54 replies to this topic

#1 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

Theres a bunch of off-times where nobody is on still and i want that corrected, if you have a mic and are a good person who has some experience with some of this shit.

Please check it out, the current admin fee is 13 / month, I welcome all responses and do not want a reply from anyone else unless your interested.

#2 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:47 PM

I'm a terrible person, but I'll think about it.

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:19 PM

ive kind fo been off for the last couple weeks due to my move and school and all, but i will see what i can do about being the random admin at wierd hours like the old days. ill try to play more

#4 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

Well as soon as my nice fat tax return comes in I'm buying myself a new mic., the one i have now is only good for the headphones. I could cover the $13/month no problem. So if you need some more admins I'd like a spot.

#5 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

Well as soon as my nice fat tax return comes in I'm buying myself a new mic., the one i have now is only good for the headphones. I could cover the $13/month no problem. So if you need some more admins I'd like a spot.

funk should be a pretty chill admin. :tup:

Edited by wyte mafia, 23 February 2007 - 09:04 PM.

#6 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

I'd go for admin, but I don't think I'd be on at the times you need. I can only play on nights and weekends.

#7 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:39 PM

Threw in 2 months worth. So all current admins this is your last chance to slay me after I knife you lol.

Edited by Cleric, 23 February 2007 - 10:40 PM.

#8 adrian

adrian

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

I wanna try admin. Let me know what's up.

#9 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:37 AM

If you want somebody who has had something around five years admining experience (most of which was here anyway), you can sign me up, but I won't donate, it's not my thing anymore. Let's just see if it's quality > quantity.

Edited by Massacre, 25 February 2007 - 08:38 AM.

#10 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:34 AM

I wanna try admin. Let me know what's up.

i can vouch for this guy....he's a buddy from cola........he would do a fine job....

#11 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

If you want somebody who has had something around five years admining experience (most of which was here anyway), you can sign me up, but I won't donate, it's not my thing anymore. Let's just see if it's quality > quantity.

lolzor

#12 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:18 PM

lolzor

lolzor, as in "I'm wyte mafia the admin who thinks EVERYONE is hacking and have hacked before myself"? GG scrub

#13 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

lolzor, as in "I'm wyte mafia the admin who thinks EVERYONE is hacking and have hacked before myself"? GG scrub

Let sleeping dogs lie...

And really Massacre, you're a good guy, but setting the tone that you are willing to admin, but not to donate... that isn't cool. Everyone is held to the same standard here and while there have been exceptions before, they weren't as blatant nor given by a member's demand (I can think of one exception to this but it involved a large sum of money and was between shadow and the individual). Now I respect you as a player, as a member, and as a person from the times we used to talk on vent back in the day. In the past few months I haven't been able to play, but I still donate. In the past 7 months I've played maybe 5 times. Yet I still donate at least the $13 and most of the time more (with one exception that I discussed with Shlonky).

I don't see what your purpose was in posting when a simple PM to shadow or shlonky could have covered the payment issue. It seems to me that you wanted your statement to make an impact on other members in the community and that you wanted to assert yourself as something that they are not. If you want to help, thats great. If you want a free handout just because you've been here for years and don't fully respect what the community has turned into, I ask that you remain a dedicated member.

#14 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:06 PM

I wasn't asserting that I was better than anyone, and in the past, I didn't donate half the time over courses of months. Shadow said he needed more admins, and he knows that I know how to admin sh*t. I can care less if he gives me anything at all and I wasn't demanding a thing to being with. Also, the line, "Everyone is held to the same standard" and the fact that you can't go half of an hour on vent without hearing the word "!@#$%^&" is a little hypocritical, don't you think? I can care less to impact anyone or to make any statements to the community. And to tell you the truth I can care less if I were banned for any statements that I make (just like before). Give me admin, don't give me admin, It doesn't affect me, really.

#15 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:28 PM

*shrug*

I called it how I read it. That may be how you meant it or it might not. Either way I put my opinion on it. There are exceptions to every standard, as you pointed out with !@#$%^& on vent. Those exceptions are relatively small (in most opinions), but becoming an admin and not paying is a major exception (in my opinion). And yes, you are gone for months at a time and should not be forced to pay for them. However, you said you WOULD NOT donate, which is different. We've both spoken our piece, now lets not hijack the thread and have it get back to the topic at hand.

BoSS needs more admins, apply below

#16 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:39 PM

lolzor

#17 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

13 / month.

lawl tho.

#18 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:24 AM

Shadow let me get my paypal sh*t straightened out and I will become an admin. That is if you want me too. And by getting my paypal sh*t straightened out, I mean making them not think my credit card is stolen. LOL

#19 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:27 AM

hahaha

#20 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:17 PM

i would like to try to see what i can do...

ive always wanted to be an admin cuz of all the sh*t from randoms i see on the servers all the time and i think i could do some good to the servers :D
(maybe a few people could vouch for me)
im also on at random parts of the day where no admins are on so that could be helpful i guess :D
and im on vent too woot :D

but...

i will probably have problems with the payment issue so i'll have to work on that somehow... so let me know if anything comes up :D

Edited by SuHh, 26 February 2007 - 09:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users