28 replies to this topic

#1 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

Well, you probably don't care about this until it happens to you (as it just happened to me), but A LOT of xbox 360's are turning into huge paperweights due to the "3 red rings of death". This is a "general hardware failure", indicated by 3 flashing red lights. Some retailers were reporting as many as 1/3 of all 360's were being returned with this problem.

Anyways, this happened to my console this week, and I'm pissed. So anyways, Microsoft announced on Thursday that they would allocate up to 1.15 BILLION dollars to extend the warranty of all xbox 360 consoles to 3 years. That works out to about $100 per console! Obviously they know that they dropped the f*cking ball on the 360... I don't care if the wii sucks and the ps3 is expensive... this is ridiculous. They are one step away from admitting a recall for f*cks sake.

And if you sent your console off to MS and had to pay to get it fixed, they will pay you back.

Story is here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.../site/newsweek/

#2 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

Yep :tup:

Hopefully if it happens to me, it happens within 12/2009.

#3 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

Hey guess what happened to me 3 minutes ago. . .

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

Hey guess what happened to me 3 minutes ago. . .

Forza 2 Strikes again.

#5 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:50 PM

Forza 2 Strikes again.

LOL, he speaks the truth.

#6 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

Forza 2 Strikes again.

Yeah, people say the same sh*t about Guitar Hero II causing failures. It's all a bunch of bullsh*t started by retarded people. A game isn't gonna cause your hardware to fry.

Alot of these people with Xboxs that are frying are putting them in places where heat will build up both on the console and it's on ac/dc converter (the ghostbusters trap looking thing). Both of those on mine are in the open air so there's plenty of ventilation and I have no problems.

Granted, this doesn't stop me from backing up my saves regularly onto a memory card.

Edited by Justin Sane, 08 July 2007 - 06:26 PM.

#7 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

Mine did that a while back, it was one of the launch consoles too. My second one is working fine so far

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:38 PM

I'm going to call up Microsoft and ask if they can just send me a Wii instead of fixing my crapbox. :20:

#9 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:35 PM

I'm going to call up Microsoft and ask if they can just send me a Wii instead of fixing my crapbox. :20:

Haha, you should do it and record the conversation, then upload it so we can listen to it. It'd be funny as hell.

#10 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

Instead of a Wii ask for a ps3

That would insult them more
Lmao

#11 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Instead of a Wii ask for a ps3

That would insult them more
Lmao

I couldn't even sink that low. I'd feel dirty for saying it. Besides, on the off chance they'd agree I don't want to be stuck with a useless PS3.

#12 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:24 AM

eh... at least you'd be able to play the new ninja gaiden....

wtf is with it only being ps this time???? last one was xbox only and it sold like f*cking hotcakes... why go to a pointless console this time? i hope it f*cking burns them.

#13 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:00 AM

eh... at least you'd be able to play the new ninja gaiden....
wtf is with it only being ps this time???? last one was xbox only and it sold like f*cking hotcakes... why go to a pointless console this time? i hope it f*cking burns them.

It's the same game....with some new features, but nothing all that new.

#14 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:20 PM

eh, i just wanted to buy something shiny and microsoft let me down.

#15 monsterWork

monsterWork

Lurker

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

A game isn't gonna cause your hardware to fry.

Alot of these people with Xboxs that are frying are putting them in places where heat will build up both on the console and it's on ac/dc converter (the ghostbusters trap looking thing). Both of those on mine are in the open air so there's plenty of ventilation and I have no problems.

A game can f*ck up your console...

That and it shouldn't be a requirement that the console and power brick be suspended in the air or whatever the f*ck. They should have it tested in real world (and even unlikely situations). Don't blame average consumers for putting their consoles in hot places, MS has already admitted that it's a problem. I hope your console f*cks up so we can laugh at you for putting it in a place where heat will build up.

#16 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

A game can f*ck up your console...
That and it shouldn't be a requirement that the console and power brick be suspended in the air or whatever the f*ck. They should have it tested in real world (and even unlikely situations). Don't blame average consumers for putting their consoles in hot places, MS has already admitted that it's a problem. I hope your console f*cks up so we can laugh at you for putting it in a place where heat will build up.

I agree, Justin is just another dipshit without a clue, saying a game cannot cause a hardware device to malfunction? Wanna bet? Play a game that pushes your Devices to the limit, and watch it pop a transistor and or just brick like the 360.

#17 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

The f*ck are you talking about Shadow? People claim f*cking Guitar Hero is causing bricks. Guitar Hero is the furthest thing from pushing the 360 to it's limits. It's not gonna pop a god damn thing. Even Forza isn't a graphical masterpiece and doesn't push it to the limits. Games are not gonna f*ck up your system. Poor ventilation design and low quality parts will f*ck up the system. It doesn't matter what game or DVD is in there.

And Monster, I'm not saying it should be required to keep your console and power brick in the open air, but it is a way to help dissapate the heat. I understand most buyers will just shove it in a audio cabinet and Microsoft should have prepared for that. They didn't, and now they're paying for it.

#18 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

The f*ck are you talking about Shadow? People claim f*cking Guitar Hero is causing bricks. Guitar Hero is the furthest thing from pushing the 360 to it's limits. It's not gonna pop a god damn thing. Even Forza isn't a graphical masterpiece and doesn't push it to the limits. Games are not gonna f*ck up your system. Poor ventilation design and low quality parts will f*ck up the system. It doesn't matter what game or DVD is in there.

And Monster, I'm not saying it should be required to keep your console and power brick in the open air, but it is a way to help dissapate the heat. I understand most buyers will just shove it in a audio cabinet and Microsoft should have prepared for that. They didn't, and now they're paying for it.

You don't know everything, stop acting like it man. It has been reported that a few games in particular (oblivion, guitar hero, and forza 2, for example) have been causing the 360 to die. Maybe it's a combination of heat / bad games, but it is widely reported that these games are a common theme in some bricked xbox's. I haven't played any of these games, but in any case, a bad game DOES have the potential to f*ck with hardware! Even if it f*cks with some of the software on some of the hardware..... ex. changing the firmware on some of the chips.

#19 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:45 PM

Software can cause hardware to break, take Ezekiels DVD Drives for example, a simple Music CD crucified his shit, and Starforce does it as well.

#20 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:10 AM

Out of the 3 games monster mentioned, I've played Oblivion and GH2. Oblivion bricked my first 360, and I heard of a ton of people having GH2 brick their 360's. If just about every 360 game had this happening about equally, then I'd also say its just the 360, but since these games do have a much higher rate of bricking 360's, there's no way it's just coincidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users