20 replies to this topic

#1 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:20 PM

so i was on the pantless clan servers (they have 8 servers) and the admins all had their own skin. they were all black and said admin on their leg. they use the same mod as us. i was wondering if anyone boss guys would be interested in looking more into this for our servers. i think its better to have the admins undercover more to see what people on the servrs do. but what if the admins had a boss tag on their shirt? only if they wanted it. i thought it was pretty cool. im not suggesting it im just pointing it out, i think its a cool lil thing to do. maybe not for our servers tho bc theres too many trash talkers and were not a clan.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, it'd be a good idea. But, at the same time that would require people to download something before they enter for the first time. And that can cause people to shy away from the server.

Still a good idea.

#3 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:32 PM

I have been to a server like that once and i thought it was really cool. I would be willing to wear the new skin as long as it didn't make the server load time too long a few extra seconds never hurt anyone.

i vote :tup:

#4 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

I dunno.. we'd lose the ability to be steath admin and bust some chops whilst in-cognito..

#5 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

I dunno.. we'd lose the ability to be steath admin and bust some chops whilst in-cognito..

He didn't say make it manditory. Just for those whom choose to wear it.

#6 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:38 PM

it would be simple enough to do and if we wanted to be incognito we'd just have to move it from our cstrike folder... not that much work involved.

Its really no different than adding the (@) after our name other than being slightly more noticeable.

I'm for it

#7 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

Oh I figured it would just come up for admins automatically.. :perk:

Not such a bad idea then..

Edited by Lost, 03 April 2006 - 02:45 PM.

#8 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

Oh I figured it would just come up for admins automatically.. :perk:

Not such a bad idea then..

actually... come to think of it. It would prolly be loaded onto the server and linked with our steamID rather than on our computer and flagged by the server. I was thinking it in the context of how my weapon skins work... but its not like everyone else can see them. So yeah it would prolly have to load on the server. In that case, we could tie them by name... just like you can ban by name and stuff.

ex BoSS|RogueAlly.@ = skinned
BoSS|RogueAlly = normal

#9 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

It sounds cool actually. I don't wear admin tag because sooner or later i will lose it, since i can't donate in regular basis. but, hell yeah, sounds cool. as long as it is something small to download, no heavy textures or sounds or somehting.

#10 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:02 PM

its loaded to the steam id, bc there were other admins on who didnt have any special skin. infact just one of the admins had the admin skin.

or maybe all the dedicated boss guys could have a boss tag on the back of their shirt....

would be a lot of work to lod it to all the skins on both teams and then connect them to steam id's to those who deservce an official boss tag. just an idea, i dont know how hard this is to do.

#11 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

well at any rate of the difficulty, I'm for it and am willing to help make this whole thing work if we* choose to do it.

* we really means Shadow

#12 darth d1zzy

darth d1zzy

Daedric Lord

• Banned
  • 525 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:40 PM

the admin skin thing would really do much. it justs tells people ur an admin
but the boss gamers logo on the models would be really gcool
the thing is is would take shadow alot of time to put all the steamids in the servers

#13 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:45 PM

I agree, this would be very tight if we did this. You got a thumbs up from me..
I just dont know if shadow's gunna go for it or not.. we'll have to see

#14 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

the admin skin thing would really do much. it justs tells people ur an admin
but the boss gamers logo on the models would be really gcool
the thing is is would take shadow alot of time to put all the steamids in the servers

well it would really be a simple cut and paste. The forum is set to identify dedicated users and admins already. For those of us with admin status... he has our steamID. For the dedicated members, by the simple fact that they are dedicated their steamID is easy to get. All told he wouldnt really have over 100.. so, cut and paste.

Edited by RogueAlly, 03 April 2006 - 03:51 PM.

#15 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

lol, all these guys trying to say it's not that hard for shadow to do it... heh. You have no idea how long it takes, so why are you saying it's an easy copy and paste job?

I love this mod, but a lot of people just leave when they have to download anything, so he probably won't do it.

#16 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:59 PM

lol, all these guys trying to say it's not that hard for shadow to do it... heh. You have no idea how long it takes, so why are you saying it's an easy copy and paste job?

I love this mod, but a lot of people just leave when they have to download anything, so he probably won't do it.

well we could make it a server 3 thing even tho that happens to be mostly dedicated/admin anyway... :?:

But yeah I guess I dont know enough about the servers to say. I just assumed it would be easy to load the skin and then just bind it to an ID. It took him like 10 seconds to load my ID to admin.

#17 NC Derek

NC Derek

tired of boss crap

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:01 PM

if it requires downloads, then no. i really like the fact you can go in our servers without all those gay materials and sound downloads. but if its doable and easy and doesnt require those long downloads before joining, i think it would be nice.

#18 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

I dont care.
Longer load = gay = no.

#19 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:43 PM

I dont care.
Longer load = gay = no.

it would prolly mess with your framerate too

#20 *3RD sfg* killswitch

*3RD sfg* killswitch

"Nope, That Instantly made it worse."

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:47 PM

ya i say no there are many admins on the servers that dont put the @ at the end of there names for one reason or another, so i dont think that they will like to have their skins all crazy and what not. just my opinion....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users