35 replies to this topic

#21 pusadolfo

pusadolfo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

But then you have nothing while noobs galore will have it and be abusing it, leaving you on the sh*t end of the stick. So yeah that's not too good of an idea.

Agreed +1

#22 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:59 AM

penislickers..

like it or not, deal withit.

#23 fadetoblack

fadetoblack

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:12 AM

As far as the radar goes, i never used it before and I pretty much didnt notice it in my view. Now i have to look at a bunch of red pacmen looking spots on my screen. Not to mention that the radar can show enemies, thats just stupid. Either way I will have to adapt and get over the distraction. The couching i dont have a problem with. Having a slightly higher view point is no big deal. Just my opinion..

#24 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:56 AM

My only complaint is now when you are trying to have a knife fight the entire opposing team is going to know where you are and com running to f*cking shoot you in the back while you are trying to have a knife fight with someone.

Other then that I just don't like it but that is me. I don't like change. :malace:

#25 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:17 AM

I KNOW!

I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE HATE IT!

I KNOW IT'S STILL BUGGY!

BUT DO I HAVE TO FEEL THE SAME WAY?

I don't think I do. As I said, I personally like the new radar. Note the personally. It's not a group opinion, it's just mine.

I don't like the bugs, I like the idea. The IDEA of adding the map to the radar is, in my opinion, a good thing. It may not be yours, but it's mine.

You can have your opinions but I'd like to keep my own.

yeah it is kinda like a hack but hell it is ok just sucks it killed the mini admin pluggin

#26 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:41 AM

I don't like it too much either.
Not so much the radar (makes no difference to me) but how it raped the crouching and mani admin.

I will join the terrorist group. I want some duct tape and a machete.

#27 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:17 PM

New radar? when. I haven7 no7iced.

#28 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:20 PM

^^ Buy a new keyboard for f*cks sake they are like $10. :20:

#29 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

^^ Buy a new keyboard for f*cks sake they are like $10. :20:

I need a usb ke`/board, i jus7 spen7 m`/ cash on RAM.

Edited by XxInColdBloodxX, 26 August 2006 - 01:52 PM.

#30 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:12 PM

I dont mind the radar. It's the fact that every cmd in the f*ckin game no longer works...

#31 Carns

Carns

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:46 AM

If I remember correctly, there has been a petition to 'fix' the crouching since the release of Source. So, Valve really are listening to their fanbase, it's just.... they're like a retarded turtle; much too slow. Aside from that, I sort of enjoy the ability to see an enemy for a short period of time because it's allows me to keep an eye on my surroundings if I'm too busy firing away at a mob in front of me to listen carefully. I prefer the old one, but this newer one does the job. I just wish Valve would fix the teammate icon when they're higher/lower than you are because I don't understand what they have done to it. On the old radar, it was a "T" or an upside-down "T", pending on whether they were higher or lower than your current position, but this new one has a smaller dot and a large dot. To me, that doesn't mean a thing.

#32 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

If I remember correctly, there has been a petition to 'fix' the crouching since the release of Source. So, Valve really are listening to their fanbase, it's just.... they're like a retarded turtle; much too slow. Aside from that, I sort of enjoy the ability to see an enemy for a short period of time because it's allows me to keep an eye on my surroundings if I'm too busy firing away at a mob in front of me to listen carefully. I prefer the old one, but this newer one does the job. I just wish Valve would fix the teammate icon when they're higher/lower than you are because I don't understand what they have done to it. On the old radar, it was a "T" or an upside-down "T", pending on whether they were higher or lower than your current position, but this new one has a smaller dot and a large dot. To me, that doesn't mean a thing.

hate to bust your bouble but i own a pet turtle and she is not that dumb and hell if i let her on the floor for a min she would run pretty fast so not all turtles ar slow

#33 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:07 AM

hate to bust your bouble but i own a pet turtle and she is not that dumb and hell if i let her on the floor for a min she would run pretty fast so not all turtles ar slow

Chill out stoned, he said a retarded turtle, not your standard lovable pet turtle.

#34 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

That radar has actually saved me from getting knifed several times in the GG server. Maybe it isn't all bad :perk: Just took a long time to get used to its enormousness.

#35 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:42 PM

lol no hating here was only messing with him

#36 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

That radar has actually saved me from getting knifed several times in the GG server. Maybe it isn't all bad :perk: Just took a long time to get used to its enormousness.

I'm starting to feel the same way, but I won't ever come to accept the changes coming up in Valve's next brilliant patch. :kill:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users