• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:37 AM

Worst run of the day....just to show launch. I let off after the 1/8th.

http://s44.yousendit...37242C3APMGMIKQ

Second video....full run. 1st run is of a buddy's 450 rwhp LS1 Trans Am. The Volkswagon had problems and had to pull off the track, so made the run himself. Me and my buddy's Cobalt SS run after that. Fot the people NOT of vent right now, i'm the Silver Mustang in each video.

I am having TERRIBLE runs because my clutch just wouldn't allow me to shift into gear. I should be in the low low 11's, but 11.989 was the best I could do with a bad clutch, that day. I got a new $900 clutch kit the other day that will resolve all problems and will allow me to possibly get into the 10.9 range with meth injection.

Don't mind the sh*tty video, and my friend's "fat woman" comments. lol I just got the camera and still trying to learn how to make the video quality better.

Be back with the link when 'yousendit' gets it sh*t together.

Finally

http://s39.yousendit...GH2BPXY8YRD0896

Oh, and i'm f*cking wasted so don't mind the grammar.

These vids were more for people on vent curioius about my car, not to go and brag or anything. Even though the car is fast as f*ck. haha

Edited by DanKBudZ, 24 June 2005 - 03:53 AM.

#2 tehpwnage

tehpwnage

Lurker

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:46 AM

Nice videos danK! I like em. I am a car man myself.. I just wish I had enough money to do what I want to do with the vehicles that I own. By the way, nice burn out... and nice timing

You should make a new thread and post some pictures of the stuff under the hood .. ;)
(I know, kinda like asking to take pictures of your balls) /carhumor

#3 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:55 AM

Dank, that was impressive.hmmmmm. if yer going to lebanon maybe doc seuss can give u a run for your money with his galant. we're expecting 12's. prolly high 12's tho. well regardeless, maybe we can meet up, thatd be sweet

#4 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:48 AM

yea i want to go to the valley when you go too, i dont think ill be racing tho :20:

#5 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:40 AM

Nice videos danK! I like em. I am a car man myself.. I just wish I had enough money to do what I want to do with the vehicles that I own. By the way, nice burn out... and nice timing

You should make a new thread and post some pictures of the stuff under the hood .. ;)
(I know, kinda like asking to take pictures of your balls) /carhumor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pwnage, my ventrilo drinking buddy. haha Man, i was drunk as f*ck last night.

I got some pics. :evil:

Race ready
Attached File  Cobra_05.JPG   53.28KB   15 downloads

Street trim (only difference is the rear wheels and tires)
Attached File  15061.JPG   103.76KB   11 downloads

Some engine shots
Attached File  15062.JPG   109.61KB   15 downloads
Attached File  15063.JPG   102.3KB   14 downloads

Mods:

Whipple 2.3 Litre Twin Screw Supercharger @ 18psi
60 lb/hr Fuel Injectors
SCT Mass Air Meter
Dual Focus Fuel Pumps
Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body
Autometer Boost & Fuel Pressure Gauges
JDM CAI (Jim DiAmore, not "Japanese Domestic Market")
Superchips Custom Tuning Switch Chip
UPR Off Road Catless X-pipe
Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust
Centerforce DFX Clutch
Liberty 26 spline transmission input shaft
Centerforce Throw out bearing
QA1 Rear Drag Shocks
JDM Pinion Snubber
Billetflow IRS Brace
Level 5 DSS Half Shafts (good up to 900 rwhp)
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Nitto NT555R Drag Radials for the street
Mickey Thompson Drag Slicks for the track

Mods waiting to go in:
Attached File  New_Parts.JPG   98.97KB   11 downloads

LFP Intercooler Resivoir (3 times larger the stock)
LFP Heat Exchanger
Snow Performance Methanol Injection "Boost Cooler"

622 rear wheel horsepower, 570 rear wheel torque on pump gas (race fuel tune about 20 more hp)

For those that don't understand advertised crank (or "brake") horsepower vs. rear wheel horsepower, there's about 15% hp loss through the drivetrain to the wheels. So, my car makes approx 730 hp at the crank. ALL auto manufacturers advertise "brake" hp numbers.

