monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:35 PM

Well, as you know from this thread:

http://forums.boss-g...h...c=8713&st=0

My xbox 360 got bricked somehow, as indicated by three flashing red lights. I was pretty pissed, since I just got the firmware modified, nulling my warranty.

So Anyways, with nothing to lose, I tried the heatgun fix, which is simply removing the motherboard, and heating it up with a heatgun to "resolder" the loose connections. Sounded like a flaky solution, but I tried it anyways.

I let it cool for a bit, then to my surprise, it booted up and was playable for about a half hour before getting the 3 red lights of death.

Ok.... so I didn't feel like taking that f*cker apart again, so decided on the towel fix.... which sounds retarded and insane, but worth a shot. This method involves wrapping your xbox 360 up in a bunch of towels, and letting it run for about a half to full hour, essentially overheating the thing to resolder the connections again.

This one has worked for me, Ive had the thing run for hours on end, multiple times, for 2 days now. How f*cked is that? Only problem is that my dvd drive lost it's calibration, so I've gotta open that up again and tweak it.

#2 NC Joe

NC Joe

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

My brother had the same problem. He just sent it in to Microsoft, and got it replaced by a brand new XBOX360. Good ol' warranty.

#3 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:29 AM

I was pretty pissed, since I just got the firmware modified, nulling my warranty.

My brother had the same problem. He just sent it in to Microsoft, and got it replaced by a brand new XBOX360. Good ol' warranty.

#4 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

That's magical lol

Glad you got it working again :tup:

#5 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:09 PM

I said screw it and got the 2 year warranty from wal mart....

stupid 360.. all that money and to get a crappy error... Just like the Blue screen of death.

I guess thats microsoft for you.....

#6 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:09 AM

I said screw it and got the 2 year warranty from wal mart....
stupid 360.. all that money and to get a crappy error... Just like the Blue screen of death.

I guess thats microsoft for you.....

Atleast they'er willing to admit mistakes, setting aside 2billion$ and extending the warranties of all the 360's

#7 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:13 AM

That's awesome! Haven't looked into these solutions because i dont have a 360 so i didn't know how crazy they were.

#8 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:41 PM

Atleast they'er willing to admit mistakes, setting aside 2billion$ and extending the warranties of all the 360's

It's the user friendly version of a massive recall.

#9 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:51 PM

Yeh thats a good thing. Id rather have an xbox that might get an rrod and spend $400 and then backed by microsoft, then spending $600 + for a PS3...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users