25 replies to this topic

#1 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

Ok, I bought a new mouse on Friday and it isn't working properly. This expensive piece of sh*t will absolutely not allow me to play CSS. Half of the time, it won't even work while in game and if it does, it is all jittery and jumpy. My vent bind (mouse 5) won't work either. These malfunctions happen while I'm in game mostly. Sometimes it likes to lag on my desktop too. I've tried to use it with a mousepad and without. I've tried using it with the Logitech software and without. I've tried blowing in the optical laser and it doesn't F*CKING WORK. Is there anyway I can fix this piece of sh*t, or must I return it? I bought it from Staples and no longer have the receipt, so returning it might become a problem. This is the last f*cking wireless mouse I'm going to buy.

#2 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

Are you using a wireless network? If the reciever or router is close to it, it could be interfering with it. The wireless on both work in the same frequency.

#3 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:42 PM

Are you using a wireless network? If the reciever or router is close to it, it could be interfering with it. The wireless on both work in the same frequency.

Yes, but why does it work fine on my desktop then? If that could be affecting it, then can I change the frequencies or is the only way to move it farther from my mouse? They're already a good two feet apart.

#4 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

Yes, but why does it work fine on my desktop then? If that could be affecting it, then can I change the frequencies or is the only way to move it farther from my mouse? They're already a good two feet apart.

Well wireless is weird and most wireless devices including phones and wifi routers operate at the 2.4GHz frequency. Hence interference.

You could try going into your router and changing the channel it transmits on...

Anyway, wireless mice are just plain bad and I recommend you get this mouse. Much less expensive, an additional button, and it's not wireless.

#5 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

Well wireless is weird and most wireless devices including phones and wifi routers operate at the 2.4GHz frequency. Hence interference.

You could try going into your router and changing the channel it transmits on...

Anyway, wireless mice are just plain bad and I recommend you get this mouse. Much less expensive, an additional button, and it's not wireless.

/sigh. When I got my broken mouse I was originally there looking for a wired mouse, but there weren't any that were better than the sh*t that comes with a Dell computer (pretty much, that's what I'm using right now). Damn, a broken $80 mouse (about 2 years old), a broken $100 mouse (bought on Friday), and now I'm about to go order a $40 mouse that will answer all my hopes and dreams...

#6 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

Heh. Guess you were just unlucky dude. Don't worry though. This is the mouse you're looking for, trust me. Just make sure you use the PS/2 adapter.

#7 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

Sure there's not some kind of driver problem?

Eventhough wireless technology has vastly improved since the last time I used a wireless mouse, they still suck and will never be as good or responsive as a normal chorded one.

#8 andyouarewho

andyouarewho

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:16 PM

Okay this is what you do:
1) The mouse is a product of Logitech, so, locate the Logitech headquarter corp. thing.
2) Find the person who made that specific mouse.
3) Shove it up his or her ass.
4) Smile.

That's a good use of the ~90 bucks you wasted on that PoS.

#9 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:14 PM

i would return it and get a good old fashion wired mouse.

#10 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:03 AM

I didn't read the last few posts (ok i did but im drunk so cut me some slack...), but you shouldn't even bother with wireless mice... Unless you play on a projector or something...

#11 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

Buy a Razer

#12 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

Buy a Razer

Negative, the Razer mice in the MX518's price range don't have the features or amount of buttons of the MX518.

#13 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

Negative, the Razer mice in the MX518's price range don't have the features or amount of buttons of the MX518.

I think he meant a real razor so he can slice his wrist because wireless mice = he loses at life

thank you for my time.

#14 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

hahaha

#15 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:44 PM

lol.. You just fell for the trap.

#16 Moses

Moses

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:39 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16826104191
Get the logitech g5, it's best gaming mouse right now. I have one for myself and it's pretty damn good. Though you must install software in order to change certain things such as sens levels, etc.

#17 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

G7 , wireless sucks.

#18 Janton

Janton

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:00 AM

Did Chris just recommend using the PS/2 Adapter?
Have we not already been threw this?

#19 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:13 AM

Weeeee!1!! Mices!!11!

Wireless mices are teh suxor.

I agree with everyone's sentiments about the wired mices. I have to side with raccoon about a g7 over a 518, only because you can add the little weights to it and make it all beefy.

#20 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:54 AM

But you need that extra speed boost you get from using the ps/2 instead of USB Janton, duh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users