• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheCasualtie

TheCasualtie

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:28 PM

I am getting annoyed about all the changes good bands are making. For example Green Day they were a pritty good rock band before this 'American Idoit' stuff(no offense to anyone who likes it). Alot of people say bands get better over time, but in my opinion they just get worse. Another example My Chemical Romance wats with this black parade stuff, they were much better before that.
Anyone agree with me?

#2 Reno

Reno

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:16 PM

Yeah i agree with the whole green day becoming a sh*tty rock band since american idiot. Their old stuff was so much better. I dont really listen to my chemical romance so I dont really know about them, but yeah bands lately are starting to fall apart overtime.

#3 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

"No offense" but I never really liked Green Day, especially after the song "Blvd of Broken Dreams".

#4 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

Well boulevard was a song on american idiot...
So yeah.
Their old stuff is pretty kickass.

Dookie was the last good album, even that was iffy.

#5 adrian

adrian

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:10 PM

Ummm. Metallica. Nuff said.

#6 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:09 PM

take any band from the mid '90s. 90% of them have come out with sh*tty albums within the past year. you can't f*cking miss them.

and as for punk bands:

stop. coming. back. please. you are ruining your already soiled image. if we liked you, we liked you as you were.

Edited by Halcomb the Horrible, 01 April 2007 - 11:10 PM.

#7 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

"emohater" listening to My Chemical Romance?? That band is the most emo shit on this planet, old and new.
But yeah, I'd agree that in general bands are getting worse with every release. In Flames and Soilwork after 2002 = :tdown:
There are quite alot of exceptions though... Bands like Strapping Young Lad, Amon Amarth and Dark Tranquillity are getting better and better. If you don't listen to extreme metal, well, I guess your genre IS going down the drain in general. :perk:

And Adrian... I hope you're not trying to say Metallica are getting better, that would be heresy.

#8 Reno

Reno

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:02 AM

Yeah in flames has deffiantly changed in the past years. Strapping Young Lad is a great band!

#9 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:45 AM

System of a down new stuff was...WTF?

#10 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:29 AM

ok. seriously.

i don't hear the music i once listened to on the radio but once in a blue moon.

ie, cyprus hill, nin, mudvayne (et cetera), you name what used to make you listen to the radio... but you don't hear it. it's true, you might hear a representation or a collaboration... but it's still not that band, not that music you're used to.

face it. we're in between. your father's music is about to be some other genre... unless what we used to listen to becomes "preclassic rock."

most of us are in that phase where our music we listened to in middle/highschool is old.

i really feel bad for the '80 kids, because f*ck... i can't name an '80s channel.

what the f*ck are we to be???

(and yes. i r teh drunk, but i feel this is relevant.)

#11 TheCasualtie

TheCasualtie

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:40 AM

"emohater" listening to My Chemical Romance?? That band is the most emo sh*t on this planet, old and new.

My Chemical Romance wasn't really that emo before....but i see ur point

#12 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

"emohater" listening to My Chemical Romance?? That band is the most emo sh*t on this planet

exactly what i was thinking lol.

i have no time for guys who wear make up

#13 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:01 PM

ok. seriously.

i don't hear the music i once listened to on the radio but once in a blue moon.

ie, cyprus hill, nin, mudvayne (et cetera), you name what used to make you listen to the radio... but you don't hear it. it's true, you might hear a representation or a collaboration... but it's still not that band, not that music you're used to.

face it. we're in between. your father's music is about to be some other genre... unless what we used to listen to becomes "preclassic rock."

most of us are in that phase where our music we listened to in middle/highschool is old.

i really feel bad for the '80 kids, because f*ck... i can't name an '80s channel.

what the f*ck are we to be???

(and yes. i r teh drunk, but i feel this is relevant.)

The mainstream has not been good since late 60's early 70's. It hasn't been good during my lifetime anyway. As for the 80's... Good riddance, I say! :tup:

#14 andyouarewho

andyouarewho

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

Well...okay, this isn't the first time it's happened.

Look at Pink Floyd, the band started breaking up, and after their oh so amazing 70's music, their albums decline in quality (probably due to Roger Waters, who is a dick).
Look at Radiohead, who (although great still) changed so much from classic guitars and rock n roll to almost 100% techno.
Look at At The Drive-In, which broke up into two semi-good bands, Sparta and The Mars Volta (MV rocks actually, but not as hardcore as ATDI)
Avenged Sevenfold, alot of people say sold themselves out to a big major record company and lost their real hardcore style.
IDK just a few examples of bad music coming from what used to be great bands.

#15 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:03 AM

Avenged Sevenfold, alot of people say sold themselves out to a big major record company and lost their real hardcore style.

eh give Avenged Sevenfold some respect...there vocal style changed because the lead singer had surgery..he just isn't able to scream like he used to. Although they became very mainstream I still respect the fact that they rebounded as well as they did.

#16 pusadolfo

pusadolfo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:41 AM

Well...okay, this isn't the first time it's happened.

Look at Pink Floyd, the band started breaking up, and after their oh so amazing 70's music, their albums decline in quality (probably due to Roger Waters, who is a dick).

1st David Gilmore is the reason Pink Floyd "decline in quality" that's why Roger left, get your facts straight!!!.

and yeah Green Day suck even before American Idiot, they suck since Warning.

#17 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:51 PM

Black Sabbath is another band that went downhill real quick. I just recently realized they are still around. They should have just disbanded when Ozzy left :tdown:

Truth is most genres today are going downhill. Even alot of metal sub-genres are going down, what with this nu-metal plague and metalcore bastardizing anything it can lay it's hands on...

#18 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

Black Sabbath is another band that went downhill real quick. I just recently realized they are still around. They should have just disbanded when Ozzy left :tdown:

I'm not a huge Sabbath fan or anything, but they still sell out arenas with Dio singing. I think they're doing just fine.

#19 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:06 PM

They're money whores like modern age Metallica. That justifies them still being around? I don't think so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users