50 replies to this topic

#1 Scitz

Scitz

Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:19 AM

Hey,

Here is a banging idea. Impliment a BoSS members only votekic, so we can kick hackers, campers and f*cking annoying idiots when there are no admins.

#2 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:17 AM

I like the idea, but then you'd eventually have 32 BoSS pseudo-admins playing on a server booting each other for fun...

#3 Black Hat

Black Hat

Antisocial Faggot.

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:39 AM

I like the idea, but then you'd eventually have 32 BoSS pseudo-admins playing on a server booting each other for fun...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which... isnt a bad thing :9:

#4 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:42 PM

how about all the people who are combine soldiers can do vote kick so you need at least 100 posts to do it and if u've posted 100 times u shud b known in the community and your judgement shud b trusted

#5 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:28 PM

i agree wit postal if evry1 had it,it wud be stupid the amount of people who wud get kicked :tup:

#6 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:27 PM

Or you could just donate to the server and then be able to kick anyone without voting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1 :tup:

#7 Unk

Unk

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:51 PM

:19: Second that notion! :19:

Edited by Unk, 08 March 2005 - 03:52 PM.

#8 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:26 PM

i give it a fourth :tup:

#9 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:29 PM

I would give it a fifth, but I don't think it's necessary. I think we all get the picture :P

#10 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

I know you donate through Paypal, but how do the ruling authorities know who donated? I play alot, but you really should have some controls on who gets admin. As they say in business......too many type "A" personalities generally do not mix. You always need some mindless people in any organization to support said organization without making executive decisions. Donating should give you a voice in the community. As long as there is enough admins who monitor the servers......they will run fine.......too many admins will lead to a mess.

Long story short.....I'll donate but don't necesarily think I deserve a admin honor for donating 20/month. The current admins are doing a good job.

Just my two cents....

The mindless member......Constantine.

#11 Atmosphere

Atmosphere

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

ahhhhh the gentle sound of power hungry animals....its what makes this country great, in any case, well i guess i didnt have a point :evilgrin:

#12 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

put my two cookies into donating

#13 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:15 PM

Man, watching Jamie Pressly give that banana the business is almost too much there Reil...*edit* that IS Jamie Pressly, right??

Wait, back to the subject, right. I dunno, I think we're doing alright as it is. There are a few BoSS ppl (mostly the really new guys) who I don't think I'd want to give the power to vote kick (such as The_Big...and he had 40 posts his first day here. How long till he's vote kicking people??)

Edited by S.W.A.T. 2.0, 08 March 2005 - 10:18 PM.

#14 Scitz

Scitz

Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 11:33 PM

Now, I'm a BoSS new guy, so what I might say has no real weight (not to mention look at my rankings on any of our servers, im lucking I can piss in the bowl most of the time). I agree with the idea of having a minimum post requirement or something similar to keep dumbass's from starting votekick wars.

I know during the day, there is usually an admin or 2 playing or at least on ventrillo who can fix most of the problems. I play late at night, and I know there are a few other guys who play late too, none of them are admins though, afaik. This time frame also happens to be a prime time for dumbasses and dipsh*ts to be on.

I dont know, some kind of system to help monitor the servers when there are no admins would be nice, even if there were some restrictions.

Yeah, in any system there are going to be exceptions, like the kids who make like 20 or more posts their first day, or the kids who sign up at the site then get on the server and camp like f*cking b*tches [i.e. IceCrush, ask Officer Rabbit about that kid]. But from what I have witnessed so far, you guys are good and pretty level headed, and such a system would probably work out fine.

My two cents.

#15 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:11 AM

Man, watching Jamie Pressly give that banana the business is almost too much there Reil...*edit* that IS Jamie Pressly, right??

Wait, back to the subject, right.  I dunno, I think we're doing alright as it is.  There are a few BoSS ppl (mostly the really new guys) who I don't think I'd want to give the power to vote kick (such as The_Big...and he had 40 posts his first day here.  How long till he's vote kicking people??)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the_big got banned like his second day here and thats y i sugested the 100 posts to use votekick and if we c sumone abusing there authority we bann them but if there is only one BoSS in the server he might as well be an admin cuz there is no one else to vote with and he cud kick anyone he wanted. but i after thinking about it i think we shud leave it to admins to kick,bann,slay,ect.

#16 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:52 AM

i have a one warning system, if you don't listen i kick you. if you come back and continue to be a f*cktard i ban for 2 days

#17 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:57 AM

I'm not talking about you Scitz, but there are some other new guys (who I've still not seen post in the forum BTW) who camp like none other...

#18 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:18 AM

Yeah, I've seen them too SWAT. And what bothers me more is I watched a couple BoSS admins camping on ct yesterday. Excessively. I'm not going to name any names, but it was really gay and they should know better.

Being an admin or BoSS member does not exempt you from the rules. The reason I joined BoSS is because I hate campers and I hate snipers. Our rules prevent them from f*cking up our servers. But when BoSS members and admins are camping, what kind of example does that set for everyone else? They see BoSS camping, they think its ok and do the same. Then the whole game gets f*cked. Its bullsh*t. :tdown:

#19 Unk

Unk

Combine Soldier

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:12 PM

I agree excessive camping on ct's is gay. I have tho as a ct camped the garage when we were down like 4 people, but only one round. If anyone has a problem with that plz let me know. I think your'e right admins are not free from the server rules. But when BoSS on terrorists got mad I camped one round in the garage, that was f*cking stupid :no: . None of them wanted to come help so WTF> The rule is NO EXCESSIVE CAMPING. Maybe Shadow should address this issue we are having. :1: By the way I am not directing this at u Dank. :1:

#20 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:26 PM

Wait, back to the subject, right.  I dunno, I think we're doing alright as it is.  There are a few BoSS ppl (mostly the really new guys) who I don't think I'd want to give the power to vote kick (such as The_Big...and he had 40 posts his first day here.  How long till he's vote kicking people??)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah its not but it would be better if it was

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users