• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JBrahms

JBrahms

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:44 AM

Someone on the CS:S Office 24/7 server changed their name to mine and spammed the voice chat. I was subsequently banned, even though I did not and have never spammed on the server. I have been playing on your servers almost exclusively for the past few weeks, and I really like what BOSS usually does to keep the servers safe and non-annoying.

I don't know the steam id or the usual name of the player who posed as me, but I would like to request that I be unbanned from your server as soon as is possible for you.

My SteamID is as follows:
"Brahms" STEAM_0:1:12142793 14:57 31 0 active

Whoever it was that spammed as me played the "Chocolate Rain" song, which I had heard him do before a few days ago. Perhaps it would be best if he were permanently banned from the server, not only for spamming on several different occasions, but also on being responsible for causing me to get banned currently.

Thank you in advance for your help.

#2 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:03 AM

just wait, prob. just a temp ban. try to log on in a hour or so.

#3 JBrahms

JBrahms

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:08 AM

Ok, thanks. but how do I prevent this from happening again. It was pretty easy for that guy to get me banned.

Also, could you unban me just in case it is a permanent ban?

Thanks again.

#4 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:37 AM

lol negative bro.. see when you change your name to another players name it leaves a number behind each 1.. you were mic spamming so i muted the other guy 1st to see if it stopped... you didnt u kept playing some farris buller sh*t over and over even after i told u SEVERAL times to PLEASE STOP..

i didnt temp ban anyone wrong.. so please just man up and admitt yea i did it and im sorry.

seriously i wouldnt of even noticed you untill jalapino said something to me about you spamming .. then u for some random reason changed your name to BoSS|Boostfed ( my name) and started saying all sorts of crap. i gave you 10 seconds to change your name and you did to another players name..

so yea it was i who temp banned you for an hour. next time please dont mic spam and please do what admins say to do.. when they tell you to stop.. please stop.

thanks

end rant

#5 JBrahms

JBrahms

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

But I really didn't. I don't know how to prove it, but I swear to god. I hate it when people spam. I mean, I really really hate it. I have no desire to do that kind of thing on any server, let alone one that I play on so often. Besides, I've never changed my name before on the server: I've always played as Brahms. I've never even typed the characters, "BoSS|Boostfed."

I'm not criticizing you for making a mistake, I'm sure whatever it was that happened was complicated. I'm not blaming you, but I did get banned without spamming, and I just wanted to know how I can help from being banned the next time someone uses my name and chooses to spam.

I'm sure the ban has been lifted by now, so I have no motivation to lie about this.

Sorry about the confusion; thank you again.

Edited by JBrahms, 10 February 2008 - 02:01 PM.

#6 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

i cant remember the name u change it to when i banned you.. the number behind it was 6108

i made no mistake.

trust me ;)

the ban should be lifted.. next time just behave.

end

#7 JBrahms

JBrahms

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

Well, I'm sorry, but you got the wrong guy. But it doesn't look like there is anything that I can say to convince you otherwise.

I don't even know how to play music on the voice chat. I play on headphones and the only music device in my room is my computer that I'm playing on.

I was the player's name that he changed his name to; you must have accidentally banned me instead of him.

By the way, I don't know what that that number means, 6108, but it's not in my steam id if you look above.

I suppose I'm just more concerned about being framed again, and this guy who is doing the real spamming getting away with it all of the time. I hear him on the server every couple of days or so.

One last time, I wouldn't lie about this, and I really would have remembered spamming, since it's something I don't even know how to do.

I know I'm unbanned now, but I'm just trying to help, and I would like it if this didn't happen again to me.

Edited by JBrahms, 10 February 2008 - 02:15 PM.

#8 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

Well, I'm sorry, but you got the wrong guy. But it doesn't look like there is anything that I can say to convince you otherwise.

I don't even know how to play music on the voice chat. I play on headphones and the only music device in my room is my computer that I'm playing on.

I was the player's name that he changed his name to; you must have accidentally banned me instead of him.

By the way, I don't know what that that number means, 6108, but it's not in my steam id if you look above.

I suppose I'm just more concerned about being framed again, and this guy who is doing the real spamming getting away with it all of the time. I hear him on the server every couple of days or so.

One last time, I wouldn't lie about this, and I really would have remembered spamming, since it's something I don't even know how to do.

I know I'm unbanned now, but I'm just trying to help, and I would like it if this didn't happen again to me.

no it has nothing to do with your steam id.. it was just in admin options..

dude seriously just give up.. your unbanned and i know i made NO MISTAKE.

#9 SoulWind

SoulWind

Combine Elite

• Server Admin+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

fyi brahms,

you're lucky it was boost, if it was scroll, you would be perm banned. He is very anti mic spammers.

#10 JBrahms

JBrahms

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:39 PM

Holy crap, guys. I'm not lucky at all. Someone else mic spammed, and I got banned because of it. How is that lucky? You made a mistake, and I'm done discussing this. All I wanted to know from you guys was how, in the case that someone else is spamming in my name, do I prevent getting temporarily or permanently banned; apparently, you all are more concerned with being right about not having made a mistake, rather than helping prevent us having to have this conversation again.

You are clearly not willing to help me or simply not able from lack of some sort of social maturity. Whether or not you made a mistake on some online game server is immaterial to me: I was just trying to help, and asking for advice; both have been rejected.

I just hope this doesn't happen again, or to other more dedicated and important players who will be invariably alienated from you servers by your lack of consideration or willingness to even consider that an error could have been made.

#11 wondergod

wondergod

i'm colored

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

lol i feel ya brahms. Whether or not you did it this post is still full of funny.

As for something you can do to prevent someone from copying your name...really nothing...

How can you prevent this from happening to you again? Jump on our Ventrilo server. Get to know the people who are in there, many are admins. Once they get to know you there is less likely a chance to get "accidentally" banned.

Good gaming dude.

#12 Boostfed

Boostfed

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:48 AM

word.

#13 JBrahms

JBrahms

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:20 AM

Alright, guys; thanks.

#14 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:29 AM

fyi brahms,

you're lucky it was boost, if it was scroll, you would be perm banned. He is very anti mic spammers.

scroll is anti everything :P hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users