• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

i would love to see awps banned on the deathmatch server, there are maps like office where awps are just bad, and there are maps like dm_moron(awesome) that become awping paradice and is just unplayable after u get awped in the foot from across the map 8 times in a row from someone you couldent even see... and once there is one awper and he says he got it from "random gun choice" next thing you know your every single person is awping.... just my opinon

#2 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

Your right but its not going to happen

I hate when n00bs use the AWP but its funny when you ownd them with a TMP..lol

#3 WILLKARTER3

WILLKARTER3

Lurker

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

Yeah I hate the awp too, but I don't think that it will be banned, but I wouldn't mind.

#4 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

Meh... it's not so much the AWP that's the problem... rather the maps. Need more maps like moron that are big but full of stuff and multi level. Standard maps are kinda bleh for deathmatch, except office of course.

#5 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:16 AM

Meh... it's not so much the AWP that's the problem... rather the maps. Need more maps like moron that are big but full of stuff and multi level. Standard maps are kinda bleh for deathmatch, except office of course.

I'd say less maps like Moron, hell the fricking spawn point placement on the map makes me assume a moron made the damned thing.

Though, we need more maps with a good mix of ranges. Moron is good since there's lots of indoor and out for sniping, and close quarters. While Dust2 is just an awp fest if you leave the tunnel, and nearly as true for aztec.

#6 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:16 AM

I'd say less maps like Moron, hell the fricking spawn point placement on the map makes me assume a moron made the damned thing.

Though, we need more maps with a good mix of ranges. Moron is good since there's lots of indoor and out for sniping, and close quarters. While Dust2 is just an awp fest if you leave the tunnel, and nearly as true for aztec.

#7 lostcuaz

lostcuaz

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

DM = awp wh*res haven

so just grit and bear it and own some

#8 .:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

.:Eu.PrYDe[rus]:.

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

just learn how to move then so the awper wont shoot u...

#9 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

bah, down with awps lol

#10 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:03 AM

I do have to agree with you on that. Any more than 5 v. 5 and the map turns into an instagib fest. But fundamentally the layout of the map is really nice.

#11 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

Lets have Officeworld as a DM Map

That would be crazy lol

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

Lets have Officeworld as a DM Map

Uh, maybe if we made it 5x bigger! :>.<:

#13 _AssassinX

_AssassinX

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:05 PM

Ezeek your wrong on so many levels...
Maps like Moron is what attacts people to the server...
Moron is a balanced map where u can run around with what ever gun u want and still PWN...

Dust2 is just f*cking stupid.. Take that out rotation because its Awp
Aztect is just so so

OFFICE WORLD FOR DEATHMATCH!!!!

Ban The Awps...
:tdown: Bring the awps back when BoSS deathmatch becomes a regular... meaning there is always 10+ people on
even then Awps kill deathmatches with few numbers on it...

Edited by _AssassinX, 25 January 2008 - 11:05 PM.

#14 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

bunch of fucking emo bitches, I'm getting seriously sick of how some of you cocksuckers just sit around and ask for more and more, yet don't do a single fucking thing for this community, its getting old.

Assassin, you don't know what your talking about :tdown: go die in a fire, seriously.

and just to be stay on topic a little, I'm not removing the AWP, its my fucking server, I'll do so if I feel it becomes an issue, until I can see the problem, nothing will be changed in that regard, dm_moron really does suck, boostfed says its a great map... but lets just put it this way, boostfeds uh... credibility has always been in question, and its just getting more and more apparent that I shouldn't take his advice at all.

#15 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

wowz.

shadow when you first put moron on.. it did well and still kinda is.. its one of the better maps we have i.m.o. it was requested by several of us..

There's been several times a bunch of us would bounce out of office and go play dm_moron ( several admins included) because when theres 12+ ppl in the server it gets crazy.

agreed spawn points are gay at times but other then that as frag said.. that map is killer when busy.

As far as my credibility.. i dont see how being a pc nub messes up my cred.

#16 Cptn.Dave

Cptn.Dave

Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

In my opinion the awp forces you to move, think, and react quicker. I just kept practicing on iceworld with the scout on other DM servers, and at this point a player with an awp has the same chance of a killshot on me as i have a chance killing them the first shot in the head with a scout. You just gotta be quick and stuffs.

Also, everything Lord Shadow decides is best for our health. I shall never argue with the great one. He decided the awp is benneficial to our health, therefore I shall receive many doses regularly.

#17 jalapeno1

jalapeno1

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

I don't think he wants everyone to kiss his ass >.> I think he is looking for suggestions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users