78 replies to this topic

#61 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:58 PM

I'm really pleased with my Canon A530, and it was like $130 so it's all good. I just need to learn about all the bells and whistles (ISO, Shutter speed, F, white balance and all that good stuff).

#62 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:41 AM

I'm really pleased with my Canon A530, and it was like $130 so it's all good. I just need to learn about all the bells and whistles (ISO, Shutter speed, F, white balance and all that good stuff).

I wish I could adjust the white balance of the south.

#63 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

I bite my thumb at you...............

+1

#64 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

I did not bother reading the other posts, but screw you billy and frag, and your warm climates, it will be summer here soon....soon....I hope.

oh and I am typing this as more snow/sleet heads towards mass.....

CURSES!!!!!

#65 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

I miss my summer where i can smoke weed peacefully outside

I f*cking hate you..............

#66 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

Hehe Florida is kick-ass...

The only drawback with the rivers though:
Posted Image
7 foot all-swimming-all-hissing Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake.

#67 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:37 PM

you know what frag i have never ever seen a real diamond back in the woods and i spend ALOT of time in the woods.

i have however had a bad run in with mocisins. i ran up on a bed of them while i was in my boat, and those f*ckers were trying to get in the boat. one of the scariest times in my life. no cell phone, middle of no where and about to get eaten

#68 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:30 PM

...and i spend ALOT of time in the woods.

That made me think of dueling banjos for some reason.

and yeah, moccasins are nasty bastards

#69 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:36 PM

if this thread keeps on plowing forward it looks like you will get pics of me bass fishing this weekend, i might even have to change the title of the thread to Why the south is better, or Billy's awesomely fun fantastic weekend adventures

#70 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:38 PM

if this thread keeps on plowing forward it looks like you will get pics of me bass fishing this weekend, i might even have to change the title of the thread to Why the south is better, or Billy's awesomely fun fantastic weekend adventures

If you added women to the pictures it would truly qualify as "IN YOUR FACE"

#71 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:20 AM

Pfft. Florida, who needs them.

Minnesota can be uncomfortable, but only in extremes, and we haven't had any of those around here for God knows how long (and the government still says global warming is a myth...).

In the winter the snow piles nice and deep and fluffy, perfect for snowballs, forts, and beautiful landscapes. Yes, it can be a b*tch to shovel, but that's why God made snowblowers. It's even better since I don't drive yet, so I don't have to worry about such things as icy roads. All I need is just a short hike down the road, so who the f*ck needs a car anyways? Insurance for my age is too damn expensive.

Autumn in Minnesota is always beautiful. As far as deciduous goes, this is a maple state, with a nice solid mix of oaks and elm for variety, so the leaves are awesome to watch turn (and they're honestly easy to rake up). It's harvest season around this time, too, so we get apples for cider and plain eating, grains to bring in moolah to the state, and about five hundred types of wild plants.

Spring... eh, spring. Snow's melting, so that brings about mud, not to mention end-of-year exams in school. Trees aren't leafed yet, so it's still barren. I probably dislike spring the most.

But, ah, Minnesota Summer. The worst thing about this season is that the "state bird" shows up in full strength during this season, but that's why bug spray exists. For the sake of deliciousness, I shall list the berries first- we grow tons of berries of all types around here and this is the season in which they're the best. Corn, too, and if you haven't had corn-on-the-cob during a warm summer night, you will die unfulfilled. The weather is warm, and occasionally f*cking hot- we've gotten temperature readings of a hundred plus in this state. The lakes are cool, as always, and we actually have some awesome beaches to rival Floridian beaches in this state, so if it's too hot to handle, we just go to the beach. The whole state revolves around water, and there's about a hundred things you can do on and under water here.

f*ck your Floridian snobbishness, I'll stay right the hell here. :tup:

#72 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

Autumn in Minnesota is always beautiful. As far as deciduous goes, this is a maple state, with a nice solid mix of oaks and elm for variety, so the leaves are awesome to watch turn (and they're honestly easy to rake up). It's harvest season around this time, too, so we get apples for cider and plain eating, grains to bring in moolah to the state, and about five hundred types of wild plants.

We have all that and more :tup:
Florida is mostly an Oak, Beech and Hickory state as far as deciduous goes (north part where I live). And guess what, we also grow the tastiest fruits in the world, Persimmons, and citrus fruits like Key Lime (ftw).

As far as corn goes... You haven't lived until you've had Florida stone crab, Fresh jumbo shrimp, Apalachicola oysters and crayfish...

we actually have some awesome beaches to rival Floridian beaches in this state

BWAHAHHAHHAAA!!!1 You obviously haven't been to the Florida gulf coast.
I say that and I even prefer lakes to the sea in general.

#73 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:16 AM

As far as corn goes... You haven't lived until you've had Florida stone crab, Fresh jumbo shrimp, Apalachicola oysters and crayfish...

shhh the south doesn't need anymore tourists. For f*cks sake, I have to go to Savanna or Jacksonville to avoid all the bastards that come down to Myrtle Beach and Charleston. The only good thing about tourists is when they ask you directions you get to send them to the ghetto to test their survival instinct. Personally I consider that supporting local business...and it's better for tourists to get mugged instead of locals.

FYI for the northerners here, North Charleston, SC is NOT where you want to be.

#74 Ozzy

Ozzy

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:36 AM

well...

Englands pretty cool too! :wtf:

#75 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:35 AM

We have all that and more :tup:
Florida is mostly an Oak, Beech and Hickory state as far as deciduous goes (north part where I live). And guess what, we also grow the tastiest fruits in the world, Persimmons, and citrus fruits like Key Lime (ftw).

I used to go down to Sarasota every summer (stay at the Hilton on Longboat Key), before airfare got too high, and while I will agree that Florida beaches are the sh*t, there are beaches in this state, sh*t you not, that will rival some of yours.

And as for the food, I'm going to take this battle into another thread, likely in General Spam. Time for a FOOD-OFF!

#76 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:42 PM

haha, the snows melting b*tches!
Proof

Proof 2!

Proof 3

I am not going to miss This

Yea, i went outside and decided to take a couple pictures with my camera

Canon PowerShot A540, it's good, i still haven't learned everything it can do though, but it's still pretty sexy.

Edited by XxInColdBloodxX, 14 March 2007 - 06:43 PM.

#77 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

We're having a bone chilling low of 61 tonight, so... pwnd :tup:

#78 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

We're having a bone chilling low of 61 tonight, so... pwnd :tup:

I f*cking hate you... :whatever:
lol j/k

#79 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

those are some sexy pictures let me see some more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users