23 replies to this topic

#21 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:46 PM

Could also be a memory issue, take it out and put it back in. Also your mobo might not be grounded to the case properly or there may be a short in the grounding. :dork:

#22 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

The worse part is.. these are all good suggestions.. but I hate to turn my computer off and try it.. haha.. maybe i'll try it overnight tonight.. As I said before.. this worked fine for months.. its a recent developement and nothing in the computer was moved or changed.. I would suspect the ground is still hooked up if it was before.. I will try the old memory stick swap though.

I hate it because its not like its bothering me right now.. I mean the computer works.. I can do what I need to do once its on.. stupid mobo fan is loud though.. bleh.. another one bites the dust..

#23 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

If anyone cares.. heh..

I ended up getting a new PSU and a new motherboard. I got a fanless ATI Xpress 200 chipset motherboard and another thermaltake 430w psu. I can't even tell if the computer is on now when I go into the den.. I keep thinking it shut off.

I got the ATI chipset because they are fanless and I want to transfer this to my HTPC when I get a new setup. So far I haven't really noticed it being much/if any slower than my previous NForce 4 chipset motherboard. I do know its a WHOLE lot quieter.. :1:

The motherboard is an ECS RX480-A motherboard if it matters.

#24 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

Nice. I used to be very much against ECS Mb's as they seemed to blow c. aps at lower than usual tempsBut the last year or so they seem to have really improved. Good luck wit yer new setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users