24 replies to this topic

#1 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:17 PM

...so i saw this video on youtube(but its working with wow) and though it would be a great idea for counter strike....i know some of you have a wii so how about you give it a go, if it works and its good, im going to seriously consider getting the wii.

LINK

If you are going to do a wow is gay comment go die.

#2 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:43 PM

Wii sucks.
WoW sucks.
Mac sucks.
Playing a game with a remote sucks.

End of story.

Sorry dude but I just don't see people (esp. me) waving around a f*cking remote to play games, much less FPSs.

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:44 PM

Wow, that is incredibly stupid. That would only make the game even more of a chore to play. Why would I want to have to wave around a Wiimote to select shit and use abilities, when I can just use a mouse and press a hot key. Far more effective with a mouse and keyboard, as with that you have to select then move down to the hotbar and select the spell. When with a mouse you can just select something and hit a spell hotkey instantly.

For a casual game I could see that being interesting. But for a game that people take so seriously, like WoW and CS:S, I can see only drama and annoyance coming from it.

#4 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:48 PM

The sensitivity would be really high (not good for counter-strike) and I wouldn't want to wave that thing around. Plus no right click no point.

#5 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

Wow, that is incredibly stupid. That would only make the game even more of a chore to play. Why would I want to have to wave around a Wiimote to select sh*t and use abilities, when I can just use a mouse and press a hot key. Far more effective with a mouse and keyboard, as with that you have to select then move down to the hotbar and select the spell. When with a mouse you can just select something and hit a spell hotkey instantly.

For a casual game I could see that being interesting. But for a game that people take so seriously, like WoW and CS:S, I can see only drama and annoyance coming from it.

i agree, but i was thinking about counter strike, and�most�of�all�wanted�to�see�what�somebody�with�a�wii�would�think�of�it.

Wii sucks.
WoW sucks.
Mac sucks.
End of story.
Sorry dude but I just don't see people (esp. me) waving around a f*cking remote to play games, much less FPSs.

ok, good point, then this thread doesnt aply at all to you and i dont see why you even posted here. Thats why i did that last comment, so no 'side commentary' would take over, i just wanted to see if anyone with a wii would try it out.

#6 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:52 PM

totally awesome. I can't wait to get my wii and set it up on my pc. it'll make flight sims much more fun

weee for wii

rulez!

#7 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

They said HL2 was next to impossible with the wiimote in the article I read. You don't need a whole wii, btw, you just need a bluetooth adapter, the wiimote and IR-LEDs or even candles. Having played a wii, I would never want that thing on my computer for actually gaming. could be kind of fun to try, but nothing serious.
Also:
flight sims are the most fun with full-cockpit simulators. :D

#8 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:57 PM

thanx, you got a link to the article?

#9 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:00 PM

Posted Image

make sure you get the new strap wit it tho

#10 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:07 PM

....i cant see that image...

#11 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:20 PM

If you have a wii, try it with http://carl.kenner.g...ovepie_download

http://doctabu.livej....com/64758.html
^ How to build your own IR sensor bar (basiclly 2 remote controls with buttons held down..)

http://www.vkapadia....wii/windows.php
^ Scripts for using glovepie with the wiimote. The IR bar one is going to be the best. Without the bar you have to use something based entirely off of tilting (read: CRAP)

I can't find the article talking about HL2 with it again.. Guess you'll have to try it yourself! :D

#12 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:23 PM

ok thanks for the help

#13 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

I just want to play Duck Hunt while shitfaced with one of those things.

A lot safer than with a 12 gauge and I don't even have to wake up real early. :weee:

#14 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

I just want to play Duck Hunt while shitfaced with one of those things.

A lot safer than with a 12 gauge and I don't even have to wake up real early. :weee:

Yeah, but that damned dog.... That damned dog..... :hate:

#15 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

Chris, you need to stop flaming posts.
Try saying...
"Bad Idea IMO"

Sometimes it works. >:-|

EDIT: I played a wii...It kicks ass. It is hard to compare with a PC...You have to like both for different reasons instead of comparing them to each other. It is just a different experience overall.

Edited by SgtBUTTERYMUFFIN, 21 December 2006 - 05:35 PM.

#16 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

Chris, you need to stop flaming posts.
Try saying...
"Bad Idea IMO"

It's not a flaming post. Did I say Mandraque or anyone else was <insert insult>? No, so kindly stop harassing me. I gave my opinion on everything in this topic.

Yes, WoW is gay, but as Zeke said it would be gayer with a Wiimote as it would make the game harder to play meaning you'd play it longer and neglect the people you know even more. Any PC or console game would probably be gayed by the remote. Take, for example, GTA. How the hell would you drive a car with a remote?

Don't let this get into a flame war buttery.

EDIT: BTW I think Capt.John and Kidcapri are the only two here with Wiis so ask them if they get to this topic.

Edited by Chris82, 21 December 2006 - 07:05 PM.

#17 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:12 PM

Wii sucks.
WoW sucks.
Mac sucks.

End of story.

If you disagree with someone, at least explain why. Your opinion isnt worth a shit to anyone otherwise.

However, if you try and explain your opinion there is a chance that someone will read it and post something usefull.

People are giving you a hard time cuz all you posted was "xxx Sucks" ...........

#18 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:16 PM

exactly what shlonky said. besides, we all love ya kid(no homo) so dont feel harassed. But you did disrespect the topic. forget about it. dont get emo and sh*t.

EDIT: BTW I think Capt.John and Kidcapri are the only two here with Wiis so ask them if they get to this topic.

exactly what i meant to do.

#19 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

"xxx Sucks" ...........

How DARE you!

Also, I may b*tch at my friend who has a Wii to let me play with some of this sh*t later.. :D

#20 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

I should try an explain my opinion, eh?

Ok, how's this:

Posted Image

That covers the Wii and remote thing.

So:
Macs suck for OBVIOUS reasons but I'll admit that this has little to do with the topic so let's ignore that.
WoW sucks because it causes you to neglect your friends and is a pointless money waster.

And thanks Mandraque for the respect. I'm sorry I disrespected your topic. The Wii would be fun for some casual sports games and etc...but I still doubt it for PC and regular console games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users