Photo

The music video cannibal corpse did not want you to see

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:35 PM

Cannibal Corpse and the Sunshine gang

#2 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

omg that sinc'd up so well lol... The keyboard guy made me laugh.

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:21 PM

i started out laughing, then all of the sudden towards the end it seriously started scaring me. wtf creepy IMO

#4 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:13 PM

I almost died laughing watching that

#5 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:31 AM

Best Cannibal Corpse video ever!!! HAHA great find :tup:

#6 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

lolz

#7 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

frag is going to hate me for this...but the keyboard player in that band...looks like a very distant relative to mikael of opeth...meaning the hair and the mustach, and how skinny they both are..haha Mikael still destroys as one of the greatest death metal vocalists around.

#8 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:36 AM

I guess they do look somewhat alike.

And yeah Mikael �kerfeldt is probably the best vocalist of all time through all categories, followed closely by Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity) and Peter T�gtgren (Hypocrisy, Pain etc).
I'm really starting to like Abbath's (Immortal) lyrics too. He's one grim frostbitten son of a bitch :tup:

#9 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:59 PM

frag, you should be ashamed not to atleast mention Dan Swano up there, he is like a more aggressive version of mikael.

#10 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:05 PM

That was funny as shit.... Now for a THREAD HIJACK!!

I'm a Metal noobie (kinda) and want to know some good bands out there. My taste in Metal is as follows: Mainstream shit sucks and Cannibal Corpse type shit is a little too much for me sometimes (although I like a bunch of their shit). I want the evilness and speed of CC but dont really like the Belching vocals. IMO a lot of the really heavy shit is too much and takes away some of the "misical" aspect of metal.

I like the Evil slow rhymythic type shit. Im a fan of Sepultura, older Pantera and such. I have been listening to some heaver stuff as of late and want to get more. I have 3000+ CDs and tons of pussy "metal" as I like to call it. ( which I have never been a fan of) I want the real deal.

Let me know what you guys would reccomend. :evil:

#11 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:59 PM

Well, Shlonks old buddy...

If you want something heavy like CC, but actually listenable; check out Hate Eternal The vocals are alot better but they are still brutal as fuck.

If you want something heavy, but with clean vocals (:tdown:); check out DragonForce

If you're looking for evil midtempo type metal definately check out a Finnish band called Ajattara

However, if you're like me, you want something that's heavy, but at the same time has flow and melody. Definately check out Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity (my fav :tup:), Hypocrisy and Opeth (Mikael �kerfeldt!!!)

Also just for shits and giggles. Immortal. Seriously listen to his voice though!

/ENJOY!

#12 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

ok shlonk, I can give you a few bands/albums to check out that you whould most likely enjoy, seeing how you gave us a nice description of what your looking for.

hypocrisy-Fourth Dimension ,Abducted, Final Chapter, Virus (those are, IMO the best albums hypocrisy has, well, they are my favs, I know Frag whould argue alittle with me on which of their albums are best,)

Into Eternity-Buried in oblivion, or Scattering of The Ashes(a very good canadian progessive death metal band, pretty unique vocal stylings also, and some sick guitar work)

Scar Symmetry-Pitch Black Progress

Bloodbath-Nightmares Made Flesh, Resurrection Through Carnage(if you really want to get evil, RTC is more slower grindish swedish death metal(and one of THE greatest death metal albums of all time)(and Nightmares Made Flesh features the lead singer of Hypocrisy, but trust me, it sounds like a more brutal version of Peter tagtgren of hypocrisy, this album is actually more swedish newer school then the previous album, higher tempos less distorted guitars, and some killer drumming. this album is by far one of my personal Favs)

Kalmah-The Black Waltz( I love kalmah, they are awsome, this album is great, its got some cool guitar work, and some cool keyboard parts that go very well with the songs)

Edge OF Sanity-Crimson II (this album, ofcourse I will put this up here because it has EVERYTHING, it is a masterpiece, )it is one song, and about 42-43 minutes long, its has a little bit of everything so its mainly called "Extreme Progressive Metal", Swedish death metal, some progressive metal, Dan swano throws in some sick death growls AS well as some incredible Clean vocals, this album never leaves me, it is either in my truck or on my computer desk, if you are looking for heavy/death metal type music, this album is really going to satisfy you)

Amon Amarth-Versus The World, Fate Of The Norns(these guys are top shelf norse/viking type death metal, very melodic, some awsome song compisition and all around a great listen, I know frag can add some more for these guys, but for what you want, those 2 albums come to mind)

Dimension Zero-Silent Night Fever(a good album from a band composed of ex inflames, ex marduk, I know list their newest album because....it lacks alot compared to SNF, a good listen)

Extol-Undeceived( yes they are christian, but they dont really preach to god and all that gay sh*t on this album, it is pretty sick I think Norwegian death metal, pretty technical and vocals change up, and the second track undeceived kills with its intro.everything from them sucks though, so dont bother with blue print dives....whatever its called)

