31 replies to this topic

#21 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

i learned how to do a naked lady chokhold from rogan! the man is a saint.

#22 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:19 AM

To put this simply, in this day and age, where everything has been done. It it possible to have two people think of the same thing without seeing each other's material first.

Specially when the dude said he stole the Cali wall joke. He just disproved his whole argument with "I can't make a joke referring to the news?" Well if you got that joke from the news, then is it not possible that Carlos saw the same story, or hell even another story on the same subject and thought up the same joke. Hell, I bet 60% of the residents of California thought of the same thing when they heard of the proposal. "Who the fuck is going to build the wall?"

End in point, in this day an age, EVERYTHING CAN BE REFERENCED TO SOMETHING ELSE AND BE SAID TO BE STOLEN! Aliens movies and predator movies. Referenced to Starcraft. Aliens are Zerg, Humans are Terran, Predators are Protoss. Movies sharing the same common story line. How many movies/games have near identical story lines, save for a few name changes?

Joe doesn't understand that. I'm sure he's watched other comedians in his life, and undoubtably said, "Hey, that's a good way to present a joke." Or, "Damn, that's a good joke." And taken it and used it himself. He may put a few spins on it, but essentially it's the same joke.

Joe just needs to remove the giant pole from his ass, cause I'm sick of hearing people bitch that they stole their material in a time when everything has been done.

#23 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:37 AM

To put this simply, in this day and age, where everything has been done. It it possible to have two people think of the same thing without seeing each other's material first.

Specially when the dude said he stole the Cali wall joke. He just disproved his whole argument with "I can't make a joke referring to the news?" Well if you got that joke from the news, then is it not possible that Carlos saw the same story, or hell even another story on the same subject and thought up the same joke. Hell, I bet 60% of the residents of California thought of the same thing when they heard of the proposal. "Who the f*ck is going to build the wall?"

End in point, in this day an age, EVERYTHING CAN BE REFERENCED TO SOMETHING ELSE AND BE SAID TO BE STOLEN! Aliens movies and predator movies. Referenced to Starcraft. Aliens are Zerg, Humans are Terran, Predators are Protoss. Movies sharing the same common story line. How many movies/games have near identical story lines, save for a few name changes?

Joe doesn't understand that. I'm sure he's watched other comedians in his life, and undoubtably said, "Hey, that's a good way to present a joke." Or, "Damn, that's a good joke." And taken it and used it himself. He may put a few spins on it, but essentially it's the same joke.

Joe just needs to remove the giant pole from his ass, cause I'm sick of hearing people b*tch that they stole their material in a time when everything has been done.

i think your the one who needs the pole extraction buddy.

Edited by wyte mafia, 21 February 2007 - 11:38 AM.

#24 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

i think your the one who needs the pole extraction buddy.

lol true, when i first saw him i thought he was funny until :20: i realized what a hack he is, though i still giggle at some of his joke :19:

#25 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

Eh, he did have some funny stuff on his show, and I still like the Dee-dee-dee joke.

But I think that the eBaum's analogy is a good one here. That site has tons of funny sh*t on it but a lot is stolen from SA, 4chan, youtube, other sites, etc...

#26 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

Blizzard took that phenomenon to a whole new level with StarCraft though... It's entirely based on the Alien and Predator movies. Hell, they even took quotes from Aliens (Alien 2) and put them directly in the game. It doesn't make the game bad, indeed it kicks ass. So it's a good analogy.

Joe just needs to remove the giant pole from his ass, cause I'm sick of hearing people bitch that they stole their material in a time when everything has been done.

+1

#27 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

Whatever.. for you kids who say that sh*t can be referenced and whatnot.. there's a difference between referencing and stealing. It's obvious, and I've noticed it before even seeing this, that Mencia has stolen sh*t before. Comedian guru's know which comedians are good because they dont take other peoples sh*t, fair and square. To say he did it without knowing is IMO a filthy, dirty (mexican) lie. And that is the fault. Don't be fooled

#28 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:17 PM

Whatever.. for you kids who say that sh*t can be referenced and whatnot.. there's a difference between referencing and stealing. It's obvious, and I've noticed it before even seeing this, that Mencia has stolen sh*t before. Comedian guru's know which comedians are good because they dont take other peoples sh*t, fair and square. To say he did it without knowing is IMO a filthy, dirty (mexican) lie. And that is the fault. Don't be fooled

+1

#29 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:59 PM

I remember hearing about mencia(NED) having an HBO special that ended up having like 10-15 minutes of goerge lopez's material, almost to the T exact rip off...he rips off jokes, but tries to do it"his way", to try and make old jokes feel fresh again.

