22 replies to this topic

#1 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:25 PM

So I, as was novahawk, was fooling around w/source sdk today and with mani a bit. And this is aimed toward shadow but you all can put ur input. I've played on some servers w/custom decals in their maps and you can add these easily w/the mapadverts.txt in the mani file. Basically, what I'm saying is, put like either a hall of fame or something like that in the back hall of cs_office, or put in the sniper rooms a decal that says, "CTS YOU CAMP HERE, YOU GET SLAYED" I think this would be really neat, maybe take a couple of hours to put together all the decals needed and such, I'd be willing to coordinate it and find the coordinates in the map to which each decal goes to. Just let me know, and give me all you opinions guys. Its not going to be tacky looking, just some cool stuff to add to the server :perk:

#2 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:39 PM

thats not a bad idea... would certainly ease the whining

#3 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:49 PM

AGREED
:perk:

#4 medel

medel

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:00 PM

nothing will ease the whining except for taking away the internet. I'm sorry, I refuse to believe it. :D
seriously, though, it's a pretty good idea to mark up the sniper rooms so that unless people are complete idiots they will realize they are doing something wrong. If I get very un-lazy, I'll make a mani plugin that auto-slays upon entering the sniper rooms. :D or maybe a countdown first... hmm, maybe I'll play with that next week instead of doing real work..

#5 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:18 PM

Yea, I have heard people ask what rooms the sniper rooms are. So I just say the one you just were slayed in. Yea, something like that and maybe a BoSS tag somewhere.

#6 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:33 PM

meaning people wont want to wait for the download and just quit the server....downloads ftl

decals are not big, sounds are bigger. and how many servers that have quake sounds are popular?? alot. i dont think ppl would mind 20 xtra seconds once for some cool decals, i know i wouldnt.

#7 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

As long as the servers load fast (quit M-E-Tech ftw).

#8 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:45 PM

I like the hall of fame. I nomonate Gaara for his knife skillz. (or lack thereof) Even though he really sucks at knifin, his persistence is worthy of Teh Hall 'o' Fame. :20:

#9 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:27 PM

In long hall all over the wall we should just put deathblooms rocks or something a hundred times..

#10 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:39 AM

Decals should be really quick to download.. I doubt that would cause much of a problem. I like the idea.

#11 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

I like the hall of fame. I nomonate Gaara for his knife skillz. (or lack thereof) Even though he really sucks at knifin, his persistence is worthy of Teh Hall 'o' Fame. :20:

i think the sniper room text would be nice any way, and i dont think it would take long go d/load a few things and sence its the only thing to dload i doubt ppl will shy away from the servers.

#12 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:28 AM

Really good idea, Wulf.
The count-down is nice trick, too. The moment you run into any of the sniper rooms, you have around 7 seconds to get out; otherwise, you get slain. It would add some excitement to the game, instead of frustration of the admins, because of dicks that camp.

I think we should look into both.
Just my two cents.

#13 Cleric

Cleric

Gun Kata

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:22 AM

I like the decal in the sniper rooms idea.

My only input two more in also and that would be it. One in the back of garage where CT spawn is saying "CT's don't camp," and the other in T spawn saying, "Don't Slay Hosties." The sniperroom and ct spawn ones I think would work. As for the T spawn I don't really know it might insight more hostie killings now that I think about it. Perhaps just SniperRoom and CT spawn.

#14 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:29 AM

i think the decal idea is sweet, it wouldn't take long to dl at all.

even if it did alot of you play in "robosex" servers and they have big downloads like musci and sh*t and there server is ALWAYS full

#15 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:52 AM

Maybe just the decals on server one and two but all the weird stuff robosex does on server 3 to maybe boost the traffic a bit. Just a thought.

#16 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:03 PM

I like the custom decal idea. Make one that looks like a parking sign that says "No camping, violators will be slain" or something to that effect :1:
Hall of Fame would probably take alot of decals so it might not be a good idea. But if we do we will have to have a pic of me peeking over the cabinets with an AK!

#17 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

If we implement a hall of fame. Put me down for most lucky SOB. :tup:

I like the idea of the signs in the sniper rooms. But the auto slay is gay. I enjoy just floating around and burning, blinding, gimping, freezing, druging, and slaping to death violators.

Edited by Ezekiel, 16 June 2006 - 12:28 PM.

#18 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:05 PM

How about a picture of me with "Doesn't have a real reason for being in hall of fame"

#19 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:28 PM

Yeah thanks for the input guys, I really think this would be fun/something new

but lets all wait until shadow gets a post on this before we all pee our pants... hehe

#20 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:02 PM

Yeah thanks for the input guys, I really think this would be fun/something new

but lets all wait until shadow gets a post on this before we all pee our pants... hehe

...too late. Excuse me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users