20 replies to this topic

#1 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

LOL Don Imus gets fired for saying this :weee:.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

Kinda old topic. But yeah, it's lame. I think every black that got pissed about this needs to get hanged. Fuck them. We don't do give a shit when they call white based clubs and leagues, yet some guy that is known for being a dick and saying shit like this on the radio gets fired for it. Not to mention his right to say such things is protected BY THE GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING BILL OF RIGHTS!

Yeah, GG America, GG. Now please, lets form up a mob to lynch Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

#3 Splunk

Splunk

Guitar God

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

f*ck being politically correct...if you dont like what someone says DONT LISTEN!!!

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:58 PM

and welcome to last weeks news

#5 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

Bullshit.

Niggers say shit about white people all the time. You don't see them getting fired for it.

Not to mention that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, two of the people who pushed to punish Imus and Michael Richards, regularly make racial remarks about other races.

#6 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

This shit has been pounded to death a long time ago now on the radio.

God damn NAPPY-HEADED HOES!!!

#7 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

I understand MSNBC Fireing him cuz of all the bad poblicity. IMO Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the only Black people that cared.

Edited by King_Dude, 15 April 2007 - 07:29 PM.

#8 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

Oh well with as much money he made a year I don't think he has to worry about it.

Edited by Ahkmed, 15 April 2007 - 09:02 PM.

#9 Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:25 PM

Oh well with as much money he made a year I don't think he has to worry about it.

What happened is that normally Imus makes racial/stereotype/etc charged jokes...but they are actually funny. That's how he can get away with it. But this time he made a racially charged joke...and it wasn't funny...at all. If it was in a comedy club it would have fallen flat. So it came off as in poor taste. And being that it was directed at a high profile group of women that the media was already spinning around, word got out fast. Then it got blown out of proportion.

#10 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:51 PM

Imus is a half dead Howard Stern wannabe who isnt funny anyway, f*ck him.

That being said, the real problem with broadcasting is the f*ckin FCC..they control anything and everything on public radio and are the sole reason he was removed from the air.

#11 Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:09 PM

I think it was more so about the advertisements than anything else. The ad companies pulled out because they didn't want to seem like they were indirectly supporting racism. Then CBS dropped his show because they needed to get that ad revenue back. And God forbid that other ad companies back away from CBS because they refuse to fire "the racist," so CBS cut their losses and dropped Imus.

#12 $VT-c0brA

$VT-c0brA

drunken master

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:35 AM

That being said, the real problem with broadcasting is the f*ckin FCC..they control anything and everything on public radio and are the sole reason he was removed from the air.

+1......^^^^^^^^

#13 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:52 AM

+1......^^^^^^^^

Uh, no. More like -10. He wasn't fired because of FCC Violations. What he did was _not_ against any FCC regulations. They had _nothing_ to do with his firing. He was fired because of a very small, yet very vocal minority having an issue with what he said.

The reason this is so big to radio guys is because now you're treading into a territory that violates the first ammendment. The first ammendment gives you the right to offend a person and not have it be illegal. Imus being fired over this sets a new, dangerous precendent for radio and TV personalities of his style. Him being fired now brings this to entirely different level.

One of the worst hypocrisies I saw on this whole issue came from that stupid bimbo Elizabeth Hasselbeck. She was on Hannity & Colmes talking about how Imus should have been fired, yet she defended her co-host Rosie O'Donnell when people said she should have resigned over her "ching chong" Chinese stereotype comment a few months back. It's the same damn issue, but she backed one and not the other.

The whole black people can say one thing, but whites can't has been done to death at various places but Jim Norton, the 3rd mic on Opie and Anthony, brought up an interesting side note this morning on the show. He made the point that being afraid to say things around black people is more harmful than being able to rip on them, like we can everybody else. It shows fear of them as other human beings and creates even more racial tension than it supposedly helps.

#14 indica

indica

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

Lynch Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson? When / where? :tup:

#15 andyouarewho

andyouarewho

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

I remember in 8th grade my History teacher tried to give me a bullsh*t argument. I made a point, white people are always accused of being racist towards other races, but isn't it true that other races can be equally biased towards white people? (<== used those exact words). He replied by saying: No, although minorities may be prejudiced towards others, such as whites, they can't be racist, for to be racist you have to be a majority not a minority. And that is how I got suspended, because I called my History teacher a "f*cking Idiot".
Nonetheless I do believe this whole Nappy-Headed Hoes thing was blown way out of proportion, however, I'm not ever going to go as far as joke about how lynching "n^%$#@*" (I never even use that word, sorry to dissapoint you all) would solve our problems.
My 2 cents.

#16 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

Uh, no. More like -10. He wasn't fired because of FCC Violations. What he did was _not_ against any FCC regulations. They had _nothing_ to do with his firing. He was fired because of a very small, yet very vocal minority having an issue with what he said...

dude the FCC basically runs CBS..whether it broke violations or not is besides the point, CBS is so far up the ass of the FCC and the dumb f*ck conservatives running the broadcasting industry that they will do anything to avoid any controversy in the business. It wouldn't be an issue if the FCC wasn't the way it is.

#17 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:47 PM

dude the FCC basically runs CBS..whether it broke violations or not is besides the point, CBS is so far up the ass of the FCC and the dumb f*ck conservatives running the broadcasting industry that they will do anything to avoid any controversy in the business. It wouldn't be an issue if the FCC wasn't the way it is.

You're clearly talking out of your ass. The FCC has has nothing to do with. They haven't started an "investigation", they haven't fined CBS, they haven't even issued a f*cking press release.

In other words

THE FCC HAS NOTHING TO f*ckING DO WITH THIS

#18 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Smoke Bluntz

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

Sirius should capitalize on this and hire him for a talk show.
Then he could say whatever the f*ck he wants!
I'd listen.

#19 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

Sirius should capitalize on this and hire him for a talk show.
Then he could say whatever the f*ck he wants!
I'd listen.

Wouldn't happen. That idiot Howard Stern hates him and Sirius bows to whatever Hoo-hoo-Howie wants.

#20 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:32 PM

You're clearly talking out of your ass. The FCC has has nothing to do with. They haven't started an "investigation", they haven't fined CBS, they haven't even issued a f*cking press release.

In other words

THE FCC HAS NOTHING TO f*ckING DO WITH THIS

I SAID THE PROBLEM WITH BROADCASTING IS THE FCC, NOT THIS SITUATION.

They obviously aren't directly related, but the broadcasting industry AS A WHOLE has been shaped by the standards of the FCC, leading to bullsh*t such as this.

And of course Sirius would rather support Stern..Stern advertises them out the ass and brings in more money for them than any other station/radio host could ever bring in.

Edited by IWantWhiteCastle, 17 April 2007 - 09:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users