For example, 2006 Corvette...advertised 400 brake hp. If it was put on a chassis dyno to read the horsepower at the wheels, it would put down closer to 340 rear wheel horsepower. And I make 622 rear wheel hp. So, you get the picture. lol Not many cars on the street that can beat me.

This is my daily driver. :evil:

Edited by DanKBudZ, 24 June 2005 - 02:07 PM.

#6 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

Dank, that was impressive.hmmmmm. if yer going to lebanon maybe doc seuss can give u a run for your money with his galant. we're expecting 12's. prolly high 12's tho. well regardeless, maybe we can meet up, thatd be sweet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe we'll meet up. Its a long drive for me, but I do plan on going this summer. If i'm not in the mid - high 10's by then, the car is getting set on fire. :20:

#7 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:53 AM

Sweet Cobra man. That's a mean f*ckin car!

#8 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

how much $$$ did all those mods cost you?? seems like it would be a fairly high amount

#9 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

how much $$$ did all those mods cost you?? seems like it would be a fairly high amount

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Car was $29,000

Mods, labor, and tuning: approx $15,000 so far.

Its a lot. But total it up (abt $44,000) and I figure, for less then the price of a brand new Corvette, I have a car that is faster then any stock production car ever built.

Now that i've achieved this milestone, lol, i'm taking it much further.

Starting September: New shortblock: $4,000. C4 auto racing transmission: $7,000. Hellion T-76 single turbo kit: $6,000. Full return style fuel system: $2,000. All NHRA required safety equipment (roll cage, 5 pt harness, halon fire extinguishing system, scatter shield, and driveshaft loop): approx $3,700.

Then it'll be finished, have about 950 to 1300 rear wheel horsepower (depending on how much boost I run), and still be my daily driver, well weekend driver. I will compete in the True Street class against similar Cobras and street cars. But i'm really going after them pesky 1200 hp Supras. Competition is fierce in the True Street class. I'm really looking forward to it. Mid 8's @ 150 mph is sick in a street legal car.

Then I can start on my Fox Body Mustang (80's style 5.0) dedicated drag car for Outlaw 10.5 racing. That will be built from the ground up starting with a rolling chassis (no motor or trans) for around $1,500. Then it gets a nice 500 ci big block, powerglide transmission, narrowed 9 inch rear, and a 300 shot of nitrous oxide. That car I will be building myself in my garage. Should take me about 8 months and approx $20,000. Starting that project, hopefully, around this time next year. It'll run in the high 7's, low 8's @ 165 - 185 mph. :evil:

Edited by DanKBudZ, 24 June 2005 - 04:33 PM.

#10 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

Maybe we'll meet up. Its a long drive for me, but I do plan on going this summer. If i'm not in the mid - high 10's by then, the car is getting set on fire. :20:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude, if u set it on fire, thatd be depressing. that sh*t is crazy already, no need for that. but i love american muscle. but its also cool to make 4cylinder cars run the same times :tup:

#11 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

i'm all about the american muscle. i should be putting a 327 racing engine in my car later this summer if all goes well.. and by going well i mean hopefully the 305 i have now dies lol

#12 tehpwnage

tehpwnage

Lurker

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

That's a nice car dank.. I wish I had the money to put into a car like that.. That engine looks jammed packed full of sh*t.. thanks for posting the pictures, I enjoyed looking at them.. you going to put the beaner NOS system in there? Or just going to use american muscle 100%?

