29 replies to this topic

#21 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

So? What sites need to be opened in IE? 99% of the sites that don't suck ass are Firefox compatible, in fact, my site doesn't work in IE. Firefox is demanded.

Your fanboyism knows no bounds. There are alot of websites that have problems in FireFox and work much better in IE. Acclaim's website is one that I know of because I had to use it get off a mailing list and it forced me to use IE. There are also some image hosting sites that don't work in Firefox either. Hell, f*cking Bank of America sometimes has issues with FireFox when I'm doing my banking.

My point remains the same. IE Tab is a great plug in for any websites that have issues in FireFox because it doesn't force you to open IE.

Edit: Oh, btw, I'm on your site with IE at work on a PC that only has IE.

Edited by Justin Sane, 17 May 2007 - 11:48 AM.

#22 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

Yeah I did that after reading that topic Chris posted.
You sure? Cause I went to your site before I switched I know. Maybe I just wasn't getting the full thing or something.
But here update: It's been running a ton slower than IE ever did. I was on yahoo mail and when I was typing it was showing up well after I typed it if you've ever experienced that before. I uninstalled all the addons I had gotten to just to see if that would help and it didn't. Right now I went back to IE unless someone can tell me a way to make this better. My brother still insists that it will make your computer run slower too.

Help would be appreciated.

Tell your brother he's a diseased cunt who doesn't know anything. A program only takes up resources and slows you down when it's running. Firefox isn't running all the time. And if you can run CS:S and get decent frames, you should haven no problems with Firefox.

BTW the problem with IE and my site lays within the downloads section, try going there in IE6 and you'll see, the downloads table won't even show up. I haven't tried IE7.

Your fanboyism knows no bounds. There are alot of websites that have problems in FireFox and work much better in IE. Acclaim's website is one that I know of because I had to use it get off a mailing list and it forced me to use IE. There are also some image hosting sites that don't work in Firefox either. Hell, f*cking Bank of America sometimes has issues with FireFox when I'm doing my banking.

Fanboyism? Firefox is a better browser. It's a fact. Not an opinion. But a fact. Anything that has more features, is safer, and easier to code for is better.

Notice how I said 'websites that don't suck ass.' I don't go to websites that suck ass. Therefore, I don't need to open anything in IE. Every site I use works in Firefox and some work better. Hell, on my site, this image:

Posted Image

is a .png with transparency. Now if you're a good boy and using Firefox, it displays the transparency. If you're retarded or at work and using IE, it doesn't. Explain to me how liking a browser that does what it's supposed to is fanboyism??

#23 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

This is all well and good and I want to point out that I'm not saying Firefox is a bad browser. I'm just wondering why it's going slow on my computer. Is there a specific addon I could get so it would run better or change something in the settings?

#24 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

Fanboyism? Firefox is a better browser. It's a fact. Not an opinion. But a fact. Anything that has more features, is safer, and easier to code for is better.

Notice how I said 'websites that don't suck ass.' I don't go to websites that suck ass. Therefore, I don't need to open anything in IE. Every site I use works in Firefox and some work better. Hell, on my site, this image:

[stupidimage]

is a .png with transparency. Now if you're a good boy and using Firefox, it displays the transparency. If you're retarded or at work and using IE, it doesn't. Explain to me how liking a browser that does what it's supposed to is fanboyism??

You clearly missed my point. My point is that there are times when you still need IE and IE tab is a great way to do that without having to open IE on it's own. Your response and attitude towards this has been down right ignorant and reeks of being a fanboy. Whether or not Firefox is a better browser has nothing to do with my point. As far as your "websites that suck ass", yeah, I'm not gonna use Bank of America's site because it supposedly "sucks ass." Seriously Chris, you're a fanboy.

Also, Dar, what are the basic specs of your comp (ghz, ram, hd space)?

Edited by Justin Sane, 17 May 2007 - 06:12 PM.

#25 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

His specs are irrelevant, if he can run CS:S then he can run a fucking browser, it's obviously a settings problem.

I dunno, try FasterFox or the manual config somewhere in this topic.

And if a web developer has too much retardation to code incorrectly, you shouldn't use the site. Obviously BoA's site does suck ass, because other financial sites I use like National City, Visa, Paypal, eBay, etc...all work flawlessly with Firefox.

Any site that 'requires' IE has lost me because I refuse to open any site in IE, Firefox extension or otherwise.

#26 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:16 PM

I use bank of america and it works fine in Firefox for me. What issues does it have for you.

#27 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:49 PM

Lol Chris, I don't play CS:S, you know that. I'm like one of the 3% of people on here who doesn't. Though it feels like I do listening to you guys all the time, lol. And no, even if I had it, I wouldn't be able to run that so that answers that question.

As I've said many times before my comp sucks.

256 MB of RAM
1.50 GHz processor
16 MB video card

What'd I tell you?

#28 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

Woah, ok, you can't run CS:S, but you can still def. run Firefox, although more memory couldn't hurt for FF's performance...

#29 Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Lurker

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

thanks for the info, wondergod. my firefox runs faster now and pages definitely load faster, but the RAM limitation is not taking effect. i upgraded to the latest version of firefox and checked the config to make sure the command saved (i have it set to 20000), but the RAM usage still rises and rises like it always has, sometimes getting as high as 200MB. i've tried using extensions for this problem too but to no avail. any idea how to fix this?

#30 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:16 PM

Woah, ok, you can't run CS:S, but you can still def. run Firefox, although more memory couldn't hurt for FF's performance...

See apparently though my computer is so old the biggest thing the ports would be able to hold are like 256s. So the most I could have is a 256 in each making it 512, which I'll probably end up doing. But yeah, I'm thinking about saving up for a new computer (though I know my parents would be completely against it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users