20 replies to this topic

#1 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

First off I LOVE the realism in CSS. I never played the origional CS cuz I thought it sucked. (was totally into HLDM) And, yes, i was a Tau wh*re. From afar, CSS really looks as close to a bunch of assholes with very modern weaponry running around blasting the sh*t out of one another. However, one thing that pisses me off is how the players operate the M4. The first thing that is wrong is how the player charges (cocks) the firearm. The player clearly pulls on the forward assist to charge the firearm. This is used to jam the bolt forwards in case the shell doesnt enter the chamber all the way. The second thing that is wrong is that after firing each round, the little flap that covers the bolt flips up and down. This is used to keep dust and other crap out of the rifle when being carried. This is spring loaded and flips down when fired or the firearm is charged and has to be manually closed. The last thing that is wrong, which pisses me off the most, is how you have to cock the rifle after inserting every clip. Most every rifle in CSS keeps the bolt in the rearward position when firing the last shot in a magazine. M4s have a little switch on the left side of the gun that (after inserting a new magazine) you would press with your thumb that will release the bolt and chamber a round. Therefore you do not have to cock the rifle after inserting a new mag. (think about this when you get shot in the head next time while reloading) Valve obviously spent a LOT of time trying to make CSS as real as it can get, so why wouldlt they do a little research on how to operate each firearm in the game?? This makes no sense to me. BTW i am NOT nor ever have been in the military....

#2 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

you are what they call a super nerd.. make from left over pieces of other nerds

#3 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:12 PM

realism? in CS:S? thats the first... :20:

#4 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:29 PM

lol.... ummm its a game for crying out loud god!!!!!!!!!!! dont expect perfect grafics and all your realism things.

#5 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:14 PM

Yup cs isnt very realistic in the first place plus most people have skins that will fix all that sh*t if it really matters that much.

#6 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

OK fellas... I know its only a game, and a pretty damn fun one at that. I mean if a real grenade went off a foot from your face, no amount of body armor is going to save your ass. The only reason that im rantn and ravin is cuz it would have been very easy for them to fix this. They obviously spent a LOT of time on the weapons themselves. (they are ALL real) If you owned a real one, it would bother you :tup: And yes im a nerd...

#7 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

Getting a 12 gauge shell in the face at point blank and being able to walk away from it.. realism? That's what pisses me off the most.

#8 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:47 PM

theres no game ive ever played thats perfectly real world realism. i mean if any game had perfectly accurate guns as you would assume, with no recoil, than it wouldnt be any fun. taking the time to squat and get a perfect shot at the head without holding down on the trigger takes skill and time to get good at. thats what makes a good game a fun game. i dont want something i already know how to do perfectly. i could just go around killing people if i want realism

#9 ArabianKing19

ArabianKing19

Lurker

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:16 PM

lol u call the side thing by the m4 realism ahahah. God that thing in real life is used for if the gun is jammed . You are so funny postin something that u dont know of.

TUTARA

Edited by ArabianKing19, 08 October 2005 - 09:18 PM.

#10 CakeCutter

CakeCutter

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:34 PM

i could care less about the realizum(cant spell) of the guns...but i could understand complaining about the realism of getting shot 8 times with a glock and not limping or dieing. Or how the AWP can kill a man in the foot....not to realistic..unless he died of blood loss

Theres people that have been shot alot more than that with a glock without kevlar on and are still living today, and about the awp I know if I was shot by one Id go into shock.

I didnt even read the first posters giant paragraph but I from what I understand hes saying that cs isnt very real which I totally agree with. No games realistic to exact, but I mean those f*ckin laggy hitboxes just piss me off so much and I usually will quit playing after I die caused by them

#11 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:45 AM

I think such things are modified so it might balance the weapon in the game against other weapons. most powerful/accurate weapons in have longer loading times than usual. if realism was the case we shouldn't be able to keep reloading our weapons with full ammo after firing only 10 rounds. unless you cary 20 cartridges with you you should be out of fully loaded cartridges after 4 for 5 reload and start usuing half used cartridges. though thats not the case, I believe most weapons are modified in a way or other to balance it out in the game against its counterparts. umm cs was never realistic anyway :)

#12 zepto

zepto

Lurker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:31 PM

I see what you're saying and share your frustration. I mean, I can overlook the small things, like all of the charcters looking exactly the same, and the way gernades don't actually break walls, ceilings or the floors. I even can look past the political quandry of how a group of terrorists made it onto American soil and overtook a complete office, leaving only 4 stupid guys who are too stoned to be scared of death. I even don't mind that the best counter-terrorists can't form a better plan than "camp the garage", but hell...when those f*cks make the m4 kick back a tad inaccurate, well that sir, is just wrong.

#13 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:57 PM

first of all that isnt the foward assist he hits every time, you are a total idiot. :D (jk bro)... yeah , the thing that pisses me off the most is the right handed model uses a lefty m4 whichis actually non existent... the bullet is thrown out the right side of the m4... everything else is right though haha

#14 Irisheyez

Irisheyez

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:15 PM

realism? in CS:S? thats the first... :20:

Enough Said ...... :tup:

Theres people that have been shot alot more than that with a glock without kevlar on and are still living today, and about the awp I know if I was shot by one Id go into shock.

We call those people very very lucky. Ive seen a man die from 1 wound from a glock.

and an AWP meh , a sniper rifle is a sniper rile in real life , they'll all f*ck you up. As for the only hand held gun I would ever fear. M1 Barrett, f*cking insane.

Edited by Irisheyez, 15 October 2005 - 12:17 PM.

#15 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:57 PM

I even don't mind that the best counter-terrorists can't form a better plan than "camp the garage",

I do... i wish the counter terrorists (and t's) could form actuall PLANS... i mean that would so awesome.. like strike teams doing flanks and sh*t like that... that would be so awesome... but thats impossible because everyone just does whatever they want..

#16 mattr1

mattr1

Cappettaaa

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:57 PM

nova dude im sorry but that had nothing to do with realism with the guns and everything haha.... wow im tired

#17 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:21 AM

well now people are talking about the overall realism of the game.. and if it were more realistic... it would have plans.. and strike teams... which would be cool..

#18 ArabianKing19

ArabianKing19

Lurker

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

Yo bro there is something called scrims man lol. You can have al that in scrims. By the way were the bullets come out in the left model are wrong like u said so i dont know why were postin about relism in a game cause its just a GAME. All i have to say :).

#19 Uchiha Itachi

Uchiha Itachi

Lurker

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:24 AM

if your complaining about realism get Americas Army thats realistic. but not nearly as good as CS:S! i like cs:s i dont really care if you need to push a button or not ill die anyway :D

#20 Atmosphere

Atmosphere

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

Wait a sec...when you die in real life theres no respawning... :malace:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users