• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

I've been playing fantasy football the last 3 years on NFL.com (best fantasy site - really simple adn easy to use), and I have seen limited success (get my butt kicked). So I'm wondering who will play the next seaon, what site you play on, how you like it, and your top 7 draft prospects at QB, RB, WR, TE, K, and D/ST.

QB
1. Peyton Manning
2. Carson Palmer
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Marc Bulger
6. Donovan McNabb
7. Philip Rivers

RB
1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Steven Jackson
3. Frank Gore
4. Larry Johnson
5. Shaun Alexander
6. Willie Parker
7. Rudi Johnson

WR
1. Chad Johnson
2. Steve Smith
3. Torry Holt
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Larry Fitzgerald
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Terrell Owens

TE
1. Antonio Gates
2. Todd Heap
3. Tony Gonzalez
4. Jeremy Shockey
5. Alge Crumpler
6. Chris Cooley
7. Kellen Winslow

K
1. Jeff Wilkins
2. Adam Vinatieri
3. Robbie Gould
4. Matt Stover
5. Nate Kaeding
6. Neil Rackers
7. Shayne Graham

D/ST
1. BALTIMORE!!!
2. San Diego
3. Bears
4. New England
5. Jacksonville
6. Miami
7. Philadelphia

#2 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:47 AM

i'll post my top 7 for each category later, but i play on epsn.com and on yahoo fantasy sports. me and a bunch of buddies make a league every year. this year will be my 3rd year of doing it. i love it.

#3 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

Yeah this will be my 3rd year doing it too (all on nfl.com). I always do it with my older brother and some of his friends. I have the most fun when we're drafting people.

#4 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

yea drafting is awesome. make some hard choices sometimes to get a really good player and lose another to someone else.

#5 |Surreal|

|Surreal|

Lurker

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

I play on yahoo fantasy sports, this will be my 4th-5th year i think, its fun and easy to use and i liek it better then NFL.com I'll post my Top 7 later im too lazy right now

#6 RolloTomasi

RolloTomasi

Lurker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:47 AM

Yea, I've been playing fantasy football for many years and am now very into it. It's funny you mention drafting with your brother and his older friends cause this is exactly how I go into it about 6 or 7 years ago. Then in college, me and some friends started creating some new leagues, which we usually run on sportsline.com. As it stands, I'm in 3 leagues every year. We usually put up about $100 in each, for the winner's prize pool. One of them is a redraft league where we get a new team each year, the other 2 are dynasty/keeper leagues, where you have a draft at the beginning and then get to play it out over several years. Really a lot more fun for people who love football (and I know you do Konig) because you have A LOT more to control and think about such as contracts, future draft picks, who you want to keep/drop, etc. It also affects the value of younger players, as guys like Maurice Jones-Drew are more desireable than Shaun Alexander.

As for your top 7 lists, I agree with most of them. When all things are relatively equal, I go with youth over experience. But yea, the NFL and fantasy football are a big part of my life :weee:

#7 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Frank Gore and Robbie Gould saved my ass last year. Going to try to pick them up this year, good soild picks.

#8 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

When all things are relatively equal, I go with youth over experience.

Two-three years ago I would disagree with you, I would pick experience over rookies, but these new gnerations of players are so damn good. I still wouldn't like to do that though and take a risk on an unproven player.

But yeah man I do my fantasy football on nfl.com (typically 2-3 leagues) with my bro and his friends, but I also do it at school where we each bet like $3 a week. I also like to bet on games, the playoffs, and I also do mock drafts, and I we bet who had the most accurate mock draft. But I have never had a top 5 pick, so I never had one of the superstars on my team. The best players I ever had was like Tiki Barber, Brian westbrook, Carson Palmer, and Drew Brees. But these players were never on the same team, I had only one of them per league. So I hope to get the top 3 in fantasy football to get either LT, Steven Jackson, or Peyton Manning. The best record I ever had was 8-6, and I never made it to the playoffs. But Fantasy Football is like crack, you obsess and think about it all the time.

Edited by Konig, 06 July 2007 - 03:57 PM.

#9 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

Lets have a Boss NFL draft?

#10 |Surreal|

|Surreal|

Lurker

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

yea we can set up on yahoo a free custom one, no real money involved, unless you want to :evil:

My first draft happened yesterday and this is my team:

QB's:
D.McNabb
E.Manning
S.Mcnair

RB's:
L.Johnson
A.Green
S.Morris

WR:
C.Johnson
R.Wayne
J.Cotchery
M.Muhammad
I.Bruce
A.Toomer

TE:
J.Witten

K:
R.Gould

DEF:
Baltimore

All in all a fairly good team and prob will finish Top 3 in standings this year. I'm playin with 9 other people, 4 of which are my bud's. I'm starting my other draft where i put money on Sunday, wish me luck!