#30 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

Zeke, man, you have no f*cking clue what you're talking about. Rogan has admitted that it possible for two people to come up with the same bit and not know it, but in Mencia's case he doesn't do that; he steals. He rips off jokes nearly word for word and then denies it. Watch the video and check out the Arti part. That joke is nearly word for word, and Mencia's is at a much later date and after Arti toured with Mencia. You can't tell me that's not stealing. As Gates just said above me, he stole Lopez's jokes nearly word for word too. I mean, f*ck man, this would be like if Sony stole a bunch of Samsung TVs, slapped the Sony logo on them and called it their own.

And btw, Rogan is great because he trashes these other comics for ripping off material. Dane Cook stole 3 of Louis CK's bits and Dennis Leary stole Bill Hicks entire f*cking act, and Rogan trashes the two of them for it.

Edit: Just because I hate Dane Cook, this is from his Wiki

Material

After the release of his CD/DVD Retaliation, similarities were noticed between Cook's work and material recorded on Louis C.K.'s 2001 album Live in Houston.[9]The bits in question are Louis C.K.'s "Itchy Asshole," "Guy On A Bike," and "Naming Kids." In 2005, Dane Cook performed and released three similar routines on Retaliation.[10]. These are "Itchy Asshole," "Struck By A Vehicle," and "My Son Optimus Prime," respectively. Cook has denied any plagiarism.[citation needed] When asked about the similarities on the message boards of aspecialthing.com, C.K. acknowledged that Cook was "stealing from [him]," and said that he had performed those jokes in clubs where Dane was present, eliminating any doubts that it could be a case of parallel thought. Louis C.K. decided that taking any action against him is "not worth it".[11]

In an interview on the Free Beer & Hot Wings Morning Show, C.K. stated that while the jokes are similar, the issue was "overblown" and may stem from a backlash against Cook's popularity. However, C.K. accused Cook of being "bullyish" and litigious towards comedians for having similar material to his. He also stated "Too bad the guy [Cook] can't write enough". C.K. ended the interview by saying, "f*ck Dane Cook, he's a c*nt."[12]

Comedian Joe Rogan has spoken on many occasions (including the December 1, 2006 broadcast of the Opie and Anthony Show) about Cook performing a bit on an episode of Premium Blend that Rogan claims to have performed earlier in clubs with Cook present. He also went on to claim that Jim Breuer had reported to Rogan that Cook was performing some of Rogan's bits in clubs that he performed at with Breuer. Rogan claimed that he contacted Cook who admitted that his own manager had warned him about using Rogan's material.[13]

Rob Sheffield criticized Dane Cook's material in an October 2006 Rolling Stone article. Some excerpts from the article:

"Yeah, we get it: the world's hottest comedian, a success story, the MySpace Generation, blah to the blah, but where are the f*cking jokes? ...It's like he's a lovable character Will Ferrell made up for an upcoming media-prank comedy, Funny Guy: The Legend of Dane Cook."[14]

Comedian Ron White has criticized Dane Cook for his lack of real material (calling him a "smoke and mirrors" act) and for his inflated ego.[15]

Jim Breuer, comedian and host of a Sirius Satellite Radio show said:

"Not one comedian comes on (my show) and says `I'm so happy for [Dane Cook],' which is weird. They can't stand this poor guy." [16]

These are other comics bashing him. He's a f*cking thief too.

Edited by Justin Sane, 21 February 2007 - 09:16 PM.

#31 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:31 PM

Zeke, man, you have no f*cking clue what you're talking about. Rogan has admitted that it possible for two people to come up with the same bit and not know it, but in Mencia's case he doesn't do that; he steals. He rips off jokes nearly word for word and then denies it. Watch the video and check out the Arti part. That joke is nearly word for word, and Mencia's is at a much later date and after Arti toured with Mencia. You can't tell me that's not stealing. As Gates just said above me, he stole Lopez's jokes nearly word for word too. I mean, f*ck man, this would be like if Sony stole a bunch of Samsung TVs, slapped the Sony logo on them and called it their own.

And btw, Rogan is great because he trashes these other comics for ripping off material. Dane Cook stole 3 of Louis CK's bits and Dennis Leary stole Bill Hicks entire f*cking act, and Rogan trashes the two of them for it.

Edit: Just because I hate Dane Cook, this is from his Wiki
These are other comics bashing him. He's a f*cking thief too.

notice! this is justin's first real post! :tup: no joke.

#32 lostcuaz

lostcuaz

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:23 AM

<embed width="448" height="365" src="http://www.ifilm.com/efp" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" flashvars="flvbaseclip=2822368" ></embed>

missing part from boobylee on iFilm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users