black pbc ftw

#42 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:52 PM

only fools ( i won't bother to name them) fall for these LIMITED "life time" warranties. Last "life time" warranty card i sent for RMA, (I'll give you a hint, 3 letters first one is a B) was sent back unrepaired claiming "heat from external source" had damaged it, when in fact the bearings in GPU fan had gone. Oh and there's the old, we fixed it, gave you your old card back, with the same issue it had when you sent it in for RMA. But we fixed it. mmmmhmmmmmm. I'm not even gonna get into the driver issues.

drizzle has some decent advice there. That xfx 7900gs may be a good option. we set up a lan gaming joint with 21 of them and they are really happy with them.

Edited by poopsmcgee, 28 December 2006 - 12:05 AM.

#43 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:08 AM

Canadian stores would be the best bet because it would save you the insane shipping and customs fees. Try vibecomputers.com or ncix.com.

#44 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:45 AM

only fools ( i won't bother to name them) fall for these LIMITED "life time" warranties

- What makes it more limited than ASUS's warranty?

Your personal experience doesn't reflect the company's image. I've said it once, I'll say it again, show some proof.

I've provided links to backup my claims, where are yours? I see no reason to waste time arguing, I'll let my proof do the talking.

Edited by Iceman, 28 December 2006 - 01:48 AM.

#45 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:47 AM

ha medel i need to write more better. I am saying don't buy either of them. And you are right. The issue I find with the OC cards is mostly heat related. The issue I have with turbocache is it just plain blows, and was a dumbf*ck idea in the firstplace. Your system mem is not made to do that kinda sh*t and turbocache should be renamed BSODcache

There's something I can't argue with. :D

That aside, the primary reason to get an ATI card over nVidia ATM is to fold on it, and since none of you bastages do that... :D

Honestly, I think any of these cards (x1650's, x1800's, 7900's) will do perfectly fine for source and will probably come close to if not max out your monitor (60-80fps)... Newer games, it's hard to say. I still <3 nVidia, so I'd go wiht the 7900's unless you were getting something like a 1900xtx or 1950xtx.. (and since you don't fold I would probably still go for a higher-end nvidia)..

#46 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:49 AM

- What makes it more limited than ASUS's warranty?

Your personal experience doesn't reflect the company's image. I've said it once, I'll say it again, show some proof.

I've provided links to backup my claims, where are yours? I see no reason to waste time arguing, I'll let my proof do the talking.

So your saying that people we don't know talking about a company are more proof than someone we've talked to a lot around here saying the opposite? I'm confused by your argument. All I see is a bunch of video card roundups from anandtech...

#47 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:55 AM

I'm saying that don't go off of what 1 person/company has to say. If one company has 100 hard drives fail, all of the same brand, that doesn't mean when I go buy that specific hard drive, it will also fail. The reviews are to show that BFG cards are not crap.

Don't think BFG is good based on my personal experience, or on anyones. You need to look at reviews, benchmarks, etc... Most of these companies only upgrade the fan and mess with the core/clock speeds. No real hardware changes are made...

Anyone who questions BFG and their cards, please, go to gaming and video card forums. Tell them you heard a company say they had to RMA over 100 BFG video cards, and now they have switched to ASUS- ask what they think about it.

Edited by Iceman, 28 December 2006 - 04:03 AM.

#48 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:01 AM

The problem with those reviews is that we aren't arguing that BFG cards don't perform well, but that they fail after a year.
As for most companies upgrading the fan etc. The companies pick their own memory chips/manufacturers, sometimes re-work the PCB layout, choose what brand/tolerances of caps etc. they want. They actually do a decent amount of changes after the initial run (which is usually just the reference design with a new sticker)

#49 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:17 AM

As for most companies upgrading the fan etc. The companies pick their own memory chips/manufacturers, sometimes re-work the PCB layout, choose what brand/tolerances of caps etc. they want. They actually do a decent amount of changes after the initial run (which is usually just the reference design with a new sticker)

- I looked up a couple BFG cards and didn't see anything showing that more was done than just a simple fan/heatsink/logo/OC. I never knew BFG did more to the actual hardware.