#11 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

qb.

b.rothlesberger
p.manning
whiteboy from cinci can toss it btw

rb. seriously

parker (steelers) has got explosive wheels
L. johnson yea i agree

wr.

nigga did u forget heinz ward ftw!! mvp had the most catches and rcving last year.
c.johnson
i.bruce yea he always catches the long ball\

te.
miller (steelers)

defense....pffffffft

STEELERS WILL KILL SOMEONE FO SHIZZLE

YEA IM A STEELERS FAN BUT MY ANSWERS ARNT BAD.

#12 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

I set up my account on yahoo for one team already. can't wait.

Edited by XxsilverboyxX, 06 July 2007 - 10:15 PM.

#13 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

Lets have a Boss NFL draft?

i'd have to agree with raccoon. that would be pretty friggen awesome. I'll make a league on yahoo or espn whichever people want. and if anyone's interested then just let me know and we can set it up.

#14 RolloTomasi

RolloTomasi

Lurker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:16 PM

i'd have to agree with raccoon. that would be pretty friggen awesome. I'll make a league on yahoo or espn whichever people want. and if anyone's interested then just let me know and we can set it up.

I'd definitely be down.

#15 RolloTomasi

RolloTomasi

Lurker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:27 PM

Two-three years ago I would disagree with you, I would pick experience over rookies, but these new gnerations of players are so damn good. I still wouldn't like to do that though and take a risk on an unproven player.

You have to take the risks though in order to win. Most teams that win fantasy championships are the ones who take the young guys who start in the 2nd or 3rd tiers at the beginning of the year then blow up and become top 5 studs by year's end. Another key thing is injuries. Certainly younger players aren't immune to the injury bug but older guys break down very easily in the NFL these days, especially running backs. RB's can be fast and flashy at the age of 27 and before you know it, they're 30 years old and got nothing left in the tank (see: Eddie George, Corey Dillon etc). For example, most one year rankings for 2007 fantasy football might have a guy like Shaun Alexander ranked higher than Reggie Bush. But given the option, I'd rather go with the fresh legs and big upside and steer clear of the guy who is pressing Father Time and has nowhere to go but down.

#16 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

Alright so we've got like 4 defnites on wanting to play. come on guys fantasy football is really good sh*t and we need more people so we can set up a league. Just reply with an "i'm in" or w/e and hopefully we can get enough people to set one up.

#17 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:53 AM

im in for a yahoo league(or whatever site u want). bump this or start a new thread when it comes around.

#18 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

yea lets start a boss league, ill be in it for sure.

#19 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

Man it's good to be talking football again. I'm ranking these in order of Fantasy draft positions, not actual how I feel about these players (seriously, i would never put Manning above Brady ever ever ever). I'm also only doing top 5.

QB
1. Peyton Manning
2. Carson Palmer
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
5. Phillip Rivers

RB
1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Steven Jackson
3. Frank Gore
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Thomas Jones

WR
1. Chad Johnson
2. Steve Smith
3. Mike Furrey
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Donte Stallworth

TE
1. Antonio Gates
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Jeremy Shockey
4. Alge Crumpler
5. Ben Watson

K
1. Jeff Wilkins
2. Neil Rackers
3. Robbie Gould
4. Matt Stover
5. Adam Vinatieri

D/ST
1/2. BALTIMORE!!!
2/1. New England
3. Chicago
4. San Diego
5. Jacksonville

Notes:
- Stay the f*ck away from Larry Johnson. History shows that when a RB has a high carry season like that, the follow up season is either injury plagued or a significant drop off in stats. Happened to Jamal Anderson, Terrel Davis, Eric Dickerson, Ricky Williams, Barry Foster and Eddie George. Those other 6 men make up 6 of the top 10 of rushes in a season. I wouldn't pick him this season, too much history behind this.

- Thomas Jones is gonna shoulder the load for the Jets, so provided he pans out, he'll have a great offensive season.

- Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss and Torry Holt have both lost steps off their game. They'll still draw the double team, but it'll open up for the secondary and slot receivers (ie: Reggie Wayne and Donte Stallworth). All 3 are still excellent players, so they're not bad picks, but something tells me they'll drop off this season from their numbers last season.

- Todd Heap is a great TE on a sh*tty offensive team. His fantasy stats will suck ass. Same goes for Kellen Winslow.

- Vinatieri is a great clutch kicker, but he's never been a good fantasy pick. Especially not on the Colts that'll score far more TDs than they do FGs.

- Chicago lost some key defensive players this off season, the defense is not gonna be as good as last year.

- Philly's defense sucks. They're overrated as sh*t. This isn't 2002 anymore.

- San Diego's secondary still sucks and their interior line backers are suspect.

- Baltimore and NE can go either one or two. Age might be a factor at the interior (d-line and inside LBs) for the Ravens, while it might be a factor in the interior (Bruschi) and strong safety (Harrison) position for the Patriots. The Pats also have inexperience at the corners, but the experience of the safetys will make up for it (if Harrison stays healthy).

Edited by Justin Sane, 07 July 2007 - 09:50 AM.

#20 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:48 AM

well someone can at least create a league, regardless of the season starting or not. I have an account on yahoo, so we can at least sign up for a league if someone wants to take innitiative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users