• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

There was some discussion on here awhile ago about 16k starting money, dunno if this is a plan that will go through or not.

One thing that gets annoying, is when join the server, and just give themselves money. Earlier tonight, nagash kept giving himself money, I (and 2 other people) asked for money, and he said "Terrorists are doing good, u dont need money." Said that right after he gave himself money earlier, while he was on Terrorist lol

Prior to that, ghozy was on, also giving himself money and nobody else. The people asking for money werent being dicks about it. I dunno what the rule is, so maybe my point here isn't even valid, it just seems rather unfair to have admins join up and give themselves money and nobody else. :tdown:

#2 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:59 AM

There was some discussion on here awhile ago about 16k starting money, dunno if this is a plan that will go through or not.

One thing that gets annoying, is when join the server, and just give themselves money. Earlier tonight, nagash kept giving himself money, I (and 2 other people) asked for money, and he said "Terrorists are doing good, u dont need money." Said that right after he gave himself money earlier, while he was on Terrorist lol

Prior to that, ghozy was on, also giving himself money and nobody else. The people asking for money werent being dicks about it. I dunno what the rule is, so maybe my point here isn't even valid, it just seems rather unfair to have admins join up and give themselves money and nobody else. :tdown:

dude stop complaining you were playing with 6:1 kdr. its not like you are noob player. save your own money. for admin paying themselves issue; we don't pay ourselves on the first round. other than that we are free to do it.

#3 Mobayrasta

Mobayrasta

Lurker

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:40 AM

You really took the time to complain about that. Chill it's a game.

#4 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

Admins pay to play. You don't. Have you donated?

#5 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:08 AM

I'm with Chili on this. The admins pay monthly to be an admin, so the least privledge they should have is giving themselves game money.

#6 onyx

onyx

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:50 AM

Admins pay to play. You don't. Have you donated?

Good point! I checked the admin list and it has 22 admins now. Are they all active? I only see the same guys on all the time.

I'm hijacking this thread cuz it's gay.

Thanks to the admins and Darkshadow for keeping such a great place to play css. Whenever a sh*thead hacker shows up, it's only a matter of minutes until they are banned even if there is no admin on at the time. I've had a few stops at various pub servers along the way, and this one is teh most fun, even when you're CT and getting your ass handed to you in a doggy bag.

#7 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

You really took the time to complain about that. Chill it's a game.

- took 2 minutes to come here and post, i am chill

yeah, no I dont pay for admin, but if i was i wouldn't deny money to someone, especially after giving it to myself

dude stop complaining you were playing with 6:1 kdr. its not like you are noob player. save your own money.

- lol 6-1 was nice :weee: i dunno why, but i was craving it for awhile

i guess you guys see it different, that's cool

#8 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:51 PM

Anyway, as most know, I never give cash only to myself. Hell im not even stingy with it. But admins have priviledges and can use them as they will.

#9 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:14 PM

sh*t most of the time when i'm on the admins load everybody up with cash, I know chilli, drizz, chris82, and all the hatters alwasys make sure people got cash. :tup:

#10 The Drizzle

The Drizzle

Who is the drizzle?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, I dont mind helping you out when you ask nicely. I certianly dont have to, but I do anyway. At most other servers, you dont have the luxury of cool admins that give out money anyway, so be happy with what you get.

#11 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

im starting to think iceman just likes to post.

Edited by wyte mafia, 11 January 2007 - 04:35 PM.

#12 onyx

onyx

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

im starting to think iceman just likes to post.

Ya think? That's why the 200 post dedicated member thing seems kinda silly. Spamming members get lumped in.

#13 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

ok I dont even play anymore, but its always been a question. Admins are admins. if you dont get money, dont suck. go pistol for a round. who cares. you dont DESERVE money or anything. when you do get it for free be thankful, its not like its part of our server to have starting cash. I REALLY dont see you as having a legit argument here.

#14 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:10 PM

u guys have a suggestion forum, and then complain that i make a suggestion in the first place

every admin that's ever been on, hasn't had a problem with giving money out, i see no reason why an admin wouldn't give money to everyone when he gives it to himself, but it's not my server so i don't make the rules. I'm just posting to let boss know that users complain about it, including me.

there is a reason why most admins do it, i don't see why others wouldn't follow along with the norm

#15 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:42 PM

I only hand out money when a team lose very bad. Other than that saving money is part of the game. You give names in your post and the names answering naturally.

#16 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

When I give out money (never on Pistol round) I give it to everyone...

bind "-" "ma_givecash #all 16000"

#17 Iceman

Iceman

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

When I give out money (never on Pistol round) I give it to everyone...

- everyone appreciates it when you, and the other 20+ admins do that, thanks :)

I only hand out money when a team lose very bad.

- Ts were winning and the admin was still giving himself money

other than that saving money is part of the game

- free money makes it better, btw most of the Ts camped every round that they didn't have much money, it slowed things down

there are many ways to run out of money..., vote for the wrong team, buy expensive weapons over and over and then lose for a couple rounds... just because a team won, doesn't mean you are always going to have enough money

Edited by Iceman, 11 January 2007 - 08:14 PM.

#18 Aethryl

Aethryl

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

I personally don't mind running around with a pistol, I find it easier to kill people actually...
Money is overrated!

#19 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

there are many ways to run out of money..., vote for the wrong team, buy expensive weapons over and over and then lose for a couple rounds... just because a team won, doesn't mean you are always going to have enough money

Easy cures:
Don't vote so much or if you are low on cash.
Try different weapons.

Its the point of the game. If everyone always has infinite money it will get boring cause everyone will do the same thing every round.

#20 QuickShot838

QuickShot838

Grey Knight

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

hey, u pay money to get money... thats how boss works. :tup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users