Even if they do make additional mods, my point still remains (to not just take your or my advice).

If the card was an ASUS and it failed another year after, your client wouldn't even be able to get it replaced.

Edited by Iceman, 28 December 2006 - 04:19 AM.

#50 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:14 AM

iceman...you sure like to argue don't you?

#51 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:18 AM

Shhh, Shiney grapgics at woerk

#52 Hoon

Hoon

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:25 AM

me wants 7900gs by fxf..... lol... any donations? :1:

$253.99-$30.00=$223.99 + tax? = poor hoon with no money... lol

Edited by Hoon, 28 December 2006 - 09:26 AM.

#53 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:33 AM

me wants 7900gs by fxf..... lol... any donations? :1:

$253.99-$30.00=$223.99 + tax? = poor hoon with no money... lol

hey that's a good price. (my cost on that card is 219)

why haven't you got it yet?

#54 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:07 AM

If the card was an ASUS and it failed another year after, your client wouldn't even be able to get it replaced.

this is the last time i am responding to this annoying arguebot EVER. my point, is that the ASUS cards I sell DON'T COME BACK for repair. So it DOESN'T MATTER what their warranty is, because I never have to use it. Back to th original point. I have sent 23 cards out of the 164 sold back to BFG for RMA. Of those, about half got a new card. Some were sent back unrepaired and others claimed fixed but not.

f*ck you for making me look up how many actually came back.

#55 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:05 AM

this is the last time i am responding to this annoying arguebot EVER. my point, is that the ASUS cards I sell DON'T COME BACK for repair. So it DOESN'T MATTER what their warranty is, because I never have to use it. Back to th original point. I have sent 23 cards out of the 164 sold back to BFG for RMA. Of those, about half got a new card. Some were sent back unrepaired and others claimed fixed but not.

f*ck you for making me look up how many actually came back.

Wow, you actually looked it up, I thought I was expending too much effort on iceman by clicking the links to see what they actually were. :D

#56 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:42 AM

Wow, you actually looked it up, I thought I was expending too much effort on iceman by clicking the links to see what they actually were. :D

oh i didn't bother doing that

#57 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:06 PM

All I did poop was ask you questions, hoping you could prove why ASUS cards are better. You claimed BFG's warranty was too limited, so I pointed out how the ASUS one was even MORE limited. You claim BFG cards die after a year, yet when I ask for any references you can't provide anything.

If anyone here still believes that BFG cards are crap, please, go post on other forums that are video card and gaming related. You'll see that the response you get is much similar to what I have said here.

Edited by Iceman, 28 December 2006 - 05:07 PM.

#58 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:18 PM

omfg you just dont give up do you iceman? which would you prefer ASUS or BFG? same price and same performance, which one would you choose?

#59 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:39 PM

which would you prefer ASUS or BFG? same price and same performance, which one would you choose?

- If the card has the same price/performance, would you want something with a lifetime warranty and 24/7 toll free tech support? ASUS cards have 2 (sometimes 3) year warranties, no 24/7 tech support, and it isn't even toll free.

But if poop is right (that BFG cards usually die after a year), then BFG would be a horrible choice. However, I am yet to see that this problem has affected more than just poop. I've asked for references about it, yet he is unable to provide any.

Video card and gaming forums would have a lot of information about BFG making crap cards, if what poop said is true. I'm not saying that poop didn't get X amount of bad cards, I am saying that don't let one person's experiences change your mind- you need to look at the bigger picture.

If I go buy 100 video cards, and all but 10 die, that doesn't mean that when you buy it, it will be a bad card.

http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a

First link takes you to a post where computer builders, (with quite a few posts), all sit down and talk about the BFG cards being great.

Edited by Iceman, 28 December 2006 - 05:42 PM.

#60 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:41 PM

Asus are usually very good with that shit, if you RMA they usually return it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users