12 replies to this topic

#1 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

yo guys i still have a problem... after my video card stopped working (fan stopped spinning so somethings wrong with it)... i checked the RAM and that doesnt seem like a problem... so i got a new crappy replacement card just for the hell of it... (i dont need a top of thel ine card cuz i only play CSS anyway) in case u guys wanna know what it is its a GeForce FX5500... so now i think its the motherboard thats causing the problems... can any of u guys find me a cheap - mid range priced motherboard?

thanks

#2 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

What socket?

#3 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

What socket?

wuddya mean?

sry im a computer noob

#4 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

What is your processor type? Since you need a motherboard that can fit your processor, otherwise getting a motherboard won't help much :dork:

#5 EVIL Shenanigans

EVIL Shenanigans

Basement Caucasian

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

...and are you sure its the motherboard? I may suggest gettin someone (that you can trust) who knows a thing or two about computers to take a look at it.

#6 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

...and are you sure its the motherboard? I may suggest gettin someone (that you can trust) who knows a thing or two about computers to take a look at it.

doesnt seem to be a problem with the RAM
my harddrive works
my video card works...

not much else could be the problem

and plus the mother board doesnt beep

#7 Armitage

Armitage

Journeyman

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

doesnt seem to be a problem with the RAM
my harddrive works
my video card works...

not much else could be the problem

and plus the mother board doesnt beep

well.....it could be the power supply.....even if you get a green indicator on the board saying it has power, thats not always accurate. you really do need someone to take a look at it, because if you get no beeps, especially if you tested the ram like cleric and i talked about, and your gpu fan doesn't spin at all either. do you get any power to anything when you press the button?

#8 .:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

.:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

The only way fan starts spinning is when the CPU gets at hot temperature, my fan never spins cuz i got too much cooling inside so it never gets hot.

Is what i know of.

------------

#9 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

The only way fan starts spinning is when the CPU gets at hot temperature, my fan never spins cuz i got too much cooling inside so it never gets hot.

Is what i know of.

------------

Wtf? do you post just so you have sh*t to look at.

#10 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

well.....it could be the power supply.....even if you get a green indicator on the board saying it has power, thats not always accurate. you really do need someone to take a look at it, because if you get no beeps, especially if you tested the ram like cleric and i talked about, and your gpu fan doesn't spin at all either. do you get any power to anything when you press the button?

yes i do get power... everything turns on and my comp is loud like it always is...

and the power indicator on the board lights up also

#11 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

Is what i know of.

------------

And there we have it... The fan only spins if the cpu is too hot and we should turn off our computers if it gets above 30! Boy was my computer messed up, but now i know! Thanks Pryde!

#12 SuHh

SuHh

BoSS Calculator

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

im positive theres power in it... lets just leave it at that... the cd-drive even functions! :D

#13 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:51 AM

im positive theres power in it... lets just leave it at that... the cd-drive even functions! :D

Time to throw out the old sh*t and buy something decent. Quit sinking money into a pile of garbage. After you spend the money on this new motherboard you pretty much have rebuilt your machine, so why not go for it.

Motherboard
Power Supply
Memory
Processor

Dual core, 2 gb of memory, simple, yet effective for about 180$

Can't afford it? Save up, if you havent already noticed, your machine is causing you problems, at this point in time it is more cost effective and a smart way of spending your money to buy brand new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users