21 replies to this topic

#1 Fluke

Fluke

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

shadow can we possibly get the server rules again.... mostly for the new admin but also for everyone cause i have noticed lately that many ppl have different interpretations of the rules and some slay/kick/ban/slap when others dont... mostly has to do with the camping issue.

#2 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:24 PM

yeah i had a problem with that today with some ct's in server 2 telling me how they were gonna do what they wanted, then they quoted to me what it says when you enter the server and they were correct it says nothing about ct's camping sniper rooms. or anything else

Edited by Billy Pumper, 06 April 2006 - 08:24 PM.

#3 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

Yeah having a cardinal set of rules posted for us to follow would ease some problems. I know sob corrected me about t's camping sniper rooms the other day. Easiest way to get the admins all on the same page with general guidelines. In the end I still think the admins should be able to make case by case calls though, provided they aren't abusing their power.

#4 iMSeRiOuS

iMSeRiOuS

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

yeah just post it up so you can remind every admin... or member of the rules

#5 Inertia

Inertia

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the clarification, I was assuming that sniper rooms were off limits to all players.

#6 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for the clarification, I was assuming that sniper rooms were off limits to all players.

nah i asked shadow recently, he says they can camp whereever they please. so don't punish them or something for that.

#7 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:28 PM

Well, here is the point to it. when the t's get to the sniper rooms, it will be late in the game. Time for the search+destroy and not camp for the rest of the CT's to run by.

#8 Nagash

Nagash

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:38 PM

I was told by older admins that T's can go into the snipers to see if any CT's are camping it but they can not stay in there and camp. They are allowed to pass through just like a CT can.

#9 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:43 PM

Well, pretty much. Just be a little lenient about the T's camping in there but if it gets mundane or they piss you off, let em have it.

Or just let Shadow come in here and clarify it all for us.

#10 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:52 PM

Letting Ts camp in the sniper rooms is a little too much, i think. I let them camp anywhere in the office, but i do not let them camp anywhere out of it (just slap em to make them get their move on). I think it is really unfair to CTs. Thats just my opinion, and imma stick to it - Ban me.

#11 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:14 AM

And also, lets remember what Shadow said before. There should be no camping at all, really. Office is for constant running and gunning. Hence why there are no snipes or flashes. That can rule out the whole "tactics" thing you young whipper snappers are always talking about.

#12 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:08 AM

ok, a Little more clearification...

So, If your a Terrorist on it, Just speed that sh*t up, Camping is frowned upon due to the deathmatch style of office which makes it so good...

When four people are camping Terrorist hall, Just say Can you please speed it up and stop camping or w/e to make the rounds go faster.

If that fails or w/e, a few slaps should do I guess, if they are rude and say some stupid sh*t back to you, show em ur fist :)

#13 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:49 AM

in other words, give T enough time to check sniper rooms and look out the window for a few seconds. Same thing with camping a hall toward the end of a round... give them a little time and then give them a gentle nudge in the right direction.

first person to complain finds out what its like when the gloves come off

#14 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

When the whole T team is camping PJ room like little fairies I'd like to see something done about it. As for long hall.. sure 4 ppl down there can be a little too much. Sometimes it is needed though. I don't see any reason for a T to camp sniper rooms, but if they wish to, sure. As long as they aren't like the only one left and are just trying to slow the round down. :tdown:

#15 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

well letting Ts check out the sniperrooms only was what i was doing before reading old rules posts. Because old rules says they are allowed in the SRooms. now it is cleared, I will make sure game goes faster now.

#16 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:35 PM

I also want to add that this is a big policy change on camping for Ts. We (shadow) should announce that to public, or we will have trouble in the servers. Most of the regular players thinks it is OK for Ts to camp. Maybe some repeating announcement in Servers or posting a sticky updated new camping rules in announcemnets section.

#17 poopsmcgee

poopsmcgee

The Lord of You

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:38 PM

Maybe an update to the rules banner that comes up when you connect would clarify things. I would also like to see an announcement on it about flashes/snipers so I don't have to see and hear "What? no flashes?" or "why no flashes?"

Howabout BIG RED LETTERS "If you wanna snipe or flash YOU ARE INDA WRONG PLACE...cholo."

Just a suggestion.

did I just go off topic?

Whoops

Edited by poopsmcgee, 07 April 2006 - 01:39 PM.

#18 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:43 PM

So this means T's can go into S rooms? I've basically let people go through, check sniper rooms. But if they camp or wait and shoot a bunch of people is when I start doing something about it. I'm more lenient on Ts though, because if they broke through garage, CTs are f*cked anyways, since they basically are oblivious to the fact that there isnt a magical wall behind them.

#19 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

So this means T's can go into S rooms? I've basically let people go through, check sniper rooms. But if they camp or wait and shoot a bunch of people is when I start doing something about it. I'm more lenient on Ts though, because if they broke through garage, CTs are f*cked anyways, since they basically are oblivious to the fact that there isnt a magical wall behind them.

read whole thread man. Shadow said something different about it. thread is not ended the same way it is started. heheh.

#20 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

I did read the whole thread. Just not comprehending it I guess. :wtf:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users