14 replies to this topic

#1 *CHILIDOG*

*CHILIDOG*

BoSS Fantasy Football 2010 Champ

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

I saw this movie on Saturday and loved it. I won't give it a number score, but I will say I was very satisfied with it. Certain parts are slow (mostly because Will Smith is the only actor you see for about an hour's worth of film), but he holds it together pretty nicely. Don't expect this to follow the original book too closely, but a good movie is a good movie in my opinion.

#2 Scuba_steve

Scuba_steve

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

SAW IT TOO!!!

I liked it. Ending was a tad abrupt though.

#3 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

GREAT AMAZING MOVIE w/ sh*tty ending... :(

that part where he is in the building is f*cking sick!! cant stop thinking about it

#4 J.Pizzack

J.Pizzack

Most Hated On

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

saw it the other night also. Thought it was great. Some things could have been alot better, but its a book so you can only stray so far really. I thought the virus infested cgi was pretty corny, but meh, I dont expect much since it was your typical zombiesque movie.

once again, Will Smith delivers. I'll be the first to give it a number scoring. I'd say.....hmm.....8/10

#5 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

Saw it last night too. Definately a good movie, but like it has been said, the ending was a tad abrupt and almost felt tacked on. It was almost like fast fowarding the pace of the movie.

#6 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

GREAT AMAZING MOVIE w/ sh*tty ending... :(

that part where he is in the building is f*cking sick!! cant stop thinking about it

He should have slaughtered those infected people in the dark :evil:

It was an OK movie, but for the post-apocalyptic movies, 28 days later and 28 weeks later are better :tup:.
BTW, I can't wait for 28 months later. One thing I hate about these movies are the bleak endings :tdown:.

#7 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:44 AM

good movie but the ending blew ass. If i were him i would have been sitting on those carriers shooting the 14 inch guns at New York just having fun leveling buildings

#8 DisTurBeD

DisTurBeD

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:06 PM

Seen it when it came out.. liked it but he should of used more weapons.. :( the m4 wasnt doing it very well

#9 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

good movie but the ending blew ass. If i were him i would have been sitting on those carriers shooting the 14 inch guns at New York just having fun leveling buildings

yea seriously... if he were smart he woulda taken the big ass navy vessel or its fighter planes and leveled a few of those damn buildings... taking out a whole sh*tload of those monsters

#10 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:25 PM

I thought it was a very nice movie, though it was nowhere near 28 weeks later.

BTW, I can't wait for 28 months later.

You know a Crysis mod based on 28 days later and 28 weeks later is in the works? It's called 28 months later. I can't freaking wait for some more news on that.

#11 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

A better version than The Omega Man based off the book...but not much.

#12 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

You know a Crysis mod based on 28 days later and 28 weeks later is in the works? It's called 28 months later. I can't freaking wait for some more news on that.

Yeah it looks pretty sick :1:

Edited by �HADOW109, 20 December 2007 - 08:08 PM.

#13 Bad Kitty

Bad Kitty

Lurker

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:38 PM

worth seeing in theaters or is it a good rental?

#14 RogueAlly

RogueAlly

Lurker+

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

yea seriously... if he were smart he woulda taken the big ass navy vessel or its fighter planes and leveled a few of those damn buildings... taking out a whole sh*tload of those monsters

Okay you're the second person to say something to this effect so I'm going to point out that the aircraft carrier he was on is a museum and if you noticed the myriad of planes sitting on its deck... most of them had no business on this earth being there. That being said, he wouldn't have been able to use anything on that carrier to blow anything up.

#15 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:43 PM

worth seeing in theaters or is it a good rental?

I watched it, glad I didn't go to the theatres for it, was very meh. Ending felt rushed, overall, meh. :: cough :: there's a DVD screener copy out there at that website we all know :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users