20 replies to this topic

#1 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

Kk, i was wondering if any of you had any input on car audios. i wanna buy a stereo for mah 2004 Jetta GLI sedan. Cd-player (+mp3) and speakers (woofer optional, but would be nice, if its not too expensive).

Anyway, i will probably be buying it sometime july, but just want to figure out what to aim for. Just add up all the money i need to make for my comp+gf's bday+dad bday and the car audio..

So whats good out there? I prolly would be aiming somewhere for no more than 500$, but all depends how much ill have?? :wtf:

I looked up a pioneer single cd-player. its a bit expensive.. check it out. a deh-p7800mp, and there is another one for twice as less deh-p6800mp - the display quality is not as good as the 7800, but it is still way better than my stock player :dork:

As for the speakers, ive been checking out PolkAudio. I heard there were pretty good.
Polk

I dno, this was a first, quick research.
Tell me what you think and suggest. :perk:

Thanks.

#2 Yatzee_Squirrel

Yatzee_Squirrel

Kimber

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:39 AM

my suggestion would be to quit looking on the pioneer website for cd players first of all...jk

really though you do not need the most expensive cd player with the most lights and little stupid aninmation things on it that you can find, you just want somthing that is gonna play a cd. i had a pioneer pos basic ass cd player that worked great until it got stolen. i would just go to a best buy or somthing and pick out one that you like and then find it on the internet for less and buy it there

as far as speakers go i have had the sony xplode 5x6s in my truck for a couple of years now and love them. they put out great sound for the money and i have never had any problem with them

as for subs you def want them they add so much more to the kool factor and they sound good too :tup: as far as picking the subs just find some in your price range and go for it (once again the xplodes put out lots of sound and dont have that big of a price tag)

just my opinion hope it helps

#3 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:13 AM

Honesty, get a new Deck first. And see how much of a difference that makes. I picked up a decent JVC deck last year for my WRX and it made a huge difference with just the stock speakers. I purposly picked up a cheaper one so that people wouldn't be as "interested". I've already had a car broken in to and they stole my deck, amp, sub. Last time I buy something for someone else. I had a Kenwood Excelon in my last car and that had much better quality on stock speakrs as well.

#4 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:38 AM

I have the older pioneer DEH-670mp and I gotta say that for headunits, pioneer is up there. Those ones you picked out will defly do you more than good. As for hooking it up to stock speakers.. You'll notice the difference in loudness but not quality. 99% of the speakers stock are cardboard cones. I have competition speakers in my car only b/c I got a good deal on them, (Memphis Audio) but if you install some decent quality speakers, you'll notice the difference.

#5 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

Oh don't get me wrong.. OEM speakers aren't great. But adding a new head unit will make a difference. The problem I came across when I was looking upgrade mine is that you really need to insulate the doors or well.. rattle city from what I gather.

#6 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:20 AM

This might sound funny but go Alpine you won't regret it.

I have the Alpine 9847
Posted Image

Yes it changes colors but also is very good at navigating through 100+ mp3s and made my stock speakers sound very good

#7 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:43 PM

Right.
I know Alpine is a good company.
Imma be still looking around. I think my question whether there are companies that are the best in this business (with reasonable prices) - sound/control/look wise.

I wanna install it all - cd-player, speakers, and woofah. However, i dont have that much money to spend. As i said, probably no more than 500$.

I, personally, like those Pioneer cd-playaz. The 7800 is too expensive though..

Lost, im not following you a lil... ive never dealt with car audios, so im unsure on what youre getting at. Can you elaborate on that subject? :dork:

#8 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

Heh.. Ok. I'll try and put it a different way.

$500 can get you some speakers and a new deck. If you want a Sub and Amp, its definitely going to break your limit. So the best thing to do would be to get a nice deck with some good pre-outs in case you decide to get an Amp and Sub later on.

Pioneer makes some really good decks. Unless you get the absolute cheapest one it will most likely satisfy your needs. Also Alpine (more $$$) and Kenwood. Just go on http://www.crutchfield.com or http://www.sounddomain.com or whereever you can find more reviews of a deck you are looking at. Some of the organic/fancy displays are almost impossible to read if its sunny outside. If you have polarized sunglasses they don't help either.

Some places sell or have free install kits and wiring harnesses. If you can, GET ONE. It will make installing your deck SOOOO much easier.

When you are choosing speakers you have to take into account the depth of the speakers and make sure they will fit (depth wise and in case you up-size). Some of the better speakers have big magnets, you don't want those touching the inside of your door. You can buy kits or get them custom made that will allow you to mount deep speakers in your doors. Not sure the best place to buy these. Crutchfield or sounddomain might have them for you.

As far as the insulation goes. People put stuff like brown bread (thats what its called) on the inside of their doors. Its not expensive, but its a really tedious process. Sometimes if you get new speakers, the amount of base they make might resonate in the doors (or trunk if you have a sub), and insulating will generally cure this. It will also make the bass more defined since you are in essensce making a more sealed casing for your speakers.

I got my deck from Sounddomain. Crutchfield wouldn't ship to Canada so I had no choice.

#9 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

I see.
How much would you end up paying if you wanted someone to install it for you? :dork:

#10 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:42 PM

my cuz has a flip out dvd player with a touch screen which is really cool cause he has his ipod wired up to it with the ipod out of site in his glove box. he navigates through the ipod using the touch screen. also idk why but i though that this was cool, he has a back up camera and you can ride down the road and watch all the people you leave in the dust. I would like to do the same thing but an ipod is about 250 and the touch screen thing was about 900 plus back up camera how ever much that is lol.

#11 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

Kk, i was wondering if any of you had any input on car audios. i wanna buy a stereo for mah 2004 Jetta GLI sedan. Cd-player (+mp3) and speakers (woofer optional, but would be nice, if its not too expensive).

