8 replies to this topic

#1 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

Urgh. :tdown:

So I go to Cali, and in addition to a bunch of other stuff, I see a Gamestop. I never get the chance to go out ot those places back at home, so I swing in and buy me up the following:

Freedom Fighters for Xbox
Project Snowblind for Xbox
Cold War for PC

Cold War is arguing with my dying motherboard, but that's not the problem- it works.

I don't own an Xbox- rather, I own a 360. But when I buy my happy sparkly games I remember that the 360 is backwards compatible. However, that seems to be only to a degree. And here's where the fun starts. :>.<:

I take my new games home, and try running them. What in f*ck is this, I think! Not supported?

Turns out (after I go onto their site) that my great games are not backwards supported for the 360 yet. They're, evidently, technologically intense and thus taking a while to rev-eng for the 360. So here I sit with two impotent games.

I have three options, it seems.
One: Wait for the Microsoft people to reverse-engineer the games. This will take much time.
Two: Get an ORIGINAL Xbox to play the games on. This would be an insane waste of money, though I could just go bother a friend until they loan me it.
Three: Take my California-bought games and California reciepts to a Minnesota Gamestop (God knows where one of those is) and see if they'll trade 'em in.

Hurry the f*ck up, Microsoft...

#2 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:15 AM

You really should have looked to see if they were supported by the 360 before you bought them.. It has been stated many times that the back-wards compatibility doesn't apply to all the original xbox games. I will not cry for you.. however I'm sure it does suck.

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:02 AM

i can't say anything cause im prolly stupid enough to do the same thing. I would say borrow your friends xbox...beat them. and then sell them for 10-20 bucks apeice. then take the 20-30 dollors you made and buy yourself a 40oz and a blowjob

#4 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:14 AM

20 - 30 for a beej and a 40... damn

#5 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

i get bj's for free

#6 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

"what's a zj?"

same thing happened to me. actually i really only went out to get a 360 because Morrowind crashed for the 400th time, but i also bought Oblivion and soon forgot Morrowind even existed.

but yeah, i went out and bought battlefield 2, gun, unreal championship and a couple others like 2 weeks before getting my 360... and they still aren't f*cking compatible some 7 months later.

#7 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

That sucks Commie. :tdown: In order to avoid that next time, look at the price label on the game. If the title of the game is followed by "(BC)" that means the title is currently backwards compatible, with the updates from M$ of course.

#8 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

Well the updates are because the Xbox used an nVidia chipset and the 360 uses an ATI. So it's not a simple port. And yes, some of the more graphic intensive Xbox games run like sh*t on the 360. Like Fable.

Also, I shed no tears for you because any self respecting 360 owner knows this already.

#9 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

20 - 30 for a beej and a 40... damn

Maybe not with CANADIAN dollars... :perk: j/k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users