Opeth-pretty much any of their albums, my favs include Deliverance, MorningRise, and My arms your Hearse but they are a great all around band(The lead singer did the vocals on the first Bloodbath album "Resurrection Through Carnage"

Vehemence-Helping The World to See(great brutal melodic death metal band from AZ, this album is very well made, vocals are pretty brutal deep gutteral with some crazy screaming black metal type vocals, songs are well written, I love this album, oh and the song Spirit of The Soldier is one of the greatest US death metal songs ever, the solo is pretty sick)

and that is all I will type for now, shlonk if you have any questions comment or concerns, please leave me a message(haha) and frag, you better post in here too, I know you will(frag will know of alot more melodic type death metal bands, they be big in Sweden :dork: )

anyway there you go, and stay safe. :tup:

ok frag beat me to the post because I took too long.

Edited by At The Gates, 22 February 2007 - 07:09 PM.

#13 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:42 PM

lol looks like some 70s cult

#14 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:51 PM

AHAHAHA :tup: but it also gets a :huh:

#15 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

hypocrisy-Fourth Dimension ,Abducted, Final Chapter, Virus (those are, IMO the best albums hypocrisy has, well, they are my favs, I know Frag whould argue alittle with me on which of their albums are best,)

Agreed, those are the best, ranked as follows: Final Chapter, Virus, Abducted, Fourth Dimension.

Amon Amarth-Versus The World, Fate Of The Norns(these guys are top shelf norse/viking type death metal, very melodic, some awsome song compisition and all around a great listen, I know frag can add some more for these guys, but for what you want, those 2 albums come to mind)

Those are the weakest Amon Amarth albums man... :P

What you want is "With Oden on Our Side" (2006), "The Avenger" (1999), "The Crusher" (2001) and "Once Sent from the Golden Hall" (1998).

And if you want to get an idea of how BloodBath sound, you can hear the song Mass Strangulation here. Just ignore the video, only a bunch of DragonBall Z clips lol

I'm trying to recommend bands that are all very different so you can find your "niche" of metal; so to continue widening this spectrum:

Bathory: The god father of black metal "Quorthon" and session musicians who've made the most kickass black/thrash viking metal ever. Look for the Nordland albums (I & II) (2000-ish), and Twilight of the Gods (1991).

Dimmu Borgir: Probably the most accessible black metal out there (that's not saying much though!), norweigan band that basically popularized black metal singlehandedly (fuck Cradle of Filth). Look for albums Enthrone Darkness Triumphant (1997) and Death Cult Armageddon (2003).

Einherjer: Viking themed black/folk metal from Norway. Good shit. Look for Odin Owns Ye All (1998) and Blot (2003). Unfortunately the band is now split up.

Ensiferum: Latin for "Bearer of Iron", also viking oriented, but only lyrically speaking. The music itself is a mix of heavy metal and folk metal, creating some of the catchiest songs ever made. Look for the self titled album (2001) and Iron (2004).

Finntroll: Very evil folk metal, Finnish band who sing in Swedish. Evil as hell yet very catchy, must be heard to be believed hah...

Hatesphere: truly excellent Danish death/thrash metal band. Look for an EP called "The Killing" and the self titled album.

In Flames: One of the founding bands of melodic death metal in Sweden. Although after '02 they changed into a metalcore band. for older material try The Jester Race (1995) or Lunar Strain (1994), and newer go for Come Clarity (2006).

Lamb of God: Eastcoast metalcore/groove metal band that kick some major ass. Think Pantera returned from the pitts of hell. Look for albums As the Palaces Burn (2003) and Sacrament (2006).

Mastodon: A very talented band from Atlanta (can't have only Nordic bands in here eh?). Kind of heavy metal-ish with growls instead of falsetto (thank God!). Very diverse band, you should definately check out Remission (2002) and Leviathan (2004).

Meshuggah: A great "math metal" band from northern Sweden, kind of hard to describe but I'd say they are Industrial/Death metal that rely heavily on symmetrical song structures. Look for an album called Catch 33 (2005).

Strapping Young Lad: Canadian industrial/death band with metal-maniac frontman Devin Townsend. They love to make fun of different musical genres, and make some kick ass music in the process. Look for the self titled album (2003) and The New Black (2006).

Again, enjoy, and I hope you find something you like alot among these genres and sub-genres. :tup:

#16 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:46 PM

cant believe I forgot with odin by our side...sorry frag, that why I mentioned you whould hop in and add/correct some suggestions. thanks :tup:

#17 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

Lawls @ the video.

:\ @ the rest of the thread.

black metal is laughable now a days. most of it now sounds like '80s hair bands.

ps. dragonforce sounds like it was made for background music on an original NES game.

#18 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:48 PM

Hal....not one black metal band was listed..ha.

#19 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

Hal....not one black metal band was listed..ha.

Ya but hes got a point...kinda :tired:

#20 At The Gates

At The Gates

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

yeah, newer black metal, and the stuff that gets wayyyyy too deep into the whole satanic sh*t....gets pretty sad after awhile.
I myself am really really picky about what I listen to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users