its gunna stay buggy I guess I could buy the Anthology (comes with Condition zero, and 1.6 I think?)

#15 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:29 AM

I don't like the radar.

The reason being is that I never rally used the radar at all before they made it stupid. I had a good idea where the good players would be and used my ears to find players. I will never really look at this radar too much, thats just the way i play. I'd rather pay attention to who is shooting at me and retuen fire than watch some stupid map that shows where people are.

Office is a small map anyways and you can hear people shooting from half the map. Thats all I need to know where players are....

Even though I think it is gay and that Valve is retarded; I don't believe that it "ruined" the game or anything. As long as there is an option for servers to opt out of the new system. (pretty sure that the overall consensus for BoSS and other players is that it sucks.

Ill save my b*tching about Valve for the other post. :33:

#16 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:41 AM

The concept of the map was good, but it failed horribly when executed. I liked the idea of seeing an actual map on the radar, but having enemies show up too? WTF!? That completely blows away any tension or stealthiness to the game in one on one battles, and n00bifies the game ten-thousand fold. I loved the radar the way it used to be, and thought, okay, having an actual map on the radar might be cool, but they f*cked it up so badly! Old radar FTW! Valve and the update FTL!

#17 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:30 PM

They should send everyone a coupon for a free pizza or lapdance or something, it's the only way to make things right!

/signed

#18 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:34 PM

I thought they were going to keep the old size and transparency. The enemy thing would be good if it only blinked once on the radar or something. The old radar was good because if you heard shooting you could look at it and tell if it was an enemy or friend. Now you can look at the radar and know everything. And it is so f*cking big I can't NOT look at it.
Crouching is not lower, it is higher. Basically you just hunch your back a bit, which is f*cking gay. There is nowhere to hide or take cover behind.

#19 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:37 PM

hideradar
cl_radartype 2
cl_radaralpha 0

Stick that in your autoexec for no radar at all for a temp. fix...

#20 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

hideradar
cl_radartype 2
cl_radaralpha 0

Stick that in your autoexec for no radar at all for a temp. fix...

But then you have nothing while noobs galore will have it and be abusing it, leaving you on the sh*t end of the stick. So yeah that's not too good of an idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users