#13 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:59 PM

dude, if u set it on fire, thatd be depressing. that sh*t is crazy already, no  need for that. but i love american muscle. but its also cool to make 4cylinder cars run the same times :tup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha it was a joke. By set it on fire, I really mean sell for like $35,000. lol

Yeah, theres some Evo's and DSM's running around with crazy hp. Running low 10's. But they're about maxxed out there. Theres a FEW in the high 9's with a built stroker motor, GT42R turbo, nitrous oxide, and methanol injection. But they're not going to go much faster then that. Don't get me wrong, low 10's - high 9's is f*cking fast. I love the 4 cyl Evos and DSMs hitting those times. I respect anything fast. But there's only so much you can do with 4 cylinders.

#14 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:05 AM

i'm all about the american muscle. i should be putting a 327 racing engine in my car later this summer if all goes well.. and by going well i mean hopefully the 305 i have now dies lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know exactly what you mean. I'm pushing the stock motor to its limit, for the most part, so I blow it up and have an excuse to replace it. lol

BTW....what car do you have. Camaro, Mustang? You boring out that 305 to 327 or stroking it? Good luck with it. And drive it like you stole it!! :tup:

Edited by DanKBudZ, 25 June 2005 - 12:08 AM.

#15 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

That's a nice car dank.. I wish I had the money to put into a car like that.. That engine looks jammed packed full of sh*t.. thanks for posting the pictures, I enjoyed looking at them.. you going to put the beaner NOS system in there? Or just going to use american muscle 100%?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, man.

Yeah, the 4.6 Litre Dual Overhead Cam V8 is a pretty big piece. Definately not as compact as the LS1, LT1, etc. But they're pushrod motors with a single cam, where as there's 4 cam shafts in my motor. Then, literally on top of the motor is a 2.3 Litre Twin screw supercharger. It has its downsides, like its heavy and smaller displacement. But that can all be fixed with an aluminum block, and stroker kit. There's more Pro' sthen Con's. But thats debatable.

I do not plan on using nitrous. I am adding methanol/water injection which acts like NOS (gas spraying directly into intake). But that just cools off the air going into the motor (which makes little hp). More importantly, the methanol is approx 170 octane. having that sprayed into the cylinders with regular 93 octane pump gas allows me to add a sh*t load of timing. I have about 17 degrees timing in my tune now. But with methanol, I will be able to safely run 26 degrees timing without detonation (which causes the air fuel ratio to go lean and in turn the motor gets so hot it melts the pistons. thats one way to blow your motor). And each degree of timing retard is worth about 10 horsepower. It should add close to 75 horsepower at the wheels.

SO, the meth kit is similar to nitrous, but much different. Its MUCH cheaper, but makes less hp. And is harder to tune with. But a bottle lasts longer, costs a fraction of the price, and helps engine longevity.

#16 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:29 PM

BTW....what car do you have. Camaro, Mustang? You boring out that 305 to 327 or stroking it? Good luck with it. And drive it like you stole it!! :tup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha i drive a 1979 chevy caprice classic. i would be taking out the 305 and replacing it with a rebuilt 327 with racing components..about 300rwhp

my car weighs 5000 lbs, it wont be a racer or a real contender, but i'll whoop the sh*t out of any 4 bangers with a large muffler tip lol

next summer when i get a 06 or 07 mustang GT i'll start moding to get serious horsepower

#17 DanKBudZ

DanKBudZ

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:35 PM

haha i drive a 1979 chevy caprice classic. i would be taking out the 305 and replacing it with a rebuilt 327 with racing components..about 300rwhp

my car weighs 5000 lbs, it wont be a racer or a real contender, but i'll whoop the sh*t out of any 4 bangers with a large muffler tip lol

next summer when i get a 06 or 07 mustang GT i'll start moding to get serious horsepower

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha thats cool. did police use caprice's in '79? that be sweet running around in an old cop car, thats actually fast. lol (despite what people think, police cars are teh slowness)

Good luck with the Stang. Its a great platform to start with if you're looking to mod. The aftermarket performance parts industry is HUGE for the stangs.

#18 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

i've a seen a rig do 13 at the motorplex, beat that

#19 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member