Photo

Anyone like doom3 or hl2 better than cs.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 babyghost

babyghost

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:33 AM

I bought hl2 to play cs, I enjoyed the single player mode but I totaly hate the deathmatch... Now I only play cs, and I find it hard to get into other fps like doom. I can't figure out what it is about this game that sets it apart from other fps.. Mabye because it is a little more realistic, it still has arcade like elements like the super human jumps, or the fact that u can shoot someone in the leg and they still run at u full speed. But all in all the game has a better feel to it...

I'm still new to the game but I am gettin better. Soon I will Pawn u all... :evilgrin:

#2 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:54 AM

cs:s and the half life 2 engine are just so amazing. the amount of effort put into this game is just incredible. half life 2 is an amazing game but its different than cs:s so i wont compare it, but i also hate half life 2 deathmatch. when you play a game of such high quality like half life 2 its hard to go back to any other lower quality game.

#3 babyghost

babyghost

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

I not the quality I speak of, doom 3 is very high quality. But in a game like that it's usually squeeze trigger and go, plus u just spawn all over the place. In CS:S its a little more skill based, anyone can pick up m4 or ak and squeeze trigger but until they they learn to aim they won�t last very long. I have heard people complain about awp�s in the game, it�s a noob gun, it�s to easy to use, but if that person doesn�t know how to use it u can run up to them and knife them because the gun is virtually useless in a noob�s hands�. Source takes skill, there are some issues with hit boxes but this game beats all by far�

#4 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:06 PM

yea, Doom3 was sweet when it came out....for 2 days. then it was like, ok this game is pretty.i quit. Half life 2 was amazing tho...graphically insane....but how much shelf life u gonna get from a 1 player game. but at least it came with CS:S. and best part was it was free, thx to my ATi card. but i def. agree with the point abt CS:S taking skill...its def. acquired. something im just getting :tup: i really had no experience with fps' until CS:S so it was kinda new to me. and just now am i starting to get better.

#5 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:49 PM

all are great games. the graphis are amazing on doomb3 and hl2 in different ways. css is the most addiciting game ever and deathmatch does get boring after a while. but theyre all great games. :tup:

#6 Mr.Big

Mr.Big

Journeyman

• Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:59 PM

I play all of em. I don't usually stick with one game for a long time. I've been playing Doom 2 lately and Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. But CS:S lives forever! (at least until CS:SS)

#7 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

i play HL2 late at night, if no one is playin CS.

doom3 got borin fast, i dont even own it. i played it at my friends house the whole night and beat it. that was the only time i played it.

CS can get annoyin too tho, i mean i still play it, and i have been for many many years...
now i need something like WoW, need to get that sh*t.

Edited by Aziz, 10 June 2005 - 03:48 PM.

#8 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:53 PM

the game engine itself it many games set them apart, lets say you play Unreal tournament, Mohaa, and quake. you will notice they all feel the same in gameplay cause they run on the same sort of engine i think it Q3engine some might say different but i find that is what sets games apart from each other.

You say that HL2 DM wasnt making you satisfied as CS:S was, Its the way it looks and the gametype that changes that feel, everything else feels almost the same

#9 angrybrit

angrybrit

Shinobi of Tina's body

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

Doom3 was better than HL2. HL2 sucked.

#10 Chopper

Chopper

Lurker

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:23 PM

oh yeah... HL2 sucked ass!! < /sarcasm >

#11 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:55 PM

Doom3 was better than HL2.  HL2 sucked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow i hope that was sarcasm, i really do

#12 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

Doom3 was better than HL2.  HL2 sucked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

doom 3 is the most let down ive ever had in a game. :perk:

#13 angrybrit

angrybrit

Shinobi of Tina's body

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:14 PM

I wasn't sarcasm. HL2 sucked. I bought the game for CS:S. PERIOD. :grin:

HL2 was pure sh*t. :tired:

#14 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:06 PM

I wasn't sarcasm.  HL2 sucked.  I bought the game for CS:S.  PERIOD. :grin:

HL2 was pure sh*t. :tired:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:tired: :tdown: :no: :malace:

how can you even say that when the game is probably the best single player game ever made and its average rating by all the major rating websites is 9.6 out of 10. how can they all be wrong. maybe its your personal opinion that you like doom 3 better but hl2 def did not suck.

reviews

#15 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:55 PM

true that.
man HL2 is so much better than Doom3, however i dont blame u for liking it more than HL2, every one is entitled for his own opinion.

#16 Chopper

Chopper

Lurker

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:59 PM

HL2= one of the best games of all time....

i really dont see how ANY fan of fps's can dislike this game.... its impossible.

#17 angrybrit

angrybrit

Shinobi of Tina's body

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:31 AM

HL2 is like Halo. Completely overrated. :tired:

I am a FPS junky and I am not impressed at all. And the ending sucked just like Gabe and his passwords. :mellow:

#18 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:38 AM

i didnt like Halo, but HL2 is very good. im not saying i love that game so much that im gonna have sex with it, but its a good game. the physics are great.

(my 400th post :1: )

#19 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:11 AM

really doom 3 is a sh*tty game. horrible. Hl2 IS the best single player fps made to this day but i guess u french ppl r insane and think doom 3 is even worth a second look

#20 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:15 AM

french ppl :wtf:

LoL Mass wtf :20:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users