• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Black Hat

Black Hat

Antisocial Faggot.

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:39 PM

Meh, I actually had this working until my dad's laptop crashed and now I can't get it working again so I need some advice from you tech gods around here. I need to reformat my entire drive, from beginning to end, but first I must backup 17GB of music and an entire anime series to his laptop. I don't have a secondary drive, and I don't have a CD-R/W drive either which basically means I need to transfer this stuff wirelessly to his computer.

Now like I did before (with the wonderful help ServerNazi provided me), I tried setting up a normal network.

I opened My Network Places and clicked "Setup a Home or Small Office Network" and did that on both computers. The workgroup names were the same "MSHOME" on both. Then I verifyed the share folder on both computers was being sharred, and then restarted. They never appeared.

So what Im looking to do is make it so I can get 17GB of content onto his computer as quickly, and as easily as possible. Please guide me through this with your wisdom. Thank you. :tup:

#2 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:55 PM

that way is sometimes not quickly but try firewire godly little piece of cable. If not that burn dvds haha. here man
http://www.microsoft...eresources.mspx
read that it will give you an overview of what Nazi was explaining, maybe not as basic but it works

#3 Black Hat

Black Hat

Antisocial Faggot.

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:07 PM

Haha we figured it out. The entire time it was the Windows Firewall, the P.O.S. Now, I just finished formatting my computer (what an expierience, lemme tell you... -note sarcasim). So now I must do updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users