10 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

I borrowed this game from a friend and have been playing it for about a week.

It is a pretty fun game, much in the style of GTA where you can choose to play the story or just f*ck around and kill people.

If you live under a rock and haven't heard of the game, it is a survival/horror/action game made by capcom. You are a freelance reporter who enters the town of Willamette, Colorado. You think you are covering a massive riot, but it turns out to be lots of zombies (duh). You end up getting stuck in a mall for 3 days and have to find out what happened.

You can use ANYTHING as a weapon. Cabbage, umbrellas, stuffed bears...anything.

I was wondering if you guys have played it, and if you have, what you think of the game...

:-D

#2 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

i bought it the day it came out, played it for about two weeks and haven't touched it since.

so i'm saying that like beating dead horses, beating dead mall goers was only fun for the first few laps around the building.

Edited by Halcomb, 13 August 2007 - 06:56 PM.

#3 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

I played that game like crazy when it first came out. Beat it the first time and got the best ending, then sat down and played it for a day straight and beat it again just for fun. Thought about going for the Mega Blaster, but I don't think I've got the patience, and the Free Roam mode you unlock after beating the game is gay because your health constantly depletes and food doesn't respawn, so it isn't a "true" free roam mode, it's just you trying to survive in the mall (and I think the mode might actually be called "Survival" lol). Still though, if it had a free roam where you went around the mall with no time restrictions and didn't have to worry about finding food to stay alive and just beat the sh*t out of zombies, that game would have pwned so much more. I mean think about it, in games like GTA the most fun thing to do is go around the city running sh*t over, finding awesome jumps and all sorts of secrets and going on killing sprees, not the missions.

#4 Sgt.Buttery

Sgt.Buttery

The Object of Frequent Lulz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

That does sound like crap Sticks, I am still on the high of hacking zombies apart tho...
lol.

#5 *3RD sfg* killswitch

*3RD sfg* killswitch

"Nope, That Instantly made it worse."

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:09 AM

I also got the game when It first came out. when the lights go out, insane amount of zombies. also the damn rain coat mafia fools with the green masks. Over all fun. but once you stop playing you dont want to play again. so rent the game dont buy. IMO

#6 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:37 AM

Moved to console gaming.

#7 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:13 AM

They should make it for the Wii. That would be awesome.

#8 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

The point of survival mode is to unlock a real lightsaber :tup:

Anyhow, I have the game and love it. It is definitely something that you feel the urge to play in waves. When I first had it I played endlessly. Now I'll play it about once a month or so. There are lots of endings, which is nice. If I am not mistaken, there is a free roam mode called infinity... but you have to unlock it. I have it, but have never played it. Mainly I just play the "campaign."

I'm still finding new things to kill zombies with and I've owned the game about 8 months or so. My favorite is probably the showerhead. Other fun ones include a soccer ball, toy sword, bowling ball, masks, or the hummer.

I plan to try to get the achievement for killing every person in the town, but haven't gotten around to it yet. We'll see how it goes.

#9 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

Thats the mode I was talking about Rogue, my bad. The Infinity Mode truly isn't infinite, because that's the one where your health depletes over time and food doesn't respawn. So basically, you have a grab a ton of food, go store it in a safe spot, and survive there as long as you can. When the food supply starts running low you've either got to run and find more, or go kill psychopaths (which actually do respawn in this mode) for food. It's not really an infinite mode where you can run around and do what you want.

#10 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed about there not being a "real" infinite mode, but I did play the sh*t out of that game for a while. I've gotten the Zombie Genocide (a little bit more than 53,000 zombies killed) title and reached the max level of 50. Along the lines of console games, Dead Rising is one of my favorite. Although, if you do like zombie games and enjoy PC sh*t rather than any console (like me) then Left 4 Dead is a Steam game that's might just possibly come out in our life time. It looks sexy! Anyways, back on topic, Dead Rising is about a 9/10 (in my opinion) for a console game.

#11 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

was def. fun for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users