Photo

yeah so....

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

well I've come to a conclusion, and time for a decision....do I stay in mass and try to fix everything that's going on(horrible work and sh*t pay, most of family deceased or living in various parts of the US, and a g/f that I do not think I love as much as I used to) or do I pack my sh*t in 3-4 months and move down to Kentucky with my ex/possibly g/f I might get back with(the one that did NOT cheat on me).
I'm promised a decent job in Kentucky for a custom 4x4 company doing welding for various parts like tow hooks and custom brackets for axles and what not(all I have to do is weld the parts that are already figured and placed), decent pay at 14 an hour, and I guess in Kentucky that is the equivalent to 17/18 an hour. Also offered a place to stay with the girl with no rent until I at least get 1,000 in the bank and get things situated, and even still it will only be like 10 a week, but I will pay for all my own groceries and whatnot.
I'm kind of stuck on the wall...do I want to give up here all together and head down south for a fresh start, or do I stick it out and make the best with what I have here.
Eh I just needed a place to get this off my chest, I'm 22 and keeping most of this to myself to keep the drama and confusion as little as possible, any insight and/or advice would be greatly appreciated, you Boss "veterans" might have dealt with something like this before, either get the hell out, or dig in.

#2 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

do it....yea thats all i got to say.

#3 Captiva

Captiva

If You Can Bleed, You Can Die

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

How long is the offer still valid? It seems the only thing holding you back would be your current girl, and apparently things are fading. You should sort out your feelings about her, possibly even try talking to her about them, then make a decision.

If things end with her, I say you should do. It's always good to have a change, and sounds like an adventure waiting to happen.

#4 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

i would do it man. i know you will probably take a hit in pay but like you said the cost of living in the south is way less too so it evens out. I don't want to go on listing all the reasons why i like the south, you probably know them anyway. Know this though man, you are too young to be basing life changing decisions on a girl. You need to go where you will have the best chance at starting fresh, sometimes that is all it takes. If i were you i would move and stay with that girl but don't get too attached remember you are trying to start new and se is from your past. If things work out between you great, if not don't worry about it get your carry permit (it will be easy in KY) and find you a nice southern girl with that accent everyone loves

remember Fluke had this same type of thread and he ended up moving south to VA, so keep with the boss tradition and head south ( cough cough shadow)

#5 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:41 PM

well i cant help u make a decision but whatever u choose... i really hope it works out man :D

#6 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

Head on down to Kentucky. There you're guaranteed that things will work out.

#7 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:24 PM

Go dude.

#8 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:24 PM

Yeah Gates, I'm with the others here and think you ought to start fresh. They say the definition of insanity is doing something the same way and expecting a different outcome. Good luck brother with all that and you know we got your back.

#9 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

Sounds like it's time to head south to me, bro.

#10 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

I usually stick it out, but it looks like Kentucky is a really good alternative for you. But like Billy said, don't do it for the girl. In fact, pretend the girl does not exist and then weigh the alternatives, if Kentucky still comes out on top, go for it.

#11 Buck_Shot

Buck_Shot

Dissovowed

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:09 PM

if you do decide to move to south you might want to stay where your at for a couple months more and save up some cash because your gonna need it for security deposites residency changes and lincencing fees and stuffs... other than that you'll be fine

#12 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

dude... have you ever been to kentucky?? i'd rather go overseas again than get stuck in anything near the midwest.

that aside, i'd say move.

#13 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

hey at least kentucky has an SEC team, not a winning one but its still like being last place in the worlds strongest man contest :)

#14 Glacius

Glacius

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

move south brudda and enjoy the gold ol south. Guns ftmfw!!!

#15 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

I was stuck in a similar situation as you are about 2 years ago. I was stuck in South Florida getting sh*t pay and I had an opportunity to move to Jersey. I packed my sh*t up and came up here, got a job paying twice as much and I can't regret the decision I made.

Sometimes you just need to move and get away and start over. Just be prepared, try and save money before you move and make sure you can trust the person your moving in with. It makes it a little easier if you got a job waiting for you.

Other than that, Good luck with whatever decision you make.

#16 At The Gates

At The Gates

Rolling down the street like a retard in disguise.

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

thanks for all the input guys,and yes the girl is PART of the reason, but the huge part is the lack of any decent work around here, I have 6 years fabrication exp in sheet metal/tin whacking, and a years worth of welding, and about 8 months in auto mechanics(which means absolutely nothing...but I can change my own oil)...and I cant find any jobs with any advancement whatsoever, this place is a death trap, and Bill technically that job in KY will be a pay raise.
my family here has been falling apart ever since my grandparents died 7 years ago, I have ATLEAST 2-3 relatives who die a year since then.
So all and all there really is not anything here for me.
And sh*t KY is not that far from some of you guys down south, we could all go on a Boss southern hunting trip.
oooh and one more thing, my ex, the one that we are trying to work things out to move to KY does have a southern girl accent, and I freaking love it.
In fact she's down there right now talking to her father(whilst on vacation), telling him our situation, and how we would work things out.
come august/sept I may be hooking up a u-haul trailer to my truck, and heading down south leaving this god forsaken place behind.
according to my ex's father, with minimal traffic it is only about a 14hr drive.

#17 Constantine

Constantine

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:48 PM

You seem like a smart kid with a very interesting decision to make. Nothing is really holding you down at this point in your life. Family is important and a good safety net. The girl problem will usually be there till one of them snags you and you get married. Don't stick around anywhere for a girl. There are girls everywhere that will do anything for a guy that has his shit together The real question you should ask is.........."what do I want to be doing ten years from now?" This question does not include which girl you want to be with 10 years from now, but how will you stand by yourself making a living. Personally at age 22, and if I was having trouble getting the job I wanted, I would remedy the situation with a tech degree in a SERVICE industry. Get a journeyman in plumbing, electrical, construction science, or whatever interests you. The beauty of the south is that there are several great options for financial funding for education.

So,

Figure out what you want to be doing 5-10 years from now, find a school which offers that education(service), supplement the tuition with the state programs for financial aid, hide out in school while networking/doing shit job in a company that will help/hire you when you get the degree. Get stable with yourself and the rest will fall into place.

C

#18 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

I would go.

i'd rather go overseas again than get stuck in anything near the midwest.

Hay i am from Kansas and i love it there, most of the people in florida are A-Holes. :19:

Edited by King_Dude, 29 May 2007 - 08:00 PM.

#19 Captiva

Captiva

If You Can Bleed, You Can Die

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

It's about 14 hours from Toronto, Ontario to Charlotte, North Carolina, so that sounds about right for Massachusetts to Kentucky.

You really want to be careful about depending on this girl too much. You obviously broke up for a reason. With such a huge change, make sure you protect your ass in case things go sour.

#20 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

C has some good advice and since he is one of the few guys on this board who is souly in charge of his own shit i would listen to him. Going to a tech school is a good idea. There are many state funded grants that will pay for it, i am not sure if KY participates in HOPE, if it doesn't you sound like you would qualify for a federal pale grant. The south is chauked full of jobs for blue collar workers, especially with the boom in southern construction. Get yourself established and then try to get a peice of paper and your pay sould increase pretty good. Just be warry of the girl thing man, like C said girls like independant confident guys who have there shit together sooo... Its cool if you need a helping hand at first but i would try to do your own thing. And that southern accent you love so much...if you move to KY they all have it, not just her ;)

o yeah and goodluck, let us know what you decide.

and if you do move feel free to come to South GA, we will stay at my farmhouse and shoot anything that moves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users