35 replies to this topic

#1 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:27 PM

i never played the orinal quake games so i dont know much about the gameplay. i played doom3 and i loved that game. i know a lot of you dont so you aint gotta say that. but i liked doom and quake looks shockingly similar. atleast the screens. but i dont like games like unreal tourn...or tribes where the guns are like lazers and rockets. i like more realistic games, not by damage but i like the more modern guns that have bullets not sh*t you gotta aim 10 feet in front of someone which ruins online play. so is quake like that or not?

#2 anadate

anadate

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

not sure on the quake question but on the fact that you liked doom 3 if you liked the game itself less than the multi you might try cold fear starts a little slow though..

#3 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

Lets not get into Doom 3 topics again

I played quake 3 it was pretty good but there is lasers. almost all of the guns are lasers. It seems like this game will be good and Ill probably buy it

#4 Irisheyez

Irisheyez

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:28 PM

Always a good game. Very fast paced of course , but It's fun.

plust ET : Quake Wars will be out soon and after that RTCW 2 =) wooot.

#5 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:36 PM

Oh yeah that reminds me... any of you ever play Enemy Territory? that game was awesome..like 2 years ago... i used to be the best of the best in that game.. believe or not... but im telling the truth.. i was one of the best players in that game.. now, not so much after BF 1942 and CS:S... :33:

#6 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:53 PM

hell yeah I played RTCW, but SINGLEPLAYER! :1: Don't think I ever tried multi... Loved the game though. RTCW2?? *drools*
Anyway, as long as Q4 is the opposite of Q3 (I despised that game) I'll be willing to overlook the fact that it's built with the Doom 3 engine.

#7 Dr. White

Dr. White

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:11 PM

hell yeah I played RTCW, but SINGLEPLAYER! :1: Don't think I ever tried multi... Loved the game though. RTCW2?? *drools*
Anyway, as long as Q4 is the opposite of Q3 (I despised that game) I'll be willing to overlook the fact that it's built with the Doom 3 engine.

Well, the multi was fun, and yes Return to Castle WOlfenstien on the D3 engine = my balls in a vice grip for id.

I liked doom 3, not what they said it would be, way too overhyped, but still an all around decent game (but not the best). Quake one is unplayable IMO, 2 is great, and 3 was fun for a bit.

Expect Quake 4 to be a sequal to 2 (not just multiplayer like 3) and Quake Wars tro be something of... hmm... a fullout war with stroggs and humans.

SHould be good, only time will tell.

#8 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:20 PM

Movie DOOM is coming out!! :weee:

#9 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:37 PM

Movie DOOM is coming out!! :weee:

when?

#10 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:49 PM

when?

October 21st! :tup:

#11 Dr. White

Dr. White

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

October 21st! :tup:

I wouldn't go. Just MAN, STOP YOURSELF!

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER!

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:58 PM

lol, who is the lead charachter? There was talk about it a long time ago, Arnold was supposed to have lead. But I think the Govenator is busy with calling politicians 'girly men' etc :1:
BTW, Quake 1 was the 1337est of them all ffs! The grandfather of modern 3D shooters! Pretty much as old school as it gets for me. Didn't really get into gaming before that... I mean I played Doom and all but it didn't really stick to me like Quake did.

#13 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

not to get off topic. but i just got done watching some quake 4 movies. i think im going to get it. not right away. with school, work, and FEAR, i think ill be busy for a while. ill get cod2 and quake 4 sometime though fo sho. i hear its nothing like the quake series, but ive never played them but it looks like a doom3 to me.

#14 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

lol, who is the lead charachter? There was talk about it a long time ago, Arnold was supposed to have lead. But I think the Govenator is busy with calling politicians 'girly men' etc :1:
BTW, Quake 1 was the 1337est of them all ffs! The grandfather of modern 3D shooters! Pretty much as old school as it gets for me. Didn't really get into gaming before that... I mean I played Doom and all but it didn't really stick to me like Quake did.

The Rock was going to play the leading role, but then took the secondary one, because, as he said, it was more interesting for him. I like The Rock actually. Hes done a really good job in The Rundown, Be Cool, and etc. Ive seen some trailers, i love how they have 1st person views once in a while, no one have ever done that.. at least ive never seen it done anywhere.

#15 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:17 AM

i just watched a trailer for quake 4.. its so much different. i mean, it used to be just you alone, blowing off misshapen heads of retarded monsters... now, its just some kind of war. similar to cod; gameplay-wise. looked weird to me. ill play it anyways. the graphics look amazing, but dont they all in all of these new high-tech games.

#16 Haven

Haven

This bacon is stinky

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:12 AM

Quake 4 will have me up at 8 AM and at bestbuy to get my already preordered copy, Quake 3 was awesome, and Quake 4 is sure to blow doom 3 and UT2004 out of the water. This game will give Half Life2 a run for there money.....get it.

#17 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:42 PM

Quake 4 will have me up at 8 AM and at bestbuy to get my already preordered copy, Quake 3 was awesome, and Quake 4 is sure to blow doom 3 and UT2004 out of the water. This game will give Half Life2 a run for there money.....get it.

i download most of my games, so ill definitely play it.
the only games i buy are the onces i want to play online, like CS, DoD (which i still havent bought.. but might go rob Best Buy later tonight; thanks for the tip, Derek :dork: )

#18 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:46 AM

i never played the orinal quake games so i dont know much about the gameplay. i played doom3 and i loved that game. i know a lot of you dont so you aint gotta say that. but i liked doom and quake looks shockingly similar. atleast the screens. but i dont like games like unreal tourn...or tribes where the guns are like lazers and rockets. i like more realistic games, not by damage but i like the more modern guns that have bullets not sh*t you gotta aim 10 feet in front of someone which ruins online play. so is quake like that or not?

i used to play quake at my baby sitters when i was younger(i kno, a strange game to let a kid your babysitting play.) it was the first game that i ever played that was a fps. The game just blew me away, I used to play it all the time. Quake 2 came out and topped the original. Quake 3 comes out, im all excited, find out its only multiplayer and it totally ruined me. What a lazy ass way to make a game(mind you quake 1 and 2 had multiplayer). Anyways, quake 4 doesnt look like the original 2 as far as setting which is a bit of a disappointment, but hell its a single player quake game and im most definitly buying it when it comes out.

#19 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:05 PM

yeah this game is getting bad reviews everywhere. less than 8 or a 7. i dont remember but man. the screens look nice for single player. screens for multi look like ass. i thought this would be a good game but ill wait for gamespots review.

#20 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

8.0 at gamespot :whatever:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users