37 replies to this topic

#1 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

Well i've set up the league for anyone who wants to play on yahoo. I'm gonna need people's emails or w/e to send them the invite to join. I also set the date for us to have the live draft on the 11th of august at 11pm. it can be changed if anyone can't be there. just let me know.

#2 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

Well i've set up the league for anyone who wants to play on yahoo. I'm gonna need people's emails or w/e to send them the invite to join. I also set the date for us to have the live draft on the 11th of august at 11pm. it can be changed if anyone can't be there. just let me know.

I'm in. My e-mail is [email protected]

I also have 3 friends that would be interested in joining a league. Non boss people, obviously.

#3 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:08 PM

[email protected]

im in

#4 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

i'm down.... y2wonder[at]gmail.com

TJ WHOSEYOURMOMMA....

Championship!

#5 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:53 PM

do we need yahoo accounts or w/e?

[email protected]

#6 |Surreal|

|Surreal|

Lurker

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

im in, e-mail is [email protected]

#7 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:50 PM

alright guys i sent the invites to all of you. i think i have 1 maybe, just maybe 2 spots left for anyone else to join this league. i know i have 1. i'll let you guys know later after everyone accepts there invite. if anything we could just have any others that want to play make there own league so everyone else can join.

#8 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Watch out for THE LOBSTERS..WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#9 Mandraque

Mandraque

Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

im probably getting last place in this, i haven't followed football in about a year :D

#10 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

hahah the lobsters are going down. but just our luck you'll be the sleeper and pull a perfect season and win every one of your matches. lol

#11 Mike2077

Mike2077

Dirty Rodent

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:45 PM

in.

#12 XxsilverboyxX

XxsilverboyxX

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:06 PM

well i've jut gotta wait for the others to accept the invite and get one from konig. then we can all decide on a good time to have our live draft. you guys are all definitly going down. but i guess goodluck lol :cool:

#13 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:40 AM

argh... funk just set up a league for my friends....

it'd be a b*tch to follow 2 leagues.

#14 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

I don't really want to play on yahoo.com, NFL.com is better so why would I settle for something that isn't as good. Come on guys wouldn't you think that the NFL's official website just might have the best fantasy football. I mean havn't you guys tried it? If you have and don't like it, tell me what you don't like about it. But it's free, it's head to head, it has everything, and I can set up a league with a password so only we can play. It's 10 people per league, so we need atleast 10 people, but this looks like a hot topic, so it shouldn't be that hard. And all you need for an NFL.com Fantasy Account is an email really. I played fantasy on the other sites and I didnt like them as much. Sry. What we can do is you guys can have a yahoo fantasy league and a NFL.com league, because I'm not sure if your like me, but I do mulitple leagues. That will prolly be our best bet. Tell me who's interested cause I'm not going to make a league if no one will do it. If you guys REALLY want me to play, and I do REALLY want to play with you guys, I'll do yahoo.com, because I'm in BoSS, have been for a long time, and I LOVE FANTASY FOOTBALL.................Alright you know what, since you guys arleady started with this yahoo.com thing, I guess I'll do it, because I'm a sucker, lol. But I'm still doing NFL.com, and it's better, so let me know who wants to do it there too, and what time, so I can set it up for that and tell you the pass for it.

Edited by Konig, 09 July 2007 - 09:07 AM.

#15 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:03 AM

My email is [email protected]

I guess I'm doing yahoo.com, lol. But I'm still doing NFL.com, and it's better, so let me know who wants to do it there too, and what time, so I can set it up for that and tell you the pass for it.

Edited by Konig, 09 July 2007 - 09:07 AM.

#16 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Holy f*cking manic depressive replies, Konig. Jesus christ, I haven't seen an up and down incoherent rambling like that in a long time.

#17 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:20 AM

Rambling! Your the f*cking person that wasted everyones time by raveing about how Mike Furrey, Thomas Jones, and Ben Watson are going to be badasses next year. STFU dude! And people like my rambling anyway, I can ramble a little bit if I want.

#18 Konig

Konig

Lurker

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Heres how the scoring works on NFL.com in case you guys were interested.

Scoring

7. Point Values
Each week your team will compete against thousands of others. Each team will accumulate points based on the statistics accumulated by the players on each team. The chart below lists the point values.

