2 replies to this topic

#1 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

Well im sitting here at work once again, bored out of my mind reading reviews of monitors.

In the next month I plan on buying 1 or 2 24" LCDS. I originally thought that I would buy the Dell 2407 but I dont really want to spend 700$ per monitor. I love my current 2007WFP and would love to stick with the panel type. The problem is that the panel usually costs $600+ per monitor. If I could get them for around $500 I would buy at least one right away.

The second monitor I have been eyeing is the Gateway FHD2400, seems real sexy and a decent price. The problem I have with it is that it has the cheaper panel (bad viewing angels/color representation). Now my question is, never owning a monitor with this panel how bad is the viewing angel / color representation.

I would like multiple inputs, however the quality of the monitor is more important. If I could find a kicking monitor without additional inputs that would be fine with me.

Importance for me goes: Color representation/quality -> ghosting -> connections

Anyone have any suggestions or experiences.

Dave

#2 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

I have the regular 2407WFP here at work. Upgraded from a 2405WFP and contrast / color wise huge difference - I did a side by side compare. They've been having some AMAZING sales on the 24" monitors whenever a "Dell Days of deals" comes up. $369 CDN was the price last time they had them on up in Canadia. Although thats not the WFP-HC model, just the WFP. Might be worth it to hold out till they have a Days of deals if you can.

#3 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

The gateway one does look nice, but I'm liking the dell monitor better. The gateway monitor has a faster response time and the same contrast ratio. For the interest of your money, I'd go with the gateway. I've seen them at various stores and they look nice. But, if you have some extra money to spend, go with the dell. I haven't had any bad experiences with dell monitors. Comes down to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users