Anyway, i will probably be buying it sometime july, but just want to figure out what to aim for. Just add up all the money i need to make for my comp+gf's bday+dad bday and the car audio..

So whats good out there? I prolly would be aiming somewhere for no more than 500$, but all depends how much ill have?? :wtf:

I looked up a pioneer single cd-player. its a bit expensive.. check it out. a deh-p7800mp, and there is another one for twice as less deh-p6800mp - the display quality is not as good as the 7800, but it is still way better than my stock player :dork:

As for the speakers, ive been checking out PolkAudio. I heard there were pretty good.
Polk

I dno, this was a first, quick research.
Tell me what you think and suggest. :perk:

Thanks.

ok, i have a DEH-P7800MP in my integra right now!!!!!! it
is not just lights and stupid movies, and that is not why i bought it. it has all the audio options to keep you busy for a week! and you can hook up two amps in two diff chanels! bamm. i also have a ROCKFORD fosgate 360.2 mono sub amp. and a rockford power dual two uohm stage 2 sub, whitch is briged to both chanels of the amp.

so for decks i say look at pioneer and clerion. alpine is just as good as pioneer but more $$$ for the same features.
for amps. rockford. or for the best name in amps just go with JL audio.
what ever you do just remember, you get what you pay for! :tup:

check out the prices at onlinecarstereo

if you get some stuf and you cant figure out how to set it up just pm me and i can give you a hand.

Edited by wyte mafia, 27 March 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#12 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:37 PM

ok, i have a DEH-P7800MP in my integra right now!!!!!! it
is not just lights and stupid movies, and that is not why i bought it. it has all the audio options to keep you busy for a week! and you can hook up two amps in two diff chanels! bamm. i also have a ROCKFORD fosgate 360.2 mono sub amp. and a rockford power dual two uohm stage 2 sub, whitch is briged to both chanels of the amp.
so for decks i say look at pioneer and clerion. alpine is just as good as pioneer but more $$$ for the same features.
for amps. rockford. or for the best name in amps just go with JL audio.
what ever you do just remember, you get what you pay for! :tup:

check out the prices at onlinecarstereo

if you get some stuf and you cant figure out how to set it up just pm me and i can give you a hand.

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

What about speakers?

my cuz has a flip out dvd player with a touch screen which is really cool cause he has his ipod wired up to it with the ipod out of site in his glove box. he navigates through the ipod using the touch screen. also idk why but i though that this was cool, he has a back up camera and you can ride down the road and watch all the people you leave in the dust. I would like to do the same thing but an ipod is about 250 and the touch screen thing was about 900 plus back up camera how ever much that is lol.

Lol...
Yeah... also add a navigation syster for a couple thou.. :dork: :dork:

#13 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:20 PM

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

What about speakers?
Lol...
Yeah... also add a navigation syster for a couple thou.. :dork: :dork:

CHECH THIS OUT! if you give me a price on how much you would like to spend on door speakers alone than it would be easier to find the perfect match. also, if you can find out what size speakers fit in your ride it will help.
JL audio, prob more than you want to spend but what the hell!
but for the time being look at this.mb quart RCE-216
PIONEER TS-C160R. this would be perfect with a matching deck

i recomend getting a "component" door speaker setup. the diff is, a component door setup has 2 speaker's for mids and 2 speaker's for highs. instead of 2 speakers with it all in one. there is much better sound when you have each speaker doing its own thing without vibration from extra stuf on the cone.

Edited by wyte mafia, 27 March 2006 - 06:21 PM.

#14 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

So, the component door speakers will be sold separate, correct?

I really like the pioneer setup. Basically, i order it online and install myself??

#15 Alpine

Alpine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:38 PM

which cousin is this?

#16 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:59 PM

CHECH THIS OUT! if you give me a price on how much you would like to spend on door speakers alone than it would be easier to find the perfect match. also, if you can find out what size speakers fit in your ride it will help.
JL audio, prob more than you want to spend but what the hell!
but for the time being look at this.mb quart RCE-216
PIONEER TS-C160R. this would be perfect with a matching deck
i recomend getting a "component" door speaker setup. the diff is, a component door setup has 2 speaker's for mids and 2 speaker's for highs. instead of 2 speakers with it all in one. there is much better sound when you have each speaker doing its own thing without vibration from extra stuf on the cone.

I like the pioneer one. So, 175$ for just one speaker?

#17 *3RD sfg* killswitch

*3RD sfg* killswitch

"Nope, That Instantly made it worse."

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:16 PM

heres what i had in my crx before i sold it. since i am going to iraq for a year dont need it... ya see...
my audio in the CRX

#18 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:54 PM

I like the pioneer one. So, 175$ for just one speaker?

for the 175 you get the whole set up (speakers and such). you get two 6" mids, and two 2'' tweaters. plus two high pass crossovers. and if you get the really nice one it also has two little amps for the sh*t to realy pump(but you dont need that, the pioneer deck has plenty of watts)

Edited by wyte mafia, 29 March 2006 - 07:55 PM.

#19 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:02 AM

for the 175 you get the whole set up (speakers and such). you get two 6" mids, and two 2'' tweaters. plus two high pass crossovers. and if you get the really nice one it also has two little amps for the sh*t to realy pump(but you dont need that, the pioneer deck has plenty of watts)

So, do you think the pioneer one is worth it? Its a good price! Or is there anything better for the same price? :tup:

#20 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

So, do you think the pioneer one is worth it? Its a good price! Or is there anything better for the same price? :tup:

i would get the pioneer, just make sure you find out what size speaker fits in your door's. you can go to the crutchfield web site and enter in your model and make and it will filter it for you , then go to door speakers and see what size they list. :tup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users