Photo

State of Servers

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: State of Servers (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose Wisely

1. Wait a bit and get a Dedicated Box (21 votes [52.50%])

Percentage of vote: 52.50%

2. I want servers up NOW (4 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Get servers up soon then get a Dedicated Box later (15 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:58 PM

Saving up for a dedicated box seems like a good idea, and as others have said, less change is better. We all know what happened last time the IP's changed.

#22 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:36 PM

how much is a dedicated connection? and what is required?

#23 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

Make your decision and I'll kick in where I can (pretty broke but i can put up something)

#24 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:21 PM

how much is a dedicated connection? and what is required?

The dedicated boxes that we are looking at are 200-300 a month. We should be able to run 2 good 32 slot CSS servers and easily have enough juice to run another ?????? server.

In a perfect world we have the manpower to pay for that with admin dues easily. The only problem with that is that we don't want to be in the position as to fall behind no matter what happens...........

Seeing how we are kinda starting from scratch as far as finding a host and funding goes, I'd like to get ahead of the game a little as to have a buffer zone if something happens........

#25 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:43 AM

Hmm, well about money. . . I'll see what I can do. . . If I don't work out something with my finances soon, then I may be looking for a 3rd part time job to fill those hours 6pm-10pm. I refuse to ask my parents for help, as they are already paying for college. :>.<:

Maybe I can give up m tips from the carwash for a week and put it towards the server. Though, that's usually my money for gas and lunch for the week. But I guess I can go a week on 1 meal a day. :tup:

But definately go for the dedicated box.

#26 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:14 AM

I haven't bothered to check, but to donate for the new server can we still click the donate button or do we need to manually do a paypal transfer to you?

#27 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:42 AM

I haven't bothered to check, but to donate for the new server can we still click the donate button or do we need to manually do a paypal transfer to you?

Click Donation Button. :tup:

#28 vet.mad hatter

vet.mad hatter

the real hatter

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

I think that there's more than enogh people for a dedicated box.And how is it setup now like say there 400. in donations sever cost 250 where's the rest go??And does shlonky see who paid what and where is it going when you click donate??

#29 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:22 AM

I think that there's more than enogh people for a dedicated box.And how is it setup now like say there 400. in donations sever cost 250 where's the rest go??And does shlonky see who paid what and where is it going when you click donate??

Yes and no. I see the email address that your paypal is setup through. However this doesn't really tell me whats going on unless I can obviously tell who is who. I plan on makin a spreadsheet with everyones info so I know whats goin on in the near future. Madhatter = [email protected] type sh*t. :1:

Right now there is no "the rest." Seeing on how the server is say 300/mo with $50 setup fee and I'd like to have say $50 extra in the pot on a recurring basis. (not extra $50 a month, just $50 or so extra in case sh*t happens)

Once the ball gets rollin if there is a surplus of funds, we'll either agree on what to do with them or lower dues. I do not want to put this community in a position that we get kickass servers goin then lose a few admin and end up getting screwed and have to change sh*t around.

I know how to manage funds and am NOT BY ANY CIRCUMSTANCES out to profit out of this. If anything I'll most likely end up fronting $100 or more to get us running.

#30 vet.mad hatter

vet.mad hatter

the real hatter

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:34 AM

Thank you my shorkpeckered friend!!There is enough people to help my email is [email protected] and i'll donate again when we know whats what or you say so.. wish i had extra cause i would donate more.And i know that this allot of bs to deal with so thanks!!And i hope it works!!

BoSS is the best thanks to the people in here and shawdow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:09 AM

Like I said before I planned on donating before this happened and wished to get my admin back and this situation certainly does not change that. I will be donating by the end of the week mate.

As for the voting, I voted for the last one. If there is enough donations up front then certainly go for the dedicated box but there are some very good hosts out there that aren't a royal pain in the ass to deal with so temporary servers really isnt that bad of an option.

#32 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

My donation is in, I think you'll be happy with it.

[email protected] is my paypal email.

#33 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

My donation is in, I think you'll be happy with it.

[email protected] is my paypal email.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

That helps a lot. Everyone thank RogueAlly for his generous donation.

Methinks next monday at the latest........

#34 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

I think we should get a dedicated server cuze it's like 10 times better :tup:

#35 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:46 PM

i'll be straigtup, it sux not having servers, the main reason i joined... lets hope to find something soon...

#36 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

Definitely get a box. My paypal is being retarded, but I will hope to have it up and running soon.
I'll pitch in ASAP!
:tup:

#37 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

yea paypal is a retarded b*tch sometimes....when i get it working ill see what i can do.....had to buy some ebay thing by phone....

#38 Lost Hatter

Lost Hatter

Drug Addict

• Banned
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

I think we should just wait a bit for the dedicated servers. if we just throw up a sever and play it 4 a while people are gonna get all pissy cause we shut em down n sh*t due to the fact of getting new dedicated servers...i smell drama and chaos with the 3rd choice.

Everyone just wait 4 the dedicated server then we can all be happy chillin n killin if we just be paitent......

:>)

Lost Hatter �2005

#39 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

We have made up our mind and are going to go DEDICATED. That and hopefully Early next week.

We are even fairly sure on what host we are going to use.

Dual Opterons and VERY low latency seem like a good idea to me. :tup:

I am hoping that we get a for real answer like "Servers will be up XXXDay" or some sh*t pretty soon.

#40 tjhooker

tjhooker

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

hmm they seem cheap http://www.defconser...m/dedicated.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users