Offensive Statistic QB, WR, RB, TE, K
Touchdown 6 points
Passing Yards 1 point for every 25 yards
Rushing Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
Receiving Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
2 point conversion 2 points
Interception -2 points
Fumble Lost -2 points
Field Goal 0-49 yards = 3 points
50+ yards = 5 points
Extra Point 1 point

Defensive Statistic Defense
Touchdown 6 points
Safety 2 points
Interception 2 points
Fumble Recovery 2 points
Sack 1 point
Points Allowed 0-6 = 8 points
7-13 = 6 points
14-20 = 4 points
21-27 = 2 points
28+ = 0 points
Yards Allowed 0-49 = 12 points
50-99 = 10 points
100-149 = 8 points
150-199 = 6 points
200-249 = 4 points
250-299 = 2 points
300+ = 0 points

*** NOTES ***
Offensive Scoring (QB, RB, WR, TE) Scoring will be calculated according to the following example: If a QB throws for 200 yards, 2 TDs - rushes for 20 yards, 1 TD - and has 25 yards receiving, his point total for the week would be: 3 TDs = 18 points, 200yds Passing = 8 points, 20yds Rushing = 2 points, 25yds receiving = 2 points; or 30 total points for the week. Please note that, if you have an active QB and an active WR who play for the same NFL team, and your QB throws a touchdown pass to your WR, then you are credited with two touchdowns on the play and you receive 6 points for each touchdown (12 points total). Also, players on your active roster at an offensive position cannot receive individual offensive points for your team when they are on special teams.

Defensive / Special Team scores (TDs, Fumble Recoveries, INTs, Safties or Sacks) Your defense is awarded points when any one of its members generates either a TD, INT, fumble recovery, safety or sack. Your defense also is awarded points for a kickoff or punt return that results in a TD. For instance, if your active defense is the Jets, and Santana Moss returns a punt for a TD, your defense (the Jets) gets 6 points. But in that same situation, a team using Moss as an active WR would NOT be awarded 6 points for the touchdown.

Fumbles Lost by an active player on your roster playing offense, special teams or defense will lose 2 points if they turn the ball over to the opposing team at any time during the game. For instance, if you have Santana Moss active at WR and he fumbles the ball away at any time while he is on the field your team will lose 2 points. This includes a fumble lost while returning a kick, punt, interception (if your WR were playing defense) or obviously while on offense at WR.
Defensive Points Allowed will take into account ALL the points allowed by the team as a whole. Be aware this includes points scored against the offense (TD from an interception, safeties, etc.) and special teams (punt return for a TD) as well as those scored against the defense.
Defensive Touchdowns are any touchdowns scored by the defensive team. This includes fumble returns and interception returns.
Special Teams Touchdowns are touchdowns scored by punt returns, kickoff returns or returns of a blocked Field Goal kick or punt.
To calculate the Total Yards Allowed, simply add the other team's Total Rushing and Total Passing Yards gained.
Rounding will NOT be used when calculating points from statistics. For example 49 yards rushing will result in 4 points.
8. Tie Breakers
At the end of each week's games the team with the most overall points (across all team affiliations) wins the weekly prize. In case there is a tie for the weekly prize, the team with the most points for the season thus far wins the weekly prize. If there is still a tie, the current week's points by position in the following order will be used to break the tie - Quarterback, Running Backs, Wide Receivers, Tight End, Kicker, Defensive Team.

Although it isn't necessary to participate each week, it is strongly encouraged since the team with the most points over the course of the season (across all team affiliations) wins the grand prize. In case there is a tie for the grand prize, the team that won the most weekly prizes is the winner. If there is still a tie, yearly points by position in the same order as described above will break the tie.

And as far as Lineup goes you are allowed 1 Starting QB, 2 Starting RB's, 2 Starting WR's, 1 Starting TE, 1 Starting K, and 1 Starting D/ST. As far as depth goes you can have whatever number of people at each slot but you are only allowed 14 total people (starting and benched).

#19 RolloTomasi

RolloTomasi

Lurker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:34 AM

Sportsline.com actually has the best fantasy football, but whatever.

I realize yahoo is not one of the better options but who cares? Last I checked, it's just a league for fun amongst BoSS people.

#20 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:43 AM

That doesn't seem very different from Yahoo's fantasy football, Konig. Infact, it seems exactly the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users