10 replies to this topic

#1 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

built it about a month ago.. been sucked into crysis, cod4, and half life episode 2.

q6600 @ 3.6 all day (400x9) voltage @1.5
4 gigs crucial ballistix @ ddr2 1000 (667 divider) voltage @ 2.3
biostar p35 chipset
8800gts 640mb (700/1000)
Sound Blaster
PC power and cooling Silencer 610
zalman cnps9000 heatsink
Sunbeam acrylic case
custom lighting, fanbus, etc

madhatter bought generic ram and a off brand PSU. blue case and green PSU lights, he must be a seattle seahawks fan or something. He thought he was slick with the Xeon but its all the same kentsfield chip it only does 3.73 on air dont be fooled. Sure you can post at 4.1 and get a screenshot but it wont run 3d mark or any other benchmarks. I'll post some pix soon go giants!

Crucial ram ownz. i can overclock the Ballistix to ddr2 1175 @ 2.4 volts. Its not ddr3 or anything but still. Highly recommended at todays prices it allows you to get those extra mhz when you overclock. Also pc power and cooling is the standard by which all other psu's are measured, definately lives up to the hype. I plan on tricking out the case with a STALKER shadow of Chernobyl mod. I really got into that game for some reason, and took some wacky screenshots so we'll see how it goes. I got some clear sticker decals that fit into an HP printer, so hopefully it will look sweet on the clear acrylic.

Edited by eRoC, 03 February 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#2 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

Nice! But ram voltage at 2.3? just hope your memory controller doesn't burn out...

#3 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

it is a little high isnt it.. I actually had to raise it to 2.4 to get ddr2 1175 and was hell bent on 1200. I tried a suicide run @ ddr1200 with a 667 divider and 2.5 volts but it locked up the cmos.

but the ballistix were rated @ 2.2 volts so we'll see what happens i'll probably turn the clocks down eventually anyway because it does get hot even with the zalman heatsink.

Nice! But ram voltage at 2.3? just hope your memory controller doesn't burn out...

#4 (NamEless)

(NamEless)

i Suck pp woob woob!!!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

nice man but i was never a fan of the sunbeam acrylic cases

#5 Scroll_Lock88

Scroll_Lock88

Internetz.

• Banned
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:37 AM

nice man but i was never a fan of the sunbeam acrylic cases

Have 4 friends who had this, all but 1 has either A. Sold it B. Broke something off it, as acrylic is not a very plyable material slightest over stress and you have cracks forming. C. Returned it

They are a b*tch to clean out, as you have to clean EVERYTHING otherwise you get t3h dirts showing. Can't hide cables, and if you are not good at wire management, it will look like straight up ass :grin:

Meanwhile, I will continue to have soft sensual love to my Lian Li case :evilgrin:

#6 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

i almost bought an acrylic case, got any pics of your computer i love the acylic case...

#7 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:06 AM

lots of acrylic haters I see. Ive heard all your arguments against them, yet its sturdier than I thought, and not that hard to clean. In fact it came with small cotton gloves for the assembly so you wouldnt get prints on it during the build. If you do that you only have to clean the side panel because thats the only part you touch. I do hesitate to transport it tho, because the power supply is so heavy.

But i hear ya, its definately not for everyone. people who see it though are impressed, if not amazed. Pics coming soon. I got a ram cooler and some more lighting, so i think im going to rebuild the whole thing this week sometime and get the cables tightened up a bit.

#8 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:14 AM

ya, once you start putting cold cathodes, other lights/fans it becomes a wiring disaster. Ya to clean it must be a pain because u cant use windex or anything like that cause it will dull the acrylic, you have to use special acrylic cleaner. But once you get used to it, and u manage the wires, stand back you'll see that thing a mile away...

#9 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:26 AM

heres some pix check em out

Attached Files

#10 eRoC

eRoC

BoSS VIP

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:27 AM

heres 2 more they wouldnt all fit. I know the wiring is messy im gonna re do the whole thing anyway.

Attached Files

Edited by eRoC, 06 February 2008 - 01:30 AM.

#11 NuLL-ZeR0

NuLL-ZeR0

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:26 AM

nice, i like that acrylic case alot! i want ur cpu lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users