• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Strange Peaches

Strange Peaches

Lurker

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:11 PM

I don't get it. I was just ID banned. Wasn't even speaking in game, no nade spamming, fair play. Few bad pistol rounds, and then I went on a killing spree when I picked up a rifle.

Name in game is Strange Peaches, although sometimes I change my name when I'm bored and I don't bother to change it back for Boss' server, which happens to be my favorite; a good server.

I think it was:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Or something shorter, whatever CSS allows.

#2 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

SteamID?

#3 Strange Peaches

Strange Peaches

Lurker

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:17 PM

STEAM_0:1:7402218

My bad.

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

I'll look into it.

#5 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyr STEAM_0:1:7402218 67.189.225.249 15206 perma for aim hacking.

Edited by wyte mafia, 17 January 2007 - 08:55 PM.

#6 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

You're suspicious, sometimes I have a feeling that you are walling because I've seen you prefire and you seem to find professional campers like me in barely noticeable places.

#7 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Guess that settles that then.

#8 Strange Peaches

Strange Peaches

Lurker

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

Suspicious? I've been playing on that server for months! Mostly daily, too. I was 25th in rank, with a ratio of like 1.6! I've played with PedFish and Xan, all or most of the BoSS members, (although I think not with "ghozy"), the regulars, all good players and challenges.

I know where you are at set times during the match based solely on where my team has gone and where it has neglected to go. It is an incredibly simple tactic, to know where people are based on just those two pieces of information. If you take it to the next step, you fire the gun before you even round the corner, and with a bit of luck, you have a HS. It's just a feeling you get after playing on the same map, and the same game, which somehow (and I don't know how) retains its novelty and challenge after hours and hours of playtime. I hear it's not so useful in CAL, but in the average game, people play average strategies.

If you play long enough, you've seen the camping spots used over and over again, and at the same times during the match, (again, with just those two bits of information) that to fire preemptively is something natural. More often than not, I'm right. It's the not the best tactic, as I am given away on the minimap. If you wait until I reload, I'll have to pistol. For example, one CT is left and we've defended the T spawn with great strength and are now sweeping the map. I notice he has a ratio of .25. I will wager that he is crouched down on top of the boxes in the lower CT sniper area, either toward the ceiling or behind the boxes in the corner. I fire the AK before I even round the corner.

For example. Say T refuses to leave the spawn. It's practically a given that some guy is crouched in the little L shaped hallway near the cabinets in the middle of the spawn. I pop out of the corner and get a quick clean HS which is downright difficult to react to and somewhat cruel. If I were a T, it's practically a given that someone with a silenced m4 is sitting on the dumpster outside the window, crouched down. I can fire through the smoke to HS that person in a quick strafe, because I've done it so often and I know where it is. These are well-used camping spots, but I've seen and used them all in cs_office, there are no "unnoticeable" ones for me. Although I still have trouble getting across the tree for the T garage rush.

I'm just giving examples so you know I'm thinking about this, and not using some stupid hack. Although I get accused sometimes for ridiculous scores, it usually doesn't lead to a ban if you spectate the accused. I also think I had a score of something like 10 - 7 at the time of banning. I've also been playing long enough to have regulars see me get terrible scores and good ones.

I guess I should stop changing my name.

#9 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

TBH I've played with this guy before and he is a very good player (I've specced him many times). He does a lot of the same stuff i do. I don't think he's a hack but i wasn't there so i can only be a character witness...

#10 fadetoblack

fadetoblack

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:30 AM

I've also speced him and have seen him playing alot. I think he is pretty good, never seen any evidence that he hacks. Thats my 2 cents.

#11 ShLoNkY

ShLoNkY

I <3 t3h Internets

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:12 AM

I'd say its up to Ghozy. If hes not 100% sure you were hacking I say unban him.

If he is: go fuck yourself. :evil:

#12 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

you also have to take into consideration that most of the time hackers wont come back and ask for an unban but people who dont and get banned do request an unban. i've seen him play too and he does have skill. other than that i agree with what shlonk donk said.

#13 Aethryl

Aethryl

Combine Soldier

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

my bad

Edited by Aethryl, 18 January 2007 - 12:03 PM.

#14 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:01 PM

or you could keep him banned for lack of having a life and knowing the office too well.

please leave posting in unban requests to admins unless you were involved in the incident.

#15 ghozy

ghozy

The Gobblemonster

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

Your screen was jumping around when you fire. Not all the time. only when you got in a dire situation. Because when i started to spec you your aim was ok. then when you got cornered your screen shakes like an aim bot when you fire.

Since you got alot of positive feedback from staff, I guess you deserve to be unbanned. At least for a second chance. its up to Shadow or Shlonky to unban.

Edited by ghozy, 18 January 2007 - 01:54 PM.

#16 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:18 PM

well, you should thank ghozy for giving you a second chance. because it is pretty much always up to the discretion of the banning admin.

#17 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

Aimbots are much more obvious to spot than a wallhack. If Ghozy saw an aimbot, than it was probably an aimbot. You can have debates whether someone is wallhacking but if someone is using an aimbot there isn't much to argue about.

That being said I wasn't there and don't know this guy. If ghozy was sure he saw an aimbot, than he probably did. If he is unsure in anyway, then most likely he didn't have one. All up to Ghozy since he is the one that made the call.

(and don't b*tch at me for posting in here, I'm contributing)

#18 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

Was this guy I was complaining about in GG Turbo? I don't even remember (it was on Tuesday night) at this point. If it's that guy, then he's an obvious aim hacker from what I saw.

#19 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

That's a big if justin, lol

#20 Strange Peaches

Strange Peaches

Lurker

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

Was this guy I was complaining about in GG Turbo? I don't even remember (it was on Tuesday night) at this point. If it's that guy, then he's an obvious aim hacker from what I saw.

I have yet to play on GG Turbo.

And many thanks for the unbanning and second chance. :tup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users