20 replies to this topic

#1 Glacius

Glacius

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:44 AM

i have to admit i really like this game. This is the first final fantasy i have played since VII that i actually like the battle system. When i heard it was going to be similar to the grid system in X i almost didnt buy it. But i have to say its remarkably user friendly and i already have 17 hours into. Level 25 with 60,000 gil ftw! haha this game is addicting, and it couldnt have come at a worse time....right before i graduate :33:

lol but who gives a fook im gonna keep playing cause thats how i roll :tup:

have any of you all played this yet?

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:47 AM

Meh, the FF series died with X for me. So, untill it goes to $20, then I'm not going near it. They are starting to become to EAish with the FF series. Hell FF XIII was announced 8 months before XII came out. How retarded is that?

#3 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:18 PM

i just rode my bike for an hour and a half trying to find a store that sold the CE. So i got it today and i like. I got like 2 hours into it....untill now i think Vaan is way better that tidus.

#4 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:33 PM

Meh, the FF series died with X for me. So, untill it goes to $20, then I'm not going near it. They are starting to become to EAish with the FF series. Hell FF XIII was announced 8 months before XII came out. How retarded is that?

And what's even more retarded is that FFXIII is almost DONE.

When I first heard about FFXII and played the demo on Dragon Quest VIII, I wasn't too impressed, but now I am so psyched about this game. I can't get it yet, though, because my parents limit my spending starting in November so they can get a decent Christmas list from me. I mean, it's cool that its not my money I'm wasting, but it's a pain in the ass waiting. I am getting Gears of War tomorrow, though, dammit! I'll make my own thread and tell you all how it is on Thursday, probably.

#5 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:46 AM

wtf?!?!? dont you have a job??? buy it yourself from your own store.

#6 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, I've got a job at a Gamestop, but 1, I can't buy anything while I'm working, and 2, like I said, my parents limit my spending. That pretty much means I can buy anything but games, starting in November, lol.

#7 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:50 PM

they dont have to know you bought it. my parents dont know half the sh*t i buy. i get on my bike and go.

#8 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

Huge thread necromancy here, I know. But is it not better than posting an all new topic about the same damn thing? Really though.
So, anyway...

I just got the game the other day and I've been playing the sh*t out of. Not sure exactly where in the game I am in terms of beating it, but I've progressed pretty far I'd think given how much I've played. I love the new combat system, and the license system is nice once you get used to it. It seemed a touch overwhelming at first, but pretty quickly it became as natural as heading to the shop to buy new weapons (which, in a sense, is all it really is).

My major complaint thus far is that the story is NOT sucking me in, at all. The characters all seem really shallow, as does the plot really. Well, by Final Fantasy standards anyway. The thing about the FF series that has always been a huge draw for me is the in depth story and the very well made characters. FFVI and FFVII are two of my favorite games ever, and the story plays a huge role in that.

The graphics and battles are wicked cool in XII I think, but I can't help but feel like in terms of story I'm watching some cliche Hollywood war movie. Though I do plan on beating it, I must ask if the still unfolding story ever gets any better towards the end?

Edited by Xiertic, 18 June 2007 - 05:58 PM.

#9 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

I picked it up Saturday as well, and I have to say it's about what I expected (Note: I had somewhat low expectations for FFXII.).

- The voice acting is shallow and horribly done. Everyone sounds somewhat monotoned so far.

- Combat system is decent, so no griefs there. Along with the license system.

- Story so far sucks, one of the worse FF stories I'd have to say.

- WHY THE FUCK MUST THE MAIN CHARACTER BE A FUCKING 15 YEAR OLD EVERY GOD DAMN TIME! Seriously Square Enix needs to cut this shit out. It was bad enough in FFX, and it should have ended there. I don't want to play as some little punk, emo, effeminate kid.

Pretty much all the gripes I have with the game right now. But I'll probably still chug through it. As those few things (Other then the story.) wont stop me from playing.

#10 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

lol yeah no sh*t, Vaan is like 17. They even play on it a time or two, showing his immaturity and general greenness while some of the old characters are looking at each other like "dumb ass". It's getting old.

#11 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

sh*t im like 30 hours into the game and never got to finish....its a long f*cking game.

#12 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:43 PM

yea i played like 15 hours... then i realised that i mess up that whole grid thing... yea lol i was f*ckin around cuz i was confused and only had one of those techniques (i forgot what its called havent played in a while) when i should have had like 5 at that point

i mite start it over again... but yea ffx was alrite... the game was way too fukin ez to beat (my friends played it and they're playing ffX-2 now (which sucked) lol and they're complaining about the active battle system)

active is the way its meant to be played not stupid pause... makes it so ez to beat

nothing best ffVII

#13 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

nothing best ffVII

Chrono Trigger and FFVI come pretty damned close to being even with it though, I'd say.

The license system, ehh.. I kinda like it to be honest. Characters basically start out as a blank canvas that you can mold any way you'd like. I'm finding though it works best to specialize characters and build them up in just a couple areas.

I made Vaan a paladin for instance, giving him heavy armors/2h weapons and all the white magic levels I can. It's working great, you just can't kill the f*cker. The princess girl, Ashe.. I think I'm gonna go sword/shield and green magic with her for support and the like. Not sure where I'm gonna go with #3, or who it's even gonna be for that matter.. It'll be some melee/magic guy, pure magic classes for the lose.

Moral of the story you can really shape up your party and specialize 'em any way you want, and that's hot. Hell I might play through it a second time just for fun and try out some jacked up combinations just to see how it works out.

Edited by Xiertic, 19 June 2007 - 05:02 PM.

#14 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

sure it's a necro but as I said before, it's on the first page of this forum section so fair game.

FFVII and FFVI I'd say are equal for me :P FFVI had the first winged angel boss and the ONLY game where you know the main villain from the start to finish and the ONLY FF where the villain successfully accomplishes something with their goal, lol. No other villain has yet destroyed their world like he (Kuja in FFIX destroyed one world but not the main one so :P). I'd say FFX came very close to these two games too cause it had good characters, it did the love story right (unlike that.. FF8), it had a fun new system to replace exp, the graphics were beautiful, the battles were fun, the world was well developed, the character and plot developments were great, over all just a great game whose ONE downside really was the world map being removed so it was a far more linear FF. Tidus was annoying at first but improved, character development ftw.

FFXII had fun gameplay but its story sucked, Vaan and Panelo sucked (and were pointless) and I dunno.. just didn't feel so good. The initial release of the game the License board was completely stupid and just felt half assed. However from the newer copy (which is JP only I think) it sounds better.. a New Game+ and the License Board is fixed so it's more interesting to level up and not just feel like all characters are the same.

That's my opinion on FFXII (well vaguely) and the FFVII topic that sprang from it :P I could discuss the others but meh

#15 .:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

.:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

im a n00b in those kinds of game but sounds pretty cool, what platforms does it go on?

#16 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

FF1 -> 6 = NES and SNES (with FF1 and 2 being remade for PSP, GBA, and various other things. FF3 and 4 being remade for DS, FF5 and 6 also on PS as a port)

FFVII -> FFIX = PS (FFVII and VIII on PC too but the console version is better)

FFX -> FFXII = PS2

FFXIII and Versus = PS3

FFT = PS and PSP

FFTA = GBA

FFTA2 = DS

(wasn't sure what one you were talking about so I listed them all XD)

#17 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

im a n00b in those kinds of game but sounds pretty cool, what platforms does it go on?

I think this deserves a nice round FAIL.

#18 .:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

.:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

so none of em are for PC huh?

#19 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:56 PM

They released at least FF7 for PC I know, but good luck finding it anymore. I have it on my comp.

#20 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

It's pretty easy to "find" :evil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users