26 replies to this topic

#1 Xiertic

Xiertic

The Dagger In The Dark

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

So I just now finally got around to getting a Playstation 2... Yeah I know, way the f*ck behind the times, but I got a really good deal on it so I swiped it so that I could finally try out the Kingdom Hearts and God of War series.

And f*ck man, GoW I & II are probably two of the most fun games I've ever played in my life. As soon as I finished GoW II I fired it up on Titan mode and am playing through it again. Uber fun. Kingdom Hearts I'm not overly impressed with..... Yet I've barely even got started in it, so maybe it'll ramp up.

So here's a question, since I know a lot of you folks have a Playstation 2.... What other PS2 games could I check out that are heavy on action, with some RPG elements thrown in, like GoW? After spending so long playing sh*t like WoW, the intense sword swinging just feels so, so good. I know most of the sh*t you'll think of/suggest is probably gonna be at least a year or so old, maybe a few newer games, but that's cool. Saves me from breaking the bank while I buy the junk.... Plus it'll help in saving up for a PS3, since I *must* have one so I can play GoW III when it hits.

Need more action... Must break sh*t...... -runs off screaming something about this being Sparta-

#2 andyouarewho

andyouarewho

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:36 PM

Prince of Persia Series maybe, not heavy on the RPG but the action is superb and then gameplay lots of fun. The entire series is good but the Two Thrones is probably the best. I recommend picking them all up (they're cheap, probably 20 bucks) and playing through each one for a good storyline and hardcore action.

#3 kidcapri

kidcapri

Human Shield

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

f*cking loved the prince of persia series.

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

prince of persia is HARD AS f*ck. you will get pissed the f*ck off. it is fun though

one of my personal favorites is "BLACK" deg pick that up

#5 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

Shadow of the Colossus is good one.

Posted Image

I would also say Okami but you don't like japanese stories as far as i remember from your past posts. whole game is like japanese water paint art, and you have a godly brush that you can draw things into game. it is a very long game though. you play as a god that in the white wolf form.

Posted Image

Edited by ghozy, 18 April 2007 - 03:09 PM.

#6 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

The prince of persia game are probably my favorite games... the two thrones f*cking owns, and sands of time is f*cking cool too... warrior within is kind of meh, but its ok too

#7 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time, but I've only played it on the Gamecube. Also, everyone knows about the orgasmic affects of the GTA series if you haven't played them on the PC, that's what I would recommend.

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

Shadow of the Colossus is good one.

Posted Image
I would also say Okami but you don't like japanese stories as far as i remember from your past posts. whole game is like japanese water paint art, and you have a godly brush that you can draw things into game. it is a very long game though. you play as a god that in the white wolf form.

Posted Image

^^^ What he said.

Plus Mercenaries is a good game. Fun to just blow up a lot of shit. It's only $20 as well.

#9 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

ff10 and 12.?

#10 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

ff10 and 12.?

FF10 = The worst FF, only behind FFX-2.

#11 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

killzone..lol?

#12 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

Devil May Cry was an early classic. But I think the only way you can get it now is if you get the pack of them which I think is only like $29.99. But you also get 2 and 3. DMC 2 wasn't anything special but 3 was fun as f*ck.

#13 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:09 PM

RE4 definitely.

and as for "black"... best beer coaster i ever bought. :21:

#14 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:11 PM

With your gaming style, I'd recommend the FF games (FFX-2 blows), the Devil May Cry Series (DMC 2 is garbage), Prince or Persia, Shadow of the Colossus, the Dark Cloud series, Beyond Good and Evil, and thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a lot more though. Ooh, thought of another. Star Ocean, and another, DragonQuest VIII (Although I didnt like DQ8 much, and Star Ocean is really, really long). Other must haves are RE4, and the Guitar Hero series if you're into those games at all.

Edited by Mr. Sticks, 18 April 2007 - 06:11 PM.

#15 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:38 PM

I haven't played the final fantasy series at all, but like the other said, you gotta get the Prince of Persia series. And while you are at it, you might as well go into some of the Metal Gear Solid games. I heard Killzone wasn't that great, but BLACK was fun. Have fun with your ps2!

#16 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

RE4 sucks for PS2

get it for the gamecube..

Edited by Raccoon00, 18 April 2007 - 07:27 PM.

#17 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

KatamarI Damacy and We Love Katamari

Mmmmhmmmm Just like GOW.

Trust me

#18 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

RE4 sucks for PS2

get it for the gamecube..

eh. i played and beat both repeatedly. ps2 version has extras that the gamecube version doesn't... and i can't see myself playing leon now without the zoot suit.

#19 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

eh. i played and beat both repeatedly. ps2 version has extras that the gamecube version doesn't... and i can't see myself playing leon now without the zoot suit.

Old time Gangster outfit + Unlimited Tommy Gun + Villagers = OMGSOFCKNAWESUM!

#20 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:09 PM

and as for "black"... best beer coaster i ever bought. :21:

for this reason i will be disregaurding every opinion